Page 333 of 392 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,660 of 7821

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah I agree with IYOK, it's probably gonna be split in recruiting. Neither side will dominate.
    And for the younger Dogs' here......it didn't even used to be a 50/50 split among desirable recruits. Johnny Vaught & Co. used to dominate our ass for years and years. OM, I would dare say got about 90+% of the blue chip recruits up until about 1974. Then, we hired ex-ReBearShark coach Bob Tyler as our HC and he turned the recruiting tables on them from that point on. Very similar to the Ole Miss basketball coaching hire of Kermit Davis, Jr.....let's just hope Davis doesn't do the same thing for them in basketball that Tyler did for us in football. Since the Tyler era, recruiting has been back and forth a bit, with neither team dominating for any length of time. And I dont expect this to change.....we just need to get our share of instate talent, then search around for some out of state and JUCO talent to fill the holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yancy will say whatever to keep his subscribers happy. You should see when he posts bad news. "Yancy, I don't like this post."

If I ever have a slow day at work and need some funny entertainment, I read OM Spirit.
    I read Spirit recruiting practically everyday, you got to reconnoiter the enemy and like KO said there are some on there that are so stupid it's hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    And for the younger Dogs' here......it didn't even used to be a 50/50 split among desirable recruits. Johnny Vaught & Co. used to dominate our ass for years and years. OM, I would dare say got about 90+% of the blue chip recruits up until about 1974. Then, we hired ex-ReBearShark coach Bob Tyler as our HC and he turned the recruiting tables on them from that point on. Very similar to the Ole Miss basketball coaching hire of Kermit Davis, Jr.....let's just hope Davis doesn't do the same thing for them in basketball that Tyler did for us in football. Since the Tyler era, recruiting has been back and forth a bit, with neither team dominating for any length of time. And I dont expect this to change.....we just need to get our share of instate talent, then search around for some out of state and JUCO talent to fill the holes.
    Yeah vaught and bear used to take who they wanted and even ones they knew would never play for them. Times have changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post

Yep, and back then that was where the OM Money Booster would tell a recruit "if the paper asks you anything about getting any money, tell them that you don't know a damn thing about any money". And this came from one of the Major OM Money Boosters, whose brother was one of my Dad's best friends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah vaught and bear used to take who they wanted and even ones they knew would never play for them. Times have changed.
    We are very lucky that OM isn't the Bama of Mississippi. They f*cked it up and so glad they did!
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    We are very lucky that OM isn't the Bama of Mississippi. They f*cked it up and so glad they did!
    More like they got fcked up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    More like they got fcked up
    Maybe I don't know what you are saying but I'm speaking of the '60s not 2013. Back in the 60's/early 70s, they could have taken the ball and gone home.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Does Deke Adams give us a tiny shot with Byron Young? Maybe him being from Mississippi helps?

vCash
    Just the opposite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Just the opposite.
    So we should quit football? Basketball too maybe.

vCash
    Did I say that? I didn’t think so. I answered his question. We do need a new BBall coach.

vCash
    This weekend is going to be interesting. Best hang on. Ups and downs coming.

vCash
    So we are losing Darius Washington, but Emerson may not be gone yet? And we're all going to watch and see what Ealy and Mingo do this weekend to tip their hands?

A lot of indecision right now. This could be a spectacular close or we could fall flat on our face. What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So we are losing Darius Washington, but Emerson may not be gone yet? And we're all going to watch and see what Ealy and Mingo do this weekend to tip their hands?

A lot of indecision right now. This could be a spectacular close or we could fall flat on our face. What do you guys think?
    Yup. I can't help but think how awesome it would've been to sign Pickering, Young, and Moore. Amazing how that deteriated so quickly.

I think the fan bases' trust with JoMo is getting shaky and he needs a win. Mingo and Ealy would bring hope.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I'm not even sure Moore is going to hava a slot anywhere. And we are the ones who had a plan for eligibility, don't fret over that one. Waste of good oxygen

vCash

I think we get Mingo, and lose Ealy to OM. Of course all of that could change tomorrow and we get both or neither. What a crazy recruiting cycle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup. I can't help but think how awesome it would've been to sign Pickering, Young, and Moore. Amazing how that deteriated so quickly.

I think the fan bases' trust with JoMo is getting shaky and he needs a win. Mingo and Ealy would bring hope.
    Mingo 50-50 Ealy went from ours w Huff to I doubt it now. Maybe I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not even sure Moore is going to hava a slot anywhere. And we are the ones who had a plan for eligibility, don't fret over that one. Waste of good oxygen
    Moore will fit in nicely at a Juco somewhere soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If you're right about that he may try to commit to us. Doesn't sound like he's a take anymore so...

vCash

So what exactly are we watching for with mingo and ealy this weekend?