Page 38 of 392 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Just for organizational purposes: Jarrian Jones commits to Oklahoma.
    Yeah, I seriously doubt he ends up at Oklahoma. No inside info, just seems like he had a good time on his visit this weekend and made his decision based on that. I'm confident Moorhead and Co. will swing him back.

vCash
    Yeah I don't think this one is done

vCash
    All part of the plan: it's gonna be a great flip-mas, over OU no less.

vCash
    So does J. jones have some roots in OK....he seemed to insinuate that on twitter

vCash
    Jones and Pickering are the two big fish I'm trying to not pay attention to until signing day and then crossing my fingers they end up in Vegas. They both seem to enjoy the recruiting game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Jones and Pickering are the two big fish I'm trying to not pay attention to until signing day and then crossing my fingers they end up in Vegas. They both seem to enjoy the recruiting game.
    You are going to be happy ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Yeah I don't think this one is done
    A fellow State grad asked me today... Are we starting to be like our little bros up north? Star gazing fans, 1st year coach pulling pretty impressive recruits, lots of flipmas talk, recruits talking about our beautiful campus, highly ranked - out of state recruits - noticing us for the 1st time... has our network begun??

I said, I wouldn't worry... unless we start getting academically unqualified college recruits in, start stealing blue blood guys that have been committed for years and/or getting recruits that have never set foot on our campus signed!
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 04-16-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    A fellow State grad asked me today... Are we starting to be like our little bros up north? Star gazing fans, 1st year coach pulling pretty impressive recruits, lots of flipmas talk, recruits talking about our beautiful campus, highly ranked - out of state recruits - noticing us for the 1st time... has our network begun??

I said, I wouldn't worry... unless we start getting academically unqualified college recruits in, start stealing blue blood guys that have been committed for years and/or getting recruits that have never set foot on our campus signed!
    Exactly.

I also don't get the impression that we are taking commits just because of the stars by their name.

Ole Miss- let's say that they have a need at LB and have three 4 star WR's committed in their class. And then let's say hypothetically that their best option is a 3 star LB but there is another 4 star WR that would commit to them. They would rather take the 4 star WR for perception purposes even though it was cause a hole at the LB spot 3-4 years down the road. That's how they end up with a bunch of all world looking WR's and no LB's.

vCash

I"d have to say "yeah."

Pretty sure the UM verdict opened the floodgates.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    You are going to be happy ..
    What are you hearing on Brooks Rayburn WR from the coast?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Nothing. Have no idea who he is .

vCash
    Nothing. Have no idea who he is .
    He's been invited up three times and is going back for SBW, plays in a run heavy offense. no offer yet. There's not a lot of film on him. He can play.

vCash
    He's been invited up three times and is going back for SBW, plays in a run heavy offense. no offer yet. There's not a lot of film on him. He can play.
    I will see what I can find out.
    We prob aren’t taking but 3 WR this class and we would have to miss out on a bunch of guys right now for him to get in the mix is my guess

vCash
    Good kid. Really, really hard working. Decent size. Good speed. Good family. Bulldog fan. He plays in a run oriented spread. I think it was something like 2-1 run/pass. With their QB coming back, Brooks progression and both of their 1000yd backs graduating, I'd expect the pass to increase. Most people will know him at the end of the year and he'll get some good offers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Good kid. Really, really hard working. Decent size. Good speed. Good family. Bulldog fan. He plays in a run oriented spread. I think it was something like 2-1 run/pass. With their QB coming back, Brooks progression and both of their 1000yd backs graduating, I'd expect the pass to increase. Most people will know him at the end of the year and he'll get some good offers.
    Just looked him up, he's from Klin. Auto offer**

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Just looked him up, he's from Klin. Auto offer**
    never heard of Klin. Where is it?
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    never heard of Klin. Where is it?
    pretty sure it's Kiln, MS. on the coast . same place Brett Favre grew up in.

vCash
    Hancock county. Just north of waveland. About 20m north of the beach.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We're on him. He's been up here twice this spring. He's going to need a good camp for an offer to come his way. He's a good player though. I know TBuck likes him.

vCash
    I will see what I can find out.
    We prob aren’t taking but 3 WR this class and we would have to miss out on a bunch of guys right now for him to get in the mix is my guess
    Pruitt needs to get on board. He doesn't have until Dec to decide.