Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EPL 2018 Thread

vCash
    Roma vs Liverpool, Bayren Munuch vs Real Madrid.

vCash
    Arsenal drew Atletico in the Europa League semis. Kinda hoping we'd avoid them until the finals, assuming we actually get that far. But might as well play them now, honestly. With our shoddy away form and D, getting them for one leg at The Emirates is an advantage.

Still hoping by some miracle we can win Europa AND get rid of Wenger, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm fully prepared to be pissed when we get embarrassed by Atletico and Wenger stays another year while we fall further behind the other members of the Top 6. How do I always pick teams with shitty ownership?
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Wolves promoted.

vCash
    I will eat my own dick if arsenal advance against Atleti.

vCash
    As for the champs league..... not scared of Bayern. They are easily the second best team on paper in it behind Real, but we?ve really dominated them recently and assuming full health I expect to meet Liverpool in the final. But they are dangerous and at this level of football, anything can happen.

I find the English press and PL bias funny. I understand ppl backing the reds to knock out roma, but they are barely behind Real in the odds to win it. Other than Salah, not a single Liverpool player would make the first 11 for Real or Bayern. So I think the obsession is crazy and has so much to do w the media wanting an English finalist/champion, for obvious reasons. But, if Real can?t do the unthinkable in this era and win 3 in a row, I?m behind the reds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DudyDawg View Post
    As for the champs league..... not scared of Bayern. They are easily the second best team on paper in it behind Real, but we?ve really dominated them recently and assuming full health I expect to meet Liverpool in the final. But they are dangerous and at this level of football, anything can happen.

I find the English press and PL bias funny. I understand ppl backing the reds to knock out roma, but they are barely behind Real in the odds to win it. Other than Salah, not a single Liverpool player would make the first 11 for Real or Bayern. So I think the obsession is crazy and has so much to do w the media wanting an English finalist/champion, for obvious reasons. But, if Real can?t do the unthinkable in this era and win 3 in a row, I?m behind the reds.
    Liverpool is better than you think, and Madrid is as far back as we are in their league. The Reds have surprised me, and I'm an admitted total homer where they are concerned. Since the acquisition of Van Dyke. (Spelling?) they have reached another level. Be glad Real doesn't have to face them at Anfield. Anfield in Europe is something special. I still think we are a year or two away, but a cup run isn't beyond us, especially in Europe.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 04-14-2018 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Liverpool is better than you think, and Madrid is as far back as we are in their league. The Reds have surprised me, and I'm an admitted total homer where they are concerned. Since the acquisition of Van Dyke. (Spelling?) they have reached another level. Be glad Real doesn't have to face them at Anfield. Anfield in Europe is something special. I still think we are a year or two away, but a cup run isn't beyond us, especially in Europe.
    Don?t get me wrong. Liverpool can absolutely win it. But them almost being favored before the draw even happened was insane. The point stands about only Salah getting into the best XI for Bayern/Real. But that doesn?t mean they can?t win and the game isn?t played on paper.

As far as Anfiel goes, its special yes but nothing Real Madrid would be afraid of. I would?ve rather drawn Liverpool in the semis than final bc I think depth and quality rises to the top over two legs moreso than a one off. And I would like to see us in Anfield again. Worked out well in the group stage a few years ago. All that being said, Roma and Bayern could very well both progress to the final. Going to be very interesting.

vCash
    Rejoice Arsenal fan - Wenger out at the end of the season.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    YNWA! On to Kiev!

vCash
    Stoke relegated.

vCash
    Cardiff City promoted.

vCash
    West Brom and Swansea relegated. Tottenham assured of a Top 4 finish. If Liverpool get a point Sunday so are they. Chelski have to win and hope Liverpool lose.

vCash
    And city set the record for points..... and goals..... and wins

vCash
    And city set the record for points..... and goals..... and wins
    But didn't make the Semis of the Champion's League.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    But didn't make the Semis of the Champion's League.
    For that I commend you. But I wish you no luck whatsoever a week from Saturday

vCash
    Liverpool will be in the UCL next year, Chelski won't.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 05-15-2018 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    Promotion playoff final: Fulham vs Aston Villa.

vCash
    I swear Arsenal is going to wind up hiring Arteta. It might be a great hire, but I think it's 1000 times more likely he's a flop. But if we make that move, I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Still think we should go all in on Allegri.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Luis Enrique would be a better choice. Could continue and grow the possessive attacking style Wenger instilled.

vCash
    Luis Enrique would be a better choice. Could continue and grow the possessive attacking style Wenger instilled.
    Enrique never excited me. I feel like all his success came with the best attack money could buy. It's not real hard to win with MSN. Plus he wanted Wenger money and a ?200M transfer budget. No way Silent Stan Kroenke was hiring someone like that. Plus apparently Sanllehi said he was difficult to work with.

What Arsenal needs is someone to solidify the D. I think Allegri is more than capable of that and still playing good attacking football. Piss on style anyway, just win.

It's all a moot point, though. Looks like Arteta will be announced as "head coach" sometime next week. Time for the ol' puke and rally.