Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
I never see these threads because I never come to this board.

Newcastle has been steadily inching towards the relegation zone since about October and I think we finally fall into it this weekend. Whether we get out or not will pretty much be dependent on if Islam Slimani hits the ground running for us. He had decent stats at Leicester but was obviously never going to usurp Vardy in the starting role, so its hard to tell what we?re getting. There were talks about Mike Ashley finally selling the club and things were looking up from about September to November, then the takeover fell through and its back to the same old stuff. Rafa needed 2-3 good players to hopefully keep us up and wanted them by Jan 15 so they would be ready for crucial games against Burnley and Crystal Palace in late January...Ashley gets 2 players on loan, neither in time for the Burnley match, one in time for the CP match. Rafa is what?s keeping the Newcastle fans tame, I can?t imagine him staying after this season unless takeover talks pick back up, and once he?s gone Newcastle fans will be back to fulfilling all the negative stereotypes they?re known for.
It's a shame how poorly Newcastle is run. I empathize, as Hull has been in the same boat for a few years. The owners want to sell but are greedy and keep asking for more than anyone is reasonably willing to pay for the club and refuse to invest any further in it since they're selling. Now they're trying to avoid being relegated from the PL and the Championship in consecutive seasons. It's a shitty situation for everyone.

Sucks that you didn't land Sturridge. He'd have been a nice attacking upgrade for you. Hopefully you can stave off relegation, get the club sold, keep Rafa, and upgrade in the summer.