Thread: EPL 2018 Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    What little I have watched of EPL, I seemed to gravitate to Arsenal. Not sure if it is just purely because of the badass cannon on their logo or what but I have kept up with them a little more than the others. For someone who isn't a big soccer fan, what is the best EPL team to follow for an attacking style? I like to watch more of the fast break type rather than a team that is more defensive minded. Also what is the difference in how they coordinate their players? Is it similar to having more strikers instead of defenders is kind of like going 5 wide in football vs the I formation?

I have now went to my first soccer game when I went and watched Atlanta United. It is a great atmosphere and I had a blast. I would just like to learn more and I know MLS is kind of like watching A ball vs MLB level. EPL I know is a big step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    What little I have watched of EPL, I seemed to gravitate to Arsenal. Not sure if it is just purely because of the badass cannon on their logo or what but I have kept up with them a little more than the others. For someone who isn't a big soccer fan, what is the best EPL team to follow for an attacking style? I like to watch more of the fast break type rather than a team that is more defensive minded. Also what is the difference in how they coordinate their players? Is it similar to having more strikers instead of defenders is kind of like going 5 wide in football vs the I formation?

I have now went to my first soccer game when I went and watched Atlanta United. It is a great atmosphere and I had a blast. I would just like to learn more and I know MLS is kind of like watching A ball vs MLB level. EPL I know is a big step up.
    It just depends on what you want, honestly. Managers change so much now that no team tends to keep a style for very long. Right now the best pure attacking teams in the EPL are Man City and Liverpool. Chelsea and Man U are more defensive oriented right now. The Sp*rs are somewhere in the middle, a good balance. Arsenal is a ****ing mess and will be until Wenger goes. Man City now is what Arsenal used to be 10-20 years ago. If you like Atlanta United (I do too!), then I'd recommend following City or Liverpool. City might have the best team in the history of the EPL right now, which pains me to say as an Arsenal fan.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It just depends on what you want, honestly. Managers change so much now that no team tends to keep a style for very long. Right now the best pure attacking teams in the EPL are Man City and Liverpool. Chelsea and Man U are more defensive oriented right now. The Sp*rs are somewhere in the middle, a good balance. Arsenal is a ****ing mess and will be until Wenger goes. Man City now is what Arsenal used to be 10-20 years ago. If you like Atlanta United (I do too!), then I'd recommend following City or Liverpool. City might have the best team in the history of the EPL right now, which pains me to say as an Arsenal fan.
    Best single year team in the EPL era (only goes back to the early 90s) were the Untouchables of Arsenal. That isn't debatable. They did not lose a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post

What you described is Liverpool.