Thread: Anybody want some football wool?

vCash

Anybody want some football wool?

My brother lives and works in a major metropolitan area over a thousand miles from Starkville. One you wouldn?t regularly see State fans there. Well, he sees a big guy decked out in MSU gear and didn?t recognize him but said he looked like a coach. Turns out to be defensive quality control staffer John Haneline but he didn?t know that when he was talking to him. No idea if he?s still on staff. Anyway, my brother strikes up a convo and guy says he coached on the DL last year and asked what he thought of last years DL. He goes on to say if you thought last years was good, you haven?t seen anything. He said outside of Simmons, Chauncey Rivers is our best DL. Said Sweat is a freak athlete but Rivers is a beast athlete but has better technique, fundamentals, and upside. Said you?ll be awed next year.

If this is remotely true and we have a DL where Sweat is our 3rd best DL, we?ll have a national championship caliber DL. Best we?ve ever had. Add in LB and the way Thompson and Gay wrecked down the stretch, we?ll have the most talented and physical front 7 in our history. Get ready boys.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    My brother lives and works in a major metropolitan area over a thousand miles from Starkville. One you wouldn?t regularly see State fans there. Well, he sees a big guy decked out in MSU gear and didn?t recognize him but said he looked like a coach. Turns out to be defensive quality control staffer John Haneline but he didn?t know that when he was talking to him. No idea if he?s still on staff. Anyway, my brother strikes up a convo and guy says he coached on the DL last year and asked what he thought of last years DL. He goes on to say if you thought last years was good, you haven?t seen anything. He said outside of Simmons, Chauncey Rivers is our best DL. Said Sweat is a freak athlete but Rivers is a beast athlete but has better technique, fundamentals, and upside. Said you?ll be awed next year.

If this is remotely true and we have a DL where Sweat is our 3rd best DL, we?ll have a national championship caliber DL. Best we?ve ever had. Add in LB and the way Thompson and Gay wrecked down the stretch, we?ll have the most talented and physical front 7 in our history. Get ready boys.
    If Rivers is better than Sweat, there are going to be very few teams equipped to stop them from just blowing up their offense. That could give us some breathing room until the new offense really starts to gel, which we will probably need @KSU.

Could also make it really hard on a team like Auburn that is replacing a lot of OL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    LMBO

vCash
    I believe that MSU has never seen a DL like is about to hit the field in less than 7 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    I believe that MSU has never seen a DL like is about to hit the field in less than 7 months.
    We have had some good ones. I hope you right

vCash
    Ive been saying this for awhile. We are Bama-good on the DL in 2018 with Bama-depth.

State vs Bama for the SEC West in 2018
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It is great to see State representatives on the road. I go through ATL twice a week, and always run into fans, alums, coaches, and Admin al the time. When you say Hail State in the concourse, you always get a favorable response!

vCash
    A lot riding on Bob Shoop

vCash
    They are going to help out the secondary because QBs can't throw when they are on their back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    A lot riding on Bob Shoop
    I'd think any veteran DC would have trouble screwing this group up.

DC separate themselves by masking decencies, but if the defense has hardly any decencies & the best pass rush in America, it's kind of hard to screw up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    They are going to help out the secondary because QBs can't throw when they are on their back.
    Hard to screw up a defense with the best pass rush in America

vCash
    I'm not too worried about the secondary.

We're going to have a minimum of three seniors back there at all times. Peters, McLaurin, Abrams, and or Bryant. The other corner will be Datzler who I thought looked pretty good for a freshman and Rayford who is pretty solid and is also a senior. So, it's quite possible if not likely that our entire secondary will be all seniors. We also have Brian Cole who could possibly play CB or S as well if not OLB. I have a feeling Cole is going to be the hybrid nickel/safety/LB guy that Gray was last year when we go to a 4-2-5 look.

Banned
    vCash
    I'll give Don Muffins credit here he could recruit some DL studs. Couldn't recruit WRs for shit but DL he stocked our cupboard full of the good stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not too worried about the secondary.

We're going to have a minimum of three seniors back there at all times. Peters, McLaurin, Abrams, and or Bryant. The other corner will be Datzler who I thought looked pretty good for a freshman and Rayford who is pretty solid and is also a senior. So, it's quite possible if not likely that our entire secondary will be all seniors. We also have Brian Cole who could possibly play CB or S as well if not OLB. I have a feeling Cole is going to be the hybrid nickel/safety/LB guy that Gray was last year when we go to a 4-2-5 look.
    Dantzler will be the best CB we have. Tyler Williams is going to be a good one. We already know the proven guys, I cant wait to see Cole. Hes explosive.

The talk of our secondary's demise is very exaggerated

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    HaHa LMFAO!!!

vCash
    You ain't right, Vegas. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg34 again.

vCash
    I'm as warped as sv34. I always chuckle at Daffy pleasuring himself.