Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We shot 71% from 2 today

vCash

We shot 71% from 2 today

(22/31) got to keep breaking down defenses. I called loudly for Peters to start after watching us play USM and people pushed back. As usual, many of you are finally catching up and seeing what I saw weeks ago.

Great win and now it sets a huge game with Bama. We have to hold that home court.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Peters got himself suspended twice this year so starting him right after those suspensions wasn't an option.

vCash
    I will be extremely HAPPY if WE make the NIT tourney. We have to keep this in perspective because it’s a young mentally fragile team. Coach howland has done a GREAT job and we are setting the stage to compete year in and year out!!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    I will be extremely HAPPY if WE make the NIT tourney. We have to keep this in perspective because it’s a young mentally fragile team. Coach howland has done a GREAT job and we are setting the stage to compete year in and year out!!
    We are about two wins from locking up an NIT bid. I think it'll be ok it you start hoping for an NCAA bid this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We are about two wins from locking up an NIT bid. I think it'll be ok it you start hoping for an NCAA bid this year.
    Yeah I don’t see us missing the NIT. So I think we are at that point now to where we can say that we hope for the NCAA tournament.

Still shouldn’t be pissed if we miss it because I still think it would be an overachieve for this team. But we are close. Team has made solid progress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    (22/31) got to keep breaking down defenses. I called loudly for Peters to start after watching us play USM and people pushed back. As usual, many of you are finally catching up and seeing what I saw weeks ago.

Great win and now it sets a huge game with Bama. We have to hold that home court.
    Peters himself explained to you why he was not and how he put himself in his own position in the interview after the game.

He also explained what he did to be able to be back on the court.

Better team mate......

Banned
    vCash

Yup. U were right about peters... but just as right as u were about him, u were that wrong about Adu.

vCash
    Peters got himself suspended twice this year so starting him right after those suspensions wasn't an option.
    I agree w this. I know I said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yup. U were right about peters... but just as right as u were about him, u were that wrong about Adu.
    Ado has really come on offensively the last month.

Banned
    vCash
    His improvement has certainly been impressive

vCash
    That wasnt what you said 1 month ago. You said that we couldnt start Peters because we couldnt take Carter out of the starting line-up. You and others cant change the narrative now. Thats like trying to switch from collusion to obstruction of justice because you have found out there is no collusion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Cough cough. Should have listened to what Confucius say. I?ll say it again, he will be all sec before he leaves.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

What in the F*ck are you talking about? Peters was suspended and looked terrible up until 2-3 weeks ago. Anyone who said he should be starting at that time with his shit body language needed psychiatric assistance. You don?t play a guy who?s body language resembled Lamar?s a month ago. GTFO of here with this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    What in the F*ck are you talking about? Peters was suspended and looked terrible up until 2-3 weeks ago. Anyone who said he should be starting at that time with his shit body language needed psychiatric assistance. You don?t play a guy who?s body language resembled Lamar?s a month ago. GTFO of here with this.
    Facts is facts

We are a better basketball team with him starting at PG. Since he played 30-plus minutes against Bama and then began starting- we are an NCAA-level basketball team. We are 3-1 with him starting and the only loss is @Kentucky.

vCash
    Lamar can’t handle playing off the bench. It’s obvious that he’s better starting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Lamar can’t handle playing off the bench. It’s obvious that he’s better starting.
    His breakout game was against Bama and he didn?t start. He handled playing off the bench exceptionally well that night.

Peters earned his way back into the starting lineup. He wasn?t going to start until he did so. I?m thankful he did, bc it saved our season. He?s the straw that stirs the drink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    His breakout game was against Bama and he didn?t start. He handled playing off the bench exceptionally well that nigh.
    because he played 32 minutes that night. He may as well have started.

2-4 in the SEC with him coming off the bench
    3-1 in the SEC with him starting

vCash
    He did play well that game, but I believe he is better starting, and the team benefits more with him starting.
    Nick said he felt more comfortable at the 2 with Lamar starting. We are 3-1 since Howland changed the lineup.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Facts is facts

We are a better basketball team with him starting at PG. Since he played 30-plus minutes against Bama and then began starting- we are an NCAA-level basketball team. We are 3-1 with him starting and the only loss is @Kentucky.
    Here are some facts. We weren?t a better team with the headcase Lamar 8 weeks ago. Please explain that to me?

He got his head screwed back on and back to his potential the last 2 weeks and we have been better.

That?s like me saying any player shooting 50% is going to make us better than a guy shooting 20%. Or a guy turning it over 2 times a game vs 8 times a game. All are inherently common sense.

You saying 5 TO headcase Lamar was helping the team in December is flat out ridiculous.

Facts are when Lamar got his shit together and started playing to his potential, yes we are a better team. Another fact, he?s only been playing that way 2-3 weeks. Last fact, anyone wanting Lamar 3 weeks ago is an idiot.

vCash
    I've seen several refer to him as "Baby Hakeem" and I can definitely see him developing into an Olajuwon-type player by is junior year. The next several years should be beyond awesome!