Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We shot 71% from 2 today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Good lord you're like the Italian army in WW2. 3 weeks ago you were trolling every game thread calling us shit and crying for Stansbury to return. Switching sides once you see we are winning isn't what it means to be in the goal post movers club.
    Wow, pot meet kettle. OMG... from January 2nd: "Dawg61: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

Way go get on the train, Dawg61. Sometimes I really hate the way we eat our own. But yeah, seems like Bully13 isn't the only one in the goal post movers club with others who want to "switch sides once you see we are winning (your words, not mine)."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Wow, pot meet kettle. OMG... from January 2nd: "Dawg61: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

Way go get on the train, Dawg61. Sometimes I really hate the way we eat our own. But yeah, seems like Bully13 isn't the only one in the goal post movers club with others who want to "switch sides once you see we are winning (your words, not mine)."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Alright. To be fair, 34 has been saying Peters should be starting for a while. It was obvious, but he has been saying it.
    Yeah, but he said Herard should be playing over Ado. We had a 2 page argument over it. Everyone knew we were a better team with Peters but he was playing out of control and not taking care of business off the court.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Alright. To be fair, 34 has been saying Peters should be starting for a while. It was obvious, but he has been saying it.
    Now why would you want to be "fair" to C34?? *** Just kidding.

ETA: To add to the "be fair" to C34 mantra, he's been very positive about this team and Howland last 2 or so weeks, or maybe even longer.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 02-04-2018 at 10:44 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yeah, but he said Herard should be playing over Ado. We had a 2 page argument over it. Everyone knew we were a better team with Peters but he was playing out of control and not taking care of business off the court.
    I think this is an accurate statement. Lot of folks tend to be too impatient with our newer coaches. People were all over Cann in a few early games last year too.

I've been in Howland camp whole time cause what I perceived him to be doing is trying to teach, develop, and discipline all without being destructive. I also think he learned something from the end of his UCLA days. When it hasn't worked out (Newman), just agree to part ways. And now it seems to be coming around.

vCash
    All in all, Howland has said he is now focusing on O, he said he has never put O before D until just lately, and it shows.

By the way who is the asst coach that seems to be directing a lot of the offensive plays?

vCash
    Awesome! Good job Coach, thanks for saving our season! You're the best!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Facts is facts

We are a better basketball team with him starting at PG.
    Since he played 30-plus minutes against Bama and then began starting- we are an NCAA-level basketball team. We are 3-1 with him starting and the only loss is @Kentucky.
    No. We have not been. He WAS (caps for emphasis on past) a bigger liability due to his ball hogging and self absorption..... and he said as much in the interview. I saw him hurt us more than helped us.

He seems to have turned the corner based on his interview because he seems to understand the "bad" and is making an effort to change that. He was not perfect with that yesterday. Too many no pass 3s and if he continues to do that and goes cold, we will lose the games we have to win. If he continues to do things like slow walk the ball up and then take it upon himself to drive in and ignore his team, we will lose game like Bama. He had our top 3 point shooter wide open and ended up walking rather than kicking it out to him.

Those things he has to change in order to compete with the best in the SEC and to have a shot at the tourney.

That's not saying he has not improved! Because he has. That's not putting him down.... that's assessment. I think he is going to be great and we need him to be. He seems to be humble enough to see the issue and address it.

Banned
    vCash

Your post is inaccurate. No way would I say we'd beat Kentucky but not Vandy. Fail

Banned
    vCash
    Your post is inaccurate. No way would I say we'd beat Kentucky but not Vandy. Fail
    Is this a joke? Is your *** button working?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Is this a joke? Is your *** button working?
    Nope. He misquoted me. I said we wouldn't beat Kentucky, Florida, aTm. Not Ole Miss and Vandy. What is a joke is you chiming in on basketball threads. That is a joke.

Banned
    vCash
    Nope. He misquoted me. I said we wouldn't beat Kentucky, Florida, aTm. Not Ole Miss and Vandy. What is a joke is you chiming in on basketball threads. That is a joke.
    You were seved dude. Dont rely on a slight hiccup to cover up the meat and potatoes. Man up.

vCash
    I didn't mis-quote you! C34 actually brought up a "loser wears a dress" challenge and what I quoted above is verbatim where you said: "Bookmark my post. We won't get 1 win vs those seven teams (Auby, Arky, Bama, UT, Mizzou, UM, Vandy) and it's because Howland hasn't prepared us to play them."

I bookmarked it, then we proceed to knock Arky off 1st game. You tried to change it to say UK was one of the teams before I reminded / corrected you of the 7 teams (listed above) that you were on your soapbox about us not beating. Fortunately, anybody that wants can go look it up from 20 pages back or so (right after our victory of Arky).

But I'm glad you're on the train, now. Hail State!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    And Einstein I?m asking you why that was the situation. Why was Lamar suspended? Why wasn?t he starting? Subsequently why wasn?t he getting 1st team minutes to get in gear. You didn?t answer the question as usual. You answered what you thought was asked. I?d rather have a totem pole on the court vs Lamar 3+weeks ago.

That?s like saying after a guy goes 20-30 after a 10-200 slump that you knew he was gonna come through.

Holy shit, we aren?t that stupid. Well at least I?m not. Playing a player struggling mentally and subsequently physically on the court is not a good idea for anyone. The fact you tout it is scary. Hell I can predict that that any player who starts hitting 9 of 10 from mid range will get more playing time.

No one can predict what Lamar was going to go. We all knew his potential. We all saw his sloppy selfish play. We all knew he could be who he?s been the last 2 weeks, if he got his head in straight. Nobody, including Lamar knew if this would occur

So what the f*ck exactly did you predict? Did you predict that water is wet? And that fire is hot?

You might be able to dupe most posters, but you aren?t bringing your F*cking bullshit here. I’ll post you up, Mutombo style.
    you arent doing shit- get outa here with your wannabe badass bullshit. Lamar was suspended for Moultrie Knee. The same reason we have had many other suspensions over the years and will continue to have suspensions for. I posted after we played Southern Miss that this team would not be worth a damn until Peters became the starting PG. Nobody- including you- replied that he will be later on in the season after he "starts acting right". My post was met with "Nick is our best player- you cant take him out as a starter" and "Carter scores too much to take him out of the line-up" and other crap.

So take your Motumbo bullshit back to the Little League field and go back to teaching 9 year olds how to hit. We got better the second Peters began starting and it should have happened a month ago. He isnt doing anything differently now that he was then. He had 17 shots last night with only 2 assists. Dont act like he has suddenly become something he hasnt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    He got you 61. Own it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He got you 61. Own it
    He got me in the sense that I did say we wouldn't beat certain teams but his list is incorrect on which teams it was. Here is my original comment which I then added Florida to the list because I forgot to include them the first time.

Fact is Howland has failed to get our NCAA tourney resume ready and has failed to get us ready to compete in the SEC. Auburn, aTm, Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama are all going to skull**** us. We have zero shot vs those teams because Howland hasn't spent the last two months getting us ready to play them.
    http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ighlight=dress

vCash
    He got me in the sense that I did say we wouldn't beat certain teams but his list is incorrect on which teams it was. Here is my original comment which I then added Florida to the list because I forgot to include them the first time.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ighlight=dress
    Are you some senile old 17 that's lost his mind? Cause you got 17ing owned.

vCash
    I would say Peter's has a little more positive attitude but basically just getting more pt.

vCash

I hate the way a contingent of our fan base acts. They bitch incessantly, call for people's heads, and predict crap like this. Then when things get good half of them disappear and the ones that stick around cop out with the ole "aww shucks I'm just so glad they proved me wrong".

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Are you some senile old 17 that's lost his mind? Cause you got 17ing owned.
    If someone is trying to "own" someone they should make sure what they are saying is correct. He misquoted me. I corrected him. Do you think the 61 in my username has something to do with my age tireddawg? Boy you're like Sherlock Holmes with those detective skills but just like WSOPdawg you're wrong. 61 has nothing to do with my age.