Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Super Bowl Bowl Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Super Bowl Bowl Edition

I know everybody has some good stuff for the weekend. Too bad Wentz is out because if he was healthy, this would be one hell of a match-up. That said, I'm still rooting for the Eagles. I'm going to a family SB get together so I'm responsible for smoked chicken quarters and philly cheese-steak sliders.

Playing around with my rub recipe I discovered Mediterranean ground oregano. I used a good bit of it with brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, paprika, and ground mustard. I usually don't use mustard but threw it in since I was using the ground oregeno and it made for a rub that really set well with me. So I'm doing it again this week. The cheesteak sliders will be on garlic butter toasted italian loaf with a roasted red bell pepper aoli sauce on the bottom, stacked with steak/onion/peppers, and topped with smoked provolone. I'll just slice off bite sized portions.

vCash
    Beast, as we were talking about simple pastas last week, I wanted to share one of my favs. Cooked this last night.

As with all great Italian dishes, it's all about simplicity: sliced garlic and olive oil, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, red pepper flakes (my brand of "Death Dust", out of my garden), and shaved parmigiana. Delish.

vCash
    As mentioned earlier, I have made made my gumbo. Just put in the freezer, so it will be ready Sunday. I feel that it is better after being froze to solidify the flavors. Also, brining ribs for the smoker. The final touch will be a Buffalo Chicken Dip that is a huge hit at tailgating. It is like a chicken wing on a chip. Diet is going out the window Sunday.

vCash
    Beardo, that's so damn money and right up my alley. So many folks think Italian is all big sauces and whatnot and some of my favorites are the most simplistic.

HowBoutDem, what's the rundown on that dip. I love me some buffalo chicken.... and fritos

vCash
    Here ya go:

1 cup of shredded cooked chicken (can use canned chicken)
    8 oz of cream cheese
    1/2 cup of Ranch dressing
    3/4 cup of Franks Hot sauce
    1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
    Pinch of salt
    1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

Stir all ingredients together and dump all of it in a crockpot. Place on high until cheese is melted. Turn down to low, and then you are ready.

We make the night before all the games, and plug in the crockpot when we set up at the tailgate. Easy! (It is best to use a crockpot liner for simple clean up)

We usually double the recipe for games.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I think the eagles still win

vCash
    Did some prep work for my cheesesteak tomorrow. I opened a 15lb 30 day wet aged ribeye loin from work. Attempted to cut off 2.5lbs and when I threw it on the digi it was 40.6 ounces. That was the first sign today would be a good day.

I trimmed it and wrapped it. Put it in the freezer for 30 mins to harden up a bit to makes slicing easier. Sliced it thin and then stripped it out

Even though marinating a good steak is blasphemous, I threw some KC masterpiece steakhouse marinade in the bag with the steak. Just a little since it’s sitting until tomorrow. I’d never do this on steak not but it’s a sandwich, why not

vCash
    Going out for hibachi tonight. That’s what the wife wanted. Lil dude loves the show anyway

vCash
    Just got back from taking mini me to a parade. Woodford and moon pies.

vCash
    Working on a 15 bean soup with deer sausage and duck breast. I’ve got a couple things to throw on the grill in a bit. Just opened a small bottle of Bordeaux that made a trip home with me, for the cooking.

vCash
    Philly Cheesesteak finger sandwiches were sick. Go Eagles

Dinner was smoked chicken quarters. Rice n gravy and cornbread