Thread: 2017/2018 season results

vCash

2017/2018 season results

As I start the day on February 1st, the deer season has come to a close for me; and hunting withdrawals set in. Not the best season by no means. Due to work schedule, having the flu, and holiday travel, my production on deer was way down. Ended with 2 - 8 points and 2 does. (Gonna have to monitor deer meat cooking through out the year)

How did everyone else do?

Now the real season starts,,,,,,Turkey. March can't get here fast enough! Also, I guess I can shoot "tree rats" till the 28th.

Plus, March starts the new deer season, which means time to start preparing for next year.

vCash
    Despite only shooting one doe in the early bow season, I had a great season and luckily have family members that have more deer meat than myself this year . Work travel and some personal travel kept me out of the woods more than I would have liked, but I made the most of it. I got to be part of some great duck shoots, killed a banded greenhead, saw some great bucks (but never in bow range) and my son has wanted to join every afternoon deer hunt possible this year(with plenty of snacks and games of course). I've got one more hunt - geese in LA - then I'm getting back after some yellow mouths. Figured I'd add a few pics from this season and my spring-fall addiction.

vCash
    I don?t hunt much of anything besides deer and fish a little bit. I may try to kill a turkey this year just to get out in the woods. But here is my best and first bow buck. I killed 3 other does as well.

vCash
    Deer season was a bust for me. New baby on Dec 20th had me miss the rut. I hunted 3x before baby and twice after. Never got a shot. Archery only. Did hunt 2 new leases in my home county so I’m looking forward to next year having more familiarity.

vCash
    Two does killed, and I saw deer every time I went out. One of the better seasons I have had. Look forward to a few small game trips with my oldest gal before turkey season starts, and the crappie start biting hot.

vCash
    Figured I would bump this one with a few more trips. I had a good late season speck hunt in SWLA a while back and the redfish have been hot lately. Hopefully, we can just keep this thread going with catches/kills all year.

vCash
    The prison bands look great Speck on the goose.... got one turkey and hunting one more week, and that is it. It is fishing and golf time.

vCash
    One nice Delta 8 point, and a lot of ducks, to include a banded green head.

vCash
    Got to knock off a bucket list fish this week.

vCash
    That is a wild looking fish Speckle, what is it?

vCash
    Pez Gallo - Roosterfish. Fights like hell.

vCash
    Rooster fish..... you know...... HE AINT GONNA DIE!!!!!!! NO NO!!!!! HE AINT GONNA DIE!!!!!!!
    hahah, needed that this afternoon.