Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On a positive recruiting note:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    So or we getting dude from Kansas or not?

He' is still scheduled for an OV this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    If Johnson couldn't coach then Cutcliffe would not have promoted him to offensive line coach. Cutcliffe thought highly of him as a coach (recruiter too). Johnson played at OM under Cutcliffe, but Cutcliffe did not go along with the Network philosophy of recruiting. He recruited good kids the right way.
    And that's why I'm not worried about Johnson and Ole Miss. If you coach at Ole Miss, you have to be willing to play by the rules of their Network. Which really limits who they can hire and probably why they end up hiring so many former players as coaches.

It's also probably why they will never hire a Tony Dungy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I agree. You pretty much nailed it.
    Ditto.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    It was a damn good OL for most of the year as well. Say what you want about Hev's recruiting ability, but we didn't have many years where our OL wasn't at least decent, and in some years it was downright nasty.
    2015 was the worst OL I have seen in my lifetime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Not sure if that was entirely the oline?s fault. We are a run first team that went completely pass happy and used a rb that could not run between the tackles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not sure if that was entirely the oline?s fault. We are a run first team that went completely pass happy and used a rb that could not run between the tackles
    Yeah and they were so bad they couldnt pass block or run block. Hevesy should be charged with assault for what that OL allowed to happen to Dak his SR yr vs Bama.

Rufus Warren was the worst SEC OL I have ever seen nothing but love for the guy but he was simply outgunned

vCash
    Yeah and they were so bad they couldnt pass block or run block. Hevesy should be charged with assault for what that OL allowed to happen to Dak his SR yr vs Bama.

Rufus Warren was the worst SEC OL I have ever seen nothing but love for the guy but he was simply outgunned
    Bama and unm both abused Dak in 15. We lucky he didn?t get seriously injured

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    So or we getting dude from Kansas or not?
    I don't know, but whenever we go head to head with another school for Olinemen I usually chalk it up as a loss based on recent history. If we lose to KS it really is bad. I have to wonder what MSU is not doing that others are??**

vCash
    If Johnson couldn't coach then Cutcliffe would not have promoted him to offensive line coach. Cutcliffe thought highly of him as a coach (recruiter too). Johnson played at OM under Cutcliffe, but Cutcliffe did not go along with the Network philosophy of recruiting. He recruited good kids the right way.
    Please stop w the narrative. Just not true. Doug buckles, tre stallings, mike espy, Johnson, and many others. This is dead wrong. Now was he as crooked as Nutt or freeze? No. But cutcliffe wasn't clean. Not at all. Just absurd.

vCash
    You must not be ten then, cause the last croom line was beyond awful and we put lots of way way worse lines on the field than the 15 line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You must not be ten then, cause the last croom line was beyond awful and we put lots of way way worse lines on the field than the 15 line.
    Oh I witnessed that 08 line and the demolishing in that Egg Bowl but that team had quit by then. That 15 line was trying and still getting ran through like croton oil

vCash
    Tony Shell played behind a really bad ol and poor Kevin Fants senior season was just brutal. He probably still having nightmares.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    We had an OL coach at a 'cruits basketball game last night in Lawrence, Kansas ... WOW!

Did Hev ever travel that far or go try to find those under the radar midwest dudes?
    Yes ... he went to a BB game in my hometown back in Pike County Georgia to see a recruit - can't remember the recruit's name now but my buddy who is a state grad was at the game and saw it for himself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Bama and unm both abused Dak in 15. We lucky he didn?t get seriously injured
    OM and Bama both did, for sure. However, and I'm not completely sure, but didn't State lead or nearly lead the country in sacks allowed before 2015 Bama and OM? And didn't we have two or three OL starters out for the OM game? Now that I think about it, I think they rolled over and took out one of our starters at the beginning of the game. Sounds familiar.

vCash
    Please stop w the narrative. Just not true. Doug buckles, tre stallings, mike espy, Johnson, and many others. This is dead wrong. Now was he as crooked as Nutt or freeze? No. But cutcliffe wasn't clean. Not at all. Just absurd.
    Cut also had David "Eight Year Show Cause" Saunders as his RECRUITING COORDINATOR for 3-4 years.

vCash
    You must be 10 or so.

vCash
    I have some beach front property in the Tombigbee Bottom I?d like to sell you. No need to come look at it it first.