Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Didn?t want to go here because it should be easy to see but I?ll explain for you.

Her attitude is quite clearly militant. Persons exhibiting militant attitudes and demeanors do not portray a great atmosphere, by simple default, especially a public figure.
    This
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSebastian View Post
    If the Mizzou AD had that concern he could have addressed it privately. She?s one person, he has a certain level of access to her because of his position, be an adult and talk to HER. By going public, he?s blowing this out of proportion, and being blatantly disrespectful.
    Why privately? What she does certainly isn't private.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    If every single thing about this situation was the same except instead of Staley being the coach involved it was Matt insell, not a single person would be coming to his defense...
    THIS.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Why privately? What she does certainly isn't private.
    Not sure why you have such a big issue with Staley's antics during games. There's limitless men that act way worse than her in several sports. I could probably list hundreds of them if I really had to and all of them are worse than her. That actually makes her a little refreshing to me imo she's breaking down a barrier for other women. Coaches are coaches and women coaches should be allowed to get just as expressive as the men do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Not sure why you have such a big issue with Staley's antics during games. There's limitless men that act way worse than her in several sports. I could probably list hundreds of them if I really had to and all of them are worse than her. That actually makes her a little refreshing to me imo she's breaking down a barrier for other women. Coaches are coaches and women coaches should be allowed to get just as expressive as the men do.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

This was exactly my point earlier. I couldn't care less about this lawsuit, but I definitely find it amusing at the amount of feigned outrage over over her antics and profanity. Jesus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Didn't say they were hard to miss. It's one thing to call out her demeanor and attitude. It's another to say she is encouraging bad fan behavior, such as spitting and racial slurs, which hasn't even been shown to have taken place.

That's what this is about. I don't know why it's so hard to understand..
    Mizzou's AD didn't accuse her of "encouraging bad behavior". He accused her of contributing to the toxic atmosphere that led to the bad behavior.

If I rile a bunch of people up with a bunch of bullshit talk and someone in that crowd goes out and kills a person because they're all pissed off, did I murder anyone? No. Did I contribute? Yes.

Also, read this article and the links contained therein. Staley accused the Mizzou team of playing like thugs, claimed the officials intentionally screwed them out of a win, and bitched about the officiating for like 5 minutes in her post-game comments. So yeah, I'd say she contributed through her public statements and actions to the problem.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...201701194.html

I get that she's passionate and outspoken but she needs to understand that as a public figure she is not above criticism. She's going to look like a fool unless Mizzou caves because of the lawsuit.

vCash
    Because she and her team are our chief competition at the moment in the SEC, and among a select few that can compete with us nationally This year. It's that simple 61. If we beat them by 40 every time we played them I could care less what she does, neither would anyone else here. Since we don't, ammo is ammo. That's how the SPORTS game is played. If you are playing another one then that's your business. I'm sick of sports being anything but sports. I'll tell you who she reminds me of on the bench.....Joe B. Hall. I hated him too.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 02-23-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Mizzou's AD didn't accuse her of "encouraging bad behavior". He accused her of contributing to the toxic atmosphere that led to the bad behavior.

If I rile a bunch of people up with a bunch of bullshit talk and someone in that crowd goes out and kills a person because they're all pissed off, did I murder anyone? No. Did I contribute? Yes.

Also, read this article and the links contained therein. Staley accused the Mizzou team of playing like thugs, claimed the officials intentionally screwed them out of a win, and bitched about the officiating for like 5 minutes in her post-game comments. So yeah, I'd say she contributed through her public statements and actions to the problem.

I get that she's passionate and outspoken but she needs to understand that as a public figure she is not above criticism. She's going to look like a fool unless Mizzou caves because of the lawsuit.
    Even if Missouri is right to complain they aren't smart to do it publicly instead of privately because the entire SEC footprint is still pissed at how they handled the riot situation and embarrassed the SEC so they aren't going to get much support over the current national champion SEC basketball coach right now. Maybe that's not fair but it is the truth.

Banned
    vCash
    Because she and her team are our chief competition at the moment in the SEC, and among a select few that can compete with us nationally This year. It's that simple 61. If we beat them by 40 every time we played them I could care less what she does, neither would anyone else here. Since we don't, ammo is ammo. That's how the SPORTS game is played. If you are playing another one then that's your business. I'm sick of sports being anything but sports. I'll tell you who she reminds me of on the bench.....Joe B. Hall. I hated him too.

vCash
    Even if Missouri is right to complain they aren't smart to do it publicly instead of privately because the entire SEC footprint is still pissed at how they handled the riot situation and embarrassed the SEC so they aren't going to get much support over the current national champion SEC basketball coach right now. Maybe that's not fair but it is the truth.
    Actually the SEC footprint, the very small minority that knows or cares, agrees with him. Nobody that only cares about sports likes Staley, except South Carolina fans. Just like UK fans were the only ones that could tolerate Joe B. Hall. He was a bastard, but he was THEIR bastard. The astounding thing to me is that a few fans from a RIVAL school, seem to be defending Staley. It's very puzzling to a sports fan.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 02-23-2018 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Didn?t want to go here because it should be easy to see but I?ll explain for you.

Her attitude is quite clearly militant. Persons exhibiting militant attitudes and demeanors do not portray a great atmosphere, by simple default, especially a public figure.

You don?t seem to get what this is about. The Mizzou AD claimed fans spit and yelled racial slurs at his student athletes. He then went on to claim that Staley contributed to this type of atmosphere. Here, I?ll explain it to you.

There has been zero proof of fans spitting or using racial slurs against Mizzou student athletes that night. By simple default, it makes the Mizzou AD statements questionable and he should have offered a simple apology.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 02-23-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawg61 again.

This was exactly my point earlier. I couldn't care less about this lawsuit, but I definitely find it amusing at the amount of feigned outrage over over her antics and profanity. Jesus.
    This is my issue as well.

Saban, Mullen, Cal, Pearl, Muschamp and on and on and on and on. Don’t see you guys going out of your way to get on to them for contributing (since this is the word we are using) to a bad atmosphere. Wonder why that is.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 02-23-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I don’t like Dawn Staley, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that the Mizzou AD did the right thing. So that’s my position. Done
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post

He said she promoted that kind of atmosphere. Fun fact, encouraging is a synonym of promoting. The more you know..

Now I’m done
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    The astounding thing to me is that a few fans from a RIVAL school, seem to be defending Staley. It's very puzzling to a sports fan.
    There's nothing astounding about posters on an MSU site discussing a hot topic between two other SEC schools. Are you capable of putting down your maroon tinted granny blockers ever?

vCash
    I suspect the Missouri AD knows a little more about what occurred than those here who are defending Dawn Staley.

vCash
    There's nothing astounding about posters on an MSU site discussing a hot topic between two other SEC schools. Are you capable of putting down your maroon tinted granny blockers ever?
    No, I'm a MSU guy. I have a REAL hard time understanding supposed MSU fans that say they can. It doesn't make you cool to fans of other schools, they just laugh at you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    This is my issue as well.

Saban, Mullen, Cal, Pearl, Muschamp and on and on and on and on. Don’t see you guys going out of your way to get on to them for contributing (since this is the word we are using) to a bad atmosphere. Wonder why that is.
    Saban Mullen etc are irrelevant to this topic, don't you think?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sounds like Staley didnt like what Sankey had to say
    Sounds like Sankey saw what all rational human beings saw and brought it up. Staley is a militant in a prominent position. These are the results and ramifications of said attitudes in said position. Reap what you sow. Sleep in the bed you make. Shall I continue?

It?s borderline comical at this point that all Americans don?t see what?s going on. But then again we saw how many voted for a person who committed thousands of counts of illegal activities that would land any one of us under the jail had we committed a similar single violation.

It is where we are as a society. A portion will always defend their leaders no matter how stupid or ignorant. Have to understand and deal with this non thinking phenomena, and make an attempt to teach these people that water is wet, and the sun rises in the east. Yes, this is a tall task to educate the indoctrinated non thinkers. But start off with a bowl of water. Explain that water is wet and go from there. Then fire is hot. Expand upon these things as the subject learns.

Some may disagree with this assessment due to bias ignorance. That?s fine. Prove me wrong with facts because facts own no opinions. I welcome facts.

Banned
    vCash
    I have a REAL hard time understanding supposed MSU fans that say they can.
    Oh man you got us Liverpool Sherlock Holmes. You have sniffed out some Gamecock fans on here. Beardo, mstatefan91 and myself have been scheming in PMs on how Lady Gamecocks basketball can get a competitive edge over MSU. We've been busted!! Damn you're one clever tart