Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

vCash

Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

Per zou AD

?We had players spit on and called the ?N? word and things like that,? Sterk said. ?I mean it was not a good environment and unfortunately and I think Coach (Dawn) Staley promoted that kind of atmosphere. And it?s unfortunate that she felt she had to do that.?

Strong words from an AD about an opposing coach and nice showing of balls to say it.

vCash
    I?m this day with mics everywhere shouldn?t they be able to tell if someone used abusive language and suspend them

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Not Dawn Staley, she is the epitome of class according to every announcer working their games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Not Dawn Staley, she is the epitome of class according to every announcer working their games.
    If the media is going overboard to fortify someone's character and reputation, in many cases it's because it's not true.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    If the media is going overboard to fortify someone's character and reputation, in many cases it's because it's not true.
    I’m still trying to figure out how the SEC hasn’t handed down suspensions for the Mizzou game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    I’m still trying to figure out how the SEC hasn’t handed down suspensions for the Mizzou game.
    Are we talking about a ladies hoops game?MO @ SC? what were the violations?

vCash
    Staley is fugly! One of the most unattractive "women" I've ever seen. Her face promotes and unhealthy environment.

Banned
    vCash
    Dawn can be fiery and aggressive while coaching her team, but certainly not as much rule-breaking as any of us would be. Or she’s true sports and competition. So I respect her anyway.

Banned
    vCash
    Or I do not think Staley would say, literally, spit on them then. Lol

vCash
    Sorry for bumping an older thread, but figured it was worth it since she’s file suit against the Mizzou AD for slander...

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...ander-53285539
    Last edited by Gutter Cobreh; 02-22-2018 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    This should get interesting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This should get interesting
    Indeed.

My favorite part of the article is “Staley's suit said the comments from Sterk were especially painful because they were broadcast around the world.”

If I were Sterk’s legal team, I’d simply create a video showing all the times a camera has caught her on one of her profanity laced tangents - starting with the one she had at her assistant when they last played us.

vCash
    Good for Staley. The burden of proof falls on the Missouri AD. He made the claims. So far there has been no proof that what he said took place, let alone that Staley promoted it.

Anybody really surprised that safe space Missouri would pull something like that after losing a heated game?
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Indeed.

My favorite part of the article is “Staley's suit said the comments from Sterk were especially painful because they were broadcast around the world.”

If I were Sterk’s legal team, I’d simply create a video showing all the times a camera has caught her on one of her profanity laced tangents - starting with the one she had at her assistant when they last played us.
    A foul mouth does not mean she is directing fans to spit and yell racial slurs at opposing teams.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    A foul mouth does not mean she is directing fans to spit and yell racial slurs at opposing teams.
    No shit

And nope.....I never saw John Cohen cuss up a storm, nor Dan Mullen, Saban, Muschamp, Harbaugh, Bruce Pearl, Frank Martin, Kirby, etc., etc.....***

Seriously, guys....why is she so bad? She's competitive, passionate, and a national championship winning coach...wtf is the big deal?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Good for Staley. The burden of proof falls on the Missouri AD. He made the claims. So far there has been no proof that what he said took place, let alone that Staley promoted it.

Anybody really surprised that safe space Missouri would pull something like that after losing a heated game?
    In their defense, the times I?ve seen Staley on sidelines, this isn?t a shocking accusation. I?ll stop there but every, let me repeat, every time I?ve viewed a small portion of their games her actions do not cause me to think these accusations are very far fetched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    No shit

And nope.....I never saw John Cohen cuss up a storm, nor Dan Mullen, Saban, Muschamp, Harbaugh, Bruce Pearl, Frank Martin, Kirby, etc., etc.....***

Seriously, guys....why is she so bad? She's competitive, passionate, and a national championship winning coach...wtf is the big deal?
    It's called sports man. They are pretty much our rival in this sport now. As such she is evil incarnate. It ain't rocket surgery. You are over thinking and reading way too much into this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    In their defense, the times I?ve seen Staley on sidelines, this isn?t a shocking accusation. I?ll stop there but every, let me repeat, every time I?ve viewed a small portion of their games her actions do not cause me to think these accusations are very far fetched.
    Have you ever watched a college football game? Saban, for example? How about basketball....Pearl, Martin, Bobby ****ing Knight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    You are over thinking and reading way too much into this
    I'm not over thinking anything, lol. Rivalries are one thing, but this is just silly. She's a coach. In the SEC. She's competitive. She cusses. So the **** what?

Again, if the same ire was directed at others in the profession I wouldn't find this so odd...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

Again, if the same ire was directed at others in the profession I wouldn't find this so odd...
    That says more about you than it does the other people in this thread. She is the coach of one of the main rivals for honors of the best team we have ever fielded in any sport. People are passionate about it. It's only natural that MSU people don't like her. It would be the same no matter what or who she is.