Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I’m saying it isn’t enough and it all comes from one side. I would expect our coaches and radio guys to back up Cohen if he made the mistake of issuing public statements like this.

And nobody called her poor Staley. I don’t care for her. Everybody is making this personal.
    Sounds like you think they're lying to me. I find that more unlikely than USCe fans acting like oafs. Multiple high-profile professionals don't generally fabricate charges in this sort of scenario. Fans, however, routinely act based on poor judgment. And I find Staley's demeanor and language dubious enough to at least listen to an AD who saw a connection between the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Sounds like you think they're lying to me. I find that more unlikely than USCe fans acting like oafs. Multiple high-profile professionals don't generally fabricate charges in this sort of scenario. Fans, however, routinely act based on poor judgment. And I find Staley's demeanor and language dubious enough to at least listen to an AD who saw a connection between the two.
    No. I’m saying it hasn’t been proven. I don’t know why this is so hard.

Sounds like you think all of USCe is lying. See how this goes both ways if we don’t stick with facts? And as the facts stand, it hasn’t been proven that spitting or racial slurs occurred. That’s all I’ve been trying to say.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Now you're mischaracterizing your position... you have said a lot more than the fact finding is not complete. And please consider dropping the passive aggressive sneering about how easy this is for you to understand and apparently beyond others. The converse is more likely true here.

vCash
    Now you're mischaracterizing your position... you have said a lot more than the fact finding is not complete. And please consider dropping the passive aggressive sneering about how easy this is for you to understand and apparently beyond others. The converse is more likely true here.
    I don’t owe you anything. This has been my position. Some of you have chosen to ignore it to conflate it to a different type of debate about the character of Staley. Something I wasn’t arguing.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    I don’t owe you anything. This has been my position. Some of you have chosen to ignore it to conflate it to a different type of debate about the character of Staley. Something I wasn’t arguing.
    I'm pretty certain at this point that you don't know what you're arguing. Have a good day.

vCash
    I'm pretty certain at this point that you don't know what you're arguing. Have a good day.
    I’m arguing that Missouri hasn’t offered undeniable proof of spitting and racial slurs. Been my position the whole time. Both parties have messed up. The Mizzou AD should have never made public statements with Staley’s name. That’s been it. The counter arguments have been “yeah well she has a foul mouth.” Ok cool. That wasn’t the argument.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    The Missouri AD had an opinion and expressed it. You have already made up your mind that he was in error. He was there and you were not. You do the math.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.
    Actually people griped about Cohen's cussing all the time.

vCash
    The Missouri AD had an opinion and expressed it. You have already made up your mind that he was in error. He was there and you were not. You do the math.
    He was in error to state it publicly without undeniable proof. The SEC has already fined him for it.

He was in error. It’s ok.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Actually people griped about Cohen's cussing all the time.
    I will give you this. This is absolutely true.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Once again, you are assuming the Missouri AD (and coach and radio guy etc) are lying. If the AD isn't lying, he needs no proof because he witnessed the behavior himself. He obviously considers Staley a part of the problem. As for the SEC being the decider of fact, it is more the case that they would rather not have dirty linen aired, period. The AD is looking out for his players and thinks Staley has helped create an environment that could make them targets. You really aren't in much of position to disagree with him, but I'm sure it won't stop you.

vCash
    Once again, you are assuming the Missouri AD (and coach and radio guy etc) are lying. If the AD isn't lying, he needs no proof because he witnessed the behavior himself. He obviously considers Staley a part of the problem. As for the SEC being the decider of fact, it is more the case that they would rather not have dirty linen aired, period. The AD is looking out for his players and thinks Staley has helped create an environment that could make them targets. You really aren't in much of position to disagree with him, but I'm sure it won't stop you.
    Why do you keep coming back to this?

It ultimately doesn't affect MSU sports, and I am not going to keep letting it affect me.

Have a good one. We can agree to disagree on this topic.

Hail State

edit: tried to send that to you in a PM. You might want to clear some of your old messages.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Thanks... I agree that this really isn't worth arguing about as we have. ...been wondering why I haven't been able to get messages.

Banned
    vCash
    South Carolina governor weighs in

https://twitter.com/henrymcmaster/st...58726419615744

vCash
    I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.
    I know that several people talked to one of the coaches listed above about his language on and off the 'field'.

vCash
    I would like to know the FACTS as to why this Coach was assigned a secruity guard while she was in the Hump, at our last game.

vCash
    He says she's a "Gold Medal role model for their daughters"? My goodness ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He says she's a "Gold Medal role model for their daughters"? My goodness ....