Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    Saban Mullen etc are irrelevant to this topic, don't you think?
    Nope and the fact that you can’t see it.. well
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    This is what's driving me crazy about this with some of you. Nobody here is arguing that Staley is a saint. We all agree that she has a foul mouth. That she comes across as brash and inconsiderate.. nobody is arguing about that at all.. hell, I wouldn't want to be around her

What I am personally arguing is that all of this about her does not lead to the logical conclusion that her behavior promoted "that kind of atmosphere" when "that kind of atmosphere" of spitting on players and yelling racial slurs hasn't even been proven to have taken place.. That's the crux of the argument, and some of you can't seem to wrap your heads around it.

Staley doesn't want money. She wants an apology. Something that should have happened after the statements by the Mizzou AD came back as questionable at best and completely false at worst about spitting and racial slurs and then throwing Staley's name in with it.

So yeah, she yells, she curses, but that doesn't make her guilty of promoting an atmosphere of spitting and racial slurs directed at opposing student-athletes (especially when that can't even be proven)
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Oh man you got us Liverpool Sherlock Holmes. You have sniffed out some Gamecock fans on here. Beardo, mstatefan91 and myself have been scheming in PMs on how Lady Gamecocks basketball can get a competitive edge over MSU. We've been busted!! Damn you're one clever tart
    No, I just pointed out that you aren't as cool and hip as you think you are. Surely to goodness you don't actually even sympathize with Staley ( no question marks, statement). If you are old enough did you sympathize with Joe B. Hall when he came to the Hump? That big red headed guy that used to sit behind the Kentucky bench back then that always gave Joe B hell would have beat your A$$ if you had. Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though. You obviously aren't a South Carolina fan. What exactly DOES that make you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    No, I just pointed out that you aren't as cool and hip as you think you are. Surely to goodness you don't actually even sympathize with Staley ( no question marks, statement). If you are old enough did you sympathize with Joe B. Hall when he came to the Hump? That big red headed guy that used to sit behind the Kentucky bench back then that always gave Joe B hell would have beat your A$$ if you had. Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though. You obviously aren't a South Carolina fan. What exactly DOES that make you?
    Ahh ok, I've messed up. This is purely emotional for you guys... peace
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Interesting that you are defending our biggest rival in the sport while I'm attacking her though.
    Our biggest rival is UConn now baw keep up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post

statements by the Mizzou AD came back as questionable at best

Multiple people have backed up what the AD said. I don't know why you have made up your mind that he should apologize.

vCash
    Multiple people have backed up what the AD said. I don't know why you have made up your mind that he should apologize.
    Who? Serious? I haven’t seen anyone outside of Mizzou athletics. Now the same could be said in the opposite. But seriously, who? Give me a link
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I'm sure you can google up your own links.... Do you think everyone connected with Missouri athletics is lying by default? I guess what I don't get is why you trust one side's version but not the other side's. And meanwhile you seem to think Saban, Mullen, Muschamp, and maybe Woody Hayes and Hirohito should be invoked in this discussion. Odd approach, I have to say.

vCash
    Anything said by Mizzou people should be dismissed. These are safe space, mentally ill, psycho-babble clowns

Seriously I work for a company 50 miles away and we have exactly zero Mizzou grads. Moreover, significant numbers of HS kids actually head to Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU because Mizzou is a joke

vCash
    This is a college game and a family atmosphere. She needs to grow up.. others are watching. She would not last at many colleges for sure including this one.

vCash
    Good for Staley. The burden of proof falls on the Missouri AD. He made the claims. So far there has been no proof that what he said took place, let alone that Staley promoted it.
    Nope. That's NOT how a civil suit works. Dawn filed the suit and it's up to her to prove she was damaged.

RR sued Dan Mullen and has to prove that Dan conspired to harm him.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Nope. That's NOT how a civil suit works. Dawn filed the suit and it's up to her to prove she was damaged.

The RR suit is going to be very Interesting... When you start depositions.... The truth which Om doesn't want to know will start coming to the fore front. The truth... Will be spilling out of Oxford....

vCash
    He said she promoted that kind of atmosphere. Fun fact, encouraging is a synonym of promoting. The more you know..

Now I’m done
    Did you read the articles? If not, you need to do so. She made a lot of statements prior to and after that loss that wouldn't do anything productive except get her team and fanbase pissed off. In other words, she furthered the cause of, supported, or actively encouraged the atmosphere that led to the situation in the second game.

SHE acted unprofessionally, SHE said things about Mizzou's players, SHE made claims about the referees both being out to get SC's program and being terrible. And more than one person was quoted as saying the slurs occurred.

This suit isn't going anywhere - hell a 10 minute search gave me enough ammo to get it thrown out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Did you read the articles? If not, you need to do so. She made a lot of statements prior to and after that loss that wouldn't do anything productive except get her team and fanbase pissed off. In other words, she furthered the cause of, supported, or actively encouraged the atmosphere that led to the situation in the second game.

SHE acted unprofessionally, SHE said things about Mizzou's players, SHE made claims about the referees both being out to get SC's program and being terrible. And more than one person was quoted as saying the slurs occurred.

This suit isn't going anywhere - hell a 10 minute search gave me enough ammo to get it thrown out.
    An old fashioned bar of lye soap might help her fouled mouth. Or at least I would hope so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

Wasn’t talking about the suit that point. That’s my mistake. Yes the burden of proof falls on Staley for the suit.

What I was talking about is the burden of proof falls on the Mizzou AD for the statements he made which included Staley and is why the SEC has largely fallen on the side of Staley in this.

They’re both at fault for it escalating. The lawsuit won’t go anywhere. This ends with an apology from the AD is my guess.
    Last edited by mstatefan91; 02-24-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    An old fashioned bar of lye soap might help her fouled mouth. Or at least I would hope so.
    I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I don't see anyone making comments like this towards Nick Saban or John Cohen when he was our baseball coach. No y'all want Staley to act like a lady while she's coaching a basketball game but how come you don't want men acting like they are at Sunday Church while they are coaching a basketball game too? These are the types of walls that need to be torn down in 2018 for us to live in an equal world.
    I have never seen a coach of any gender be as foul-mouthed as Staley from the bench, front and center, on camera. It would not surprise me in the least if USCe fans took that as a cue to engage in their own objectionable language.

vCash
    Wasn’t talking about the suit that point. That’s my mistake. Yes the burden of proof falls on Staley for the suit.

What I was talking about is the burden of proof falls on the Mizzou AD for the statements he made which included Staley and is why the SEC has largely fallen on the side of Staley in this.

They’re both at fault for it escalating. The lawsuit won’t go anywhere. This ends with an apology from the AD is my guess.
    So you think the Missouri AD, who was there, the Missouri coach, the Missouri radio guy, an ex-player....all are lying, that they made this up just to target poor Dawn Staley?

vCash
    So you think the Missouri AD, who was there, the Missouri coach, the Missouri radio guy, an ex-player....all are lying, that they made this up just to target poor Dawn Staley?
    I’m saying it isn’t enough and it all comes from one side. I would expect our coaches and radio guys to back up Cohen if he made the mistake of issuing public statements like this.

And nobody called her poor Staley. I don’t care for her. Everybody is making this personal.
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    I have never seen a coach of any gender be as foul-mouthed as Staley from the bench, front and center, on camera. It would not surprise me in the least if USCe fans took that as a cue to engage in their own objectionable language.
    Than you haven't watched any other sport besides women's basketball. I'd link you a Bobby Knight audio but it's too NSFW language for this board.