Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Staley promoted unhealthy atmosphere

Banned
    vCash
    I think his claims are total bullshit and Missouri needs to suffer severe penalties for it. Staley is coaching her team not encouraging fans to throw out racial slurs and spit on Missouri's players. That is ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    That says more about you than it does the other people in this thread. She is the coach of one of the main rivals for honors of the best team we have ever fielded in any sport. People are passionate about it. It's only natural that MSU people don't like her. It would be the same no matter what or who she is.
    Disliking her because she beat us in the SEC Championship, SEC tournament Title, and National Title is one thing... agreeing with a Missouri AD based on these feelings is completely different. It is irresponsible, short sighted, and petty.

This is what you and a few others don't seem to get.. Nobody is saying that we have to absolutely love Dawn Staley.. Nobody is saying that we have to throw a party in her honor. All we are saying is that the claims need to be proven before her name is smeared..

Come on
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    In their defense, the times I?ve seen Staley on sidelines, this isn?t a shocking accusation. I?ll stop there but every, let me repeat, every time I?ve viewed a small portion of their games her actions do not cause me to think these accusations are very far fetched.
    So you're saying that you've witnessed her direct fans as to what to say and do during a game? I've seen her get hot, cuss, and talk to her team/coaches. I've never seen her go up into the stands and converse with game attendees..

Waiting on the footage
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Disliking her because she beat us in the SEC Championship, SEC tournament Title, and National Title is one thing... agreeing with a Missouri AD based on these feelings is completely different. It is irresponsible, short sighted, and petty.

This is what you and a few others don't seem to get.. Nobody is saying that we have to absolutely love Dawn Staley.. Nobody is saying that we have to throw a party in her honor. All we are saying is that the claims need to be proven before her name is smeared..

Come on
    I like her about as much as I like Hugh Freeze and Matt Luke. I get what you are saying. I also get what the others here are saying. I don?t think the Missouri AD ever said she told people to use racial slurs. He said she promoted an unhealthy atmosphere at their game. There WAS a lot of bad blood after Missouri beat them at Missouri and it certainly carried over to the next game. Staley DOES act in ways on the bench that tend to inflame crowds, both home and away. She, as has been pointed out here, is far from alone among coaches when it comes to that. To Staley I would say grow up. To the Missouri AD I would say Welcome to the SEC. That may have been the first time since they joined the conference that they actually got a REAL taste of what a rivalry in the SEC looks like. Missouri is still an afterthought to nearly everybody in the SEC. With A&M they felt like a conference game from the beginning. Missouri still feels like stepping out of conference. Mizzou May see a lot more of what they saw in South Carolina if that ever changes.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 02-23-2018 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    I think his claims are total bullshit and Missouri needs to suffer severe penalties for it. Staley is coaching her team not encouraging fans to throw out racial slurs and spit on Missouri's players. That is ridiculous.
    I'm not surprised that this is your take.

The guy is a sitting AD in the SEC, not some fan boy. He said what he said to protect his players. Something happened that night and he is getting it addressed. Calling out Staley for it is interesting, but nobody here knows all the facts. If Cohen had done it we would all be rallying behind him.

Staley filing a lawsuit confirms that there's something to it in my opinion. We talk about Missouri being the campus for snowflakes but this is the snowflakiest lawsuit I've seen in a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I like her about as much as I like Hugh Freeze and Matt Luke. I get what you are saying. I also get what the others here are saying. I don?t think the Missouri AD ever said she told people to use racial slurs. He said she promoted an unhealthy atmosphere at their game. There WAS a lot of bad blood after Missouri beat them at Missouri and it certainly carried over to the next game. Staley DOES act in ways on the bench that tend to inflame crowds, both home and away. She, as has been pointed out here, is far from alone among coaches when it comes to that. To Staley I would say grow up. To the Missouri AD I would say Welcome to the SEC. That may have been the first time since they joined the conference that they actually got a REAL taste of what a rivalry in the SEC looks like. Missouri is still an afterthought to nearly everybody in the SEC. With A&M they felt like a conference game from the beginning. Missouri still feels like stepping out of conference. Mizzou May see a lot more of what they saw in South Carolina if that ever changes.
    If the Mizzou AD had that concern he could have addressed it privately. She?s one person, he has a certain level of access to her because of his position, be an adult and talk to HER. By going public, he?s blowing this out of proportion, and being blatantly disrespectful.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    I'm not surprised that this is your take.
    Because you hate Tebow.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 02-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.

vCash
    this lawsuit is ridiculous and will likely be treated as so
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    If every single thing about this situation was the same except instead of Staley being the coach involved it was Matt insell, not a single person would be coming to his defense...

vCash
    The SEC commish looks bad on this deal. He called them all in and now she's going to sue? You don't air this stuff in public. Both sides are wrong and Sanky better reel it in.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    So you're saying that you've witnessed her direct fans as to what to say and do during a game? I've seen her get hot, cuss, and talk to her team/coaches. I've never seen her go up into the stands and converse with game attendees..

Waiting on the footage
    I?m saying her demeanor and attitude aren?t hard to miss unless you are blind. Calling a spade a spade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I?m saying her demeanor and attitude aren?t hard to miss unless you are blind. Calling a spade a spade.
    Didn't say they were hard to miss. It's one thing to call out her demeanor and attitude. It's another to say she is encouraging bad fan behavior, such as spitting and racial slurs, which hasn't even been shown to have taken place.

That's what this is about. I don't know why it's so hard to understand..
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The SEC commish looks bad on this deal. He called them all in and now she's going to sue?.
    Sounds like Staley didnt like what Sankey had to say
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sounds like she wanted a public apology and is trying to force it through this lawsuit.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    This is one of those lawsuits filed by someone who never wants it to see the inside of a courtroom. It borders on abuse of the legal system.

vCash
    This sounds a little hugh freezish to me...she dang sure doesnt mind all the attention when she's dressed up for the super bowl and runnin down the hallway of a hotel, she also doesn't mind doing interviews and whining about the play and atmosphere at mizzou, which is what started all this, but when someone states that her demeanor promotes the SAME demeanor in fans she's gonna sue??? Gimme a break. If you willingly thrust yourself out there constantly then be prepared for backlash. This is an intimidation attempt to control the message in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    This sounds a little hugh freezish to me...she dang sure doesnt mind all the attention when she's dressed up for the super bowl and runnin down the hallway of a hotel, she also doesn't mind doing interviews and whining about the play and atmosphere at mizzou, which is what started all this, but when someone states that her demeanor promotes the SAME demeanor in fans she's gonna sue??? Gimme a break. If you willingly thrust yourself out there constantly then be prepared for backlash. This is an intimidation attempt to control the message in the future.
    Bingo!

vCash
    Then she will end up regretting it. And Sanky better start getting some control or he'll be in trouble.

vCash
    Maybe he suggested she should improve her public image and actions.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Didn't say they were hard to miss. It's one thing to call out her demeanor and attitude. It's another to say she is encouraging bad fan behavior, such as spitting and racial slurs, which hasn't even been shown to have taken place.

That's what this is about. I don't know why it's so hard to understand..
    Didn?t want to go here because it should be easy to see but I?ll explain for you.

Her attitude is quite clearly militant. Persons exhibiting militant attitudes and demeanors do not portray a great atmosphere, by simple default, especially a public figure.