Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Pearl and Auburn...

Banned
    vCash

Bruce Pearl and Auburn...

are running roughshod through the SEC right now. Destroying LSU right now 56-34. This is Pearl's 4th year at Auburn. Here's his record his first 3 seasons there.

2014-15 Auburn 15-20 4-14 13th
    2015-16 Auburn 11-20 5-13 13th
    2016-17 Auburn 18-14 7-11 11th
    2017-18 Auburn 18-2 6-1

Here's Howland's

2015-16 Mississippi State 14-17 7-11 11th
    2016-17 Mississippi State 16-16 6-12 12th
    2017-18 Mississippi State 14-6 2-5

Quit crying Stansbury crybabies

vCash
    I thought AU fans were nuts when they were wanting Pearl gone SMH. He's a good coach.

Banned
    vCash
    Auburn is doing this with two starters suspended indefinitely in Wiley and Purifoy. Neither player has played all year. Interesting to note despite this Auburn has had 15 guys log minutes for them. That means Pearl has a shitload of walk-ons on his SEC leading squad. Hmm what's good for the goose and all

vCash
    Let's not forget this other current example:

Frank Martin
    2012-13 South Carolina 14-18 4-14 T-12th
    2013-14 South Carolina 14-20 5-13 13th
    2014-15 South Carolina 17-16 6-12 T-11th
    2015-16 South Carolina 25-9 11-7 T-3rd NIT Second Round
    2016-17 South Carolina 26-11 12-6 T-3rd NCAA Final Four
    2017-18 South Carolina 13-8 4-4

And while his records were admittedly better than Howland's, it took Mike Anderson until 3 years to get to the NIT and the 4th year to play in the NCAA Tournament at Arkansas.

vCash
    And we've been close against a lot of these teams that are very good. Bama just beat #12 OU; we had a big lead against AU; etc. This is a young team that just can't finish yet. I think we'll be happy if we just support this team (and show up to the dang games -- Auburn Arena was full even though they were awful to begin under Pearl).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    And we've been close against a lot of these teams that are very good. Bama just beat #12 OU; we had a big lead against AU; etc. This is a young team that just can't finish yet. I think we'll be happy if we just support this team (and show up to the dang games -- Auburn Arena was full even though they were awful to begin under Pearl).
    Our fan support is pathetic. I do not make nearly the amount of games I should.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Auburn is doing this with two starters suspended indefinitely in Wiley and Purifoy. Neither player has played all year. Interesting to note despite this Auburn has had 15 guys log minutes for them. That means Pearl has a shitload of walk-ons on his SEC leading squad. Hmm what's good for the goose and all
    What has happened with the in-house investigation that they were having and Pearl was refusing to cooperate? They even offered to refund season ticket $ due to this mess with Chuck Person. Has winning big caused this to be forgotten and Pearl is OK guy?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our fan support is pathetic. I do not make nearly the amount of games I should.
    I think our fans resemble our on court play most of this season. We Show up about half of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I think our fans resemble our on court play most of this season. We Show up about half of the time.
    Yep

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Has winning big caused this to be forgotten and Pearl is OK guy?
    I believe this is exactly what's taking place. All is forgiven and forgotten on the plains while they are winning big. This is the same school that hypes a bought Cam Newton Natty after all.

vCash
    And they are under investigation.

vCash
    I believe this is exactly what's taking place. All is forgiven and forgotten on the plains while they are winning big. This is the same school that hypes a bought Cam Newton Natty after all.
    In sports, winning cures everything.

Banned
    vCash
    What has happened with the in-house investigation that they were having and Pearl was refusing to cooperate? They even offered to refund season ticket $ due to this mess with Chuck Person. Has winning big caused this to be forgotten and Pearl is OK guy?
    It's awbarn....

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    That lack of an inside presence is going to be their death once tourney time gets here. They won't make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney.
    No Signature

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    That lack of an inside presence is going to be their death once tourney time gets here. They won't make it past the 2nd round of the NCAA Tourney.
    I can't name one team I'm confident will put Auburn out right now. They play too fast, are too deep and shoot the 3 too well to be a 2nd round sucker. Pearl can coach too his teams don't lack motivation.

vCash
    I can't name one team I'm confident will put Auburn out right now. They play too fast, are too deep and shoot the 3 too well to be a 2nd round sucker. Pearl can coach too his teams don't lack motivation.
    They would not meet 2nd round, but Virginia would give auburn fits

vCash
    Good example. However, to be fair Virginia would give anyone fit. Bennett does a great job getting the guys to buy into his style of play.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Good example. However, to be fair Virginia would give anyone fit. Bennett does a great job getting the guys to buy into his style of play.
    Both teams look to be headed for 1 or 2 seeds so it'd make for an interesting elite8 or further matchup if they do meet. Maybe Auburn will meet Stephen F. Austin in the 2nd round though and we can root for that upset. That'd be a phenomenal matchup. SFA is gonna **** somebody up in the tournament.

vCash
    Winning, and winning big cures everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Winning, and winning big cures everything.
    Pearl is just so slimy!!! He?s the bbq version of hugh freeze