Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Cooking/Grilling Tips that You Use

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I’ve gone to baking steaks....a little olive oils and season up. Place on a cooling grate on a deep foil lined pan (no clean up) and get to room temp. I cook to internal 128. A good size strip (about inch and half thick) is good at about 36 mins at 250. I flip at 18 mins. Melt a little butter and spoon on as soon as they come out. At this point i have my egg cranked to 650-700 and ready to sear. Drop butter side down and baste top with butter. Flip every 20-25 secs until you have flipped where you have the cross hatch look. So each side on the grates twice.

What this does is cooks evenly all the way thru and you also get the crust from grilling. When plated the steak is hot, flavorful and super juicy. Also what I’ve found, for me, i can get fueled up without dealing with a bunch of steaks on the grill and trying to make sure they are right. I’m only grilling for about a minute and a half.

vCash
    Bolner's Fiesta spices, esp their Texas Style Steak seasoning, and Hi Mountain Seasonings, esp their Alaskan Salmon seasoning: Get some good peppercorns, green, white, and black and always grind them as used: garlic salt.

vCash

Venison steak and eggs

I Always grill or cast iron skillet/oven a little extra venison strap. Next morning, slice that med rare strap very thin. Soften some onions in a skillet (bacon grease if you have some) and toss in the meat and a little ELY?s seasoning for minute or two. Put it over 2 fresh eggs cooked however you prefer.

Not as elaborate as some of the ideas on here but I love to find new ways to cook venison. Hope the CWD doesn?t change this

vCash
    Y'all are waaaay outta my league...

My Steak Recipe:

1) Buy a kickass cut from the Butcher Shop.
    2) Put it on a plate.
    3) Enjoy.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17