Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Could stansbury be back in sec at aTm?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yep, even I knew that. I guess 61 didn't.
    I'm aware of it and I'm saying get rid of waiting 5-10 minutes before letting people sit anywhere they want. Buy a ticket sit wherever you like before tip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Coaches have perceptions too Todd. Tell me about what MCKeen had done in the 3-4 years prior to that season.
    Decline. 6-3, 8-2, and 7-3. But each year his SEC record was no better than 5th and he was essentially at .500 in SEC play during that span. Sort of like your boy Dan- he beat up on OOC foes and didn't win the big SEC games.

This after going 10-0-1 and 9-1 with a SEC Championship.

The thing is there is perception and there is REALITY. The reality is we just hired one of the best offensive minds in the game and we are being praised for it while at the same time it is maybe starting to look like we are upping our game in recruiting which will make us a better program than we ever were under Dan and it doesn't appear as of now as if we have any sacred cows on the staff. If we do, most of them have been praised as being very bright coaches- like the new QB coach, Getsy, and Huff.

On top of that the reality is we turned down a coach in Jeremy Pruitt who wanted our job more badly than SEC blueblood Tennessee.

The other reality is coaches don't give a shit about what a school did to a coach 70 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Decline. 6-3, 8-2, and 7-3. But each year his SEC record was no better than 5th and he was essentially at .500 in SEC play during that span. Sort of like your boy Dan- he beat up on OOC foes and didn't win the big SEC games.

This after going 10-0-1 and 9-1 with a SEC Championship.

The thing is there is perception and there is REALITY. The reality is we just hired one of the best offensive minds in the game and we are being praised for it while at the same time it is maybe starting to look like we are upping our game in recruiting which will make us a better program than we ever were under Dan and it doesn't appear as of now as if we have any sacred cows on the staff. If we do, most of them have been praised as being very bright coaches- like the new QB coach, Getsy, and Huff.

On top of that the reality is we turned down a coach in Jeremy Pruitt who wanted our job more badly than SEC blueblood Tennessee.

The other reality is coaches don't give a shit about what a school did to a coach 70 years ago.
    And how did we do in the decades after him Todd?? Reality is I?m as excited about Moorhead as you are. The fact is he ain?t done it in the SEC yet.