Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: By this time next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Sorry, I left off the **** at the end of the sentence. Was pure sarcasm, no offense toward a great player like Westbrook.
    All is forgiven. Go my son spread the word of the GoatBrook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.
    We are running the 1A/1B substitution pattern we tried in football a few seasons ago, didn't work there either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yep. Like a young team without a true leader. Peters is your best bet. But he has to totally buy in on and off the court. Decision making in life will reflect decision making on the court. He?s close.
    Once again I really hope you?re right. I want Howland and this team to succeed but we got work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    So what were your expectations tonight?
    I expect a well coached team that shows fire, has a plan, actually coaches his team and puts them in the best position to win by his own actions and decision making. But we haven?t had those things for quite a while. Win or lose outcome is irrelevant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.
    Totally agree with what you say! We haven?t bal screened all year!! Ha Unlike other teams, our guys have to play hard up till the 10 minute mark to keep us in a game. Then they are gassed so we sub for 5 minutes and the better team takes advantage. We ar weak in the post, no movement on offense and then we pray for the 3. The one constant I love is when we play hard d we are freaking awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Ummm ...no! Ado will never be a force down low. He?s an average center and that?s about it.
    Offensively? True, he will be average to little above average. Defensively? He will be top 3 in the league.

Bottom line is we will make tourney next year if we keep improving at same rate.

vCash
    I expect a well coached team that shows fire, has a plan, actually coaches his team and puts them in the best position to win by his own actions and decision making. But we haven?t had those things for quite a while. Win or lose outcome is irrelevant.
    I honestly think that team tonight fought and believed in our game plan. Trust me I’m no Howland fan, especially with our O but the guys played hard, missed open shots, got no breaks with the calls and ended up getting beat cause they have th extra players to make a difference. We caught UK at the worst possible time and to me I was proud of them more tonight than any game this year. We have 2 guy maybe 3 that make there rotation.

vCash
    Hopefully next year both Ado and Holman have put on 10-20 LBS of muscle and someone teaches them how to use that extra build.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Ado is the best freshman big we?ve had in a decade. He is a freshman. Think about that. Y?all are expecting him to be Lawrence Roberts. Ado and Holman will be one of the best post combos in the league next year.
    Ado is a freshman with 18 month old strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-24-2018 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    You?ll all start to realize why Howland was forced out at UCLA and hopefully we?ll soon be in the market for someone who actually wants to coach. He plays the most non entertaining style of basketball ever. No fire, no leadership and to top it off, not winning. He?s the anti Vic.

If you actually think that we can fire Howland and then hire a better coach, then I might have some ocean front property in Colorado for sale. This team does not have that player leader that they need. A coach can not do that. That comes from within those players on the team. It seems like sometimes that a few players want to get away from the game plan, and do their own thing. Like taking contested 3 pointers. We looked a lot better with Peters starting, and if he continues to be more of a team player, distribute the ball, drive to the bucket and look for his outside shot then we should be OK. It just seems like there is still a little lack in team chemistry, but they do look like they are improving. Let's see how the season plays out before another the Sky is Falling episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Ado is a freshman with 18 minthnol strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.
    Said same thing about varnado, Rhodes, Austin, etc... when they were freshmen. Ado is ahead of all those guys as freshmen with his presence, defense, and rebounding. The question is, is there anybody on staff to develop him like Kirby did our bigs.

Y?all expected him to be Lawrence Roberts as a jr. Thats on y?all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He must tell most of our players that they are a young Russell Westbrook, just keep shooting 3's.

I think some of our players want to shoot the 3's as they think they are better 3 pt shooters than they actually are. I don't think Howland wants all those 3's taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Ado is a freshman with 18 minthnol strength in his hands. He had 3 gimme dunks last night and was blocked from behind on some weak attempts for the UK defender. He?s soft like most of our team and HC.

I saw Eric Dampier play, when he was a tall skinny looking kid for his height (didn't have the muscle or the weight he put on later), his freshman season at MSU, and he turned into a MAN. Not saying that Ado will be another Eric Dampier, but you just never know.

vCash
    Said same thing about varnado, Rhodes, Austin, etc... when they were freshmen. Ado is ahead of all those guys as freshmen with his presence, defense, and rebounding. The question is, is there anybody on staff to develop him like Kirby did our bigs.

Y?all expected him to be Lawrence Roberts as a jr. Thats on y?all.

You can add Eric Dampier. He was skinny for his height as a freshman at MSU, but man did he put on some muscle and weight, and become an elite college player. He was the 10th overall pick in the NBA draft.

vCash
    I think some of you are going to be surprised by our team over the next couple of weeks. We are improving and I think it will show up in our next few games and even into the end of the season. I believe we'll end up with 20 wins and a win or two in the SEC tournament and make the NIT.

vCash
    Shaka Smart... 42-40 ( in his third year)
    Bruce Pearl ... 44-54 ( after 3 years)
    Frank Martin ... 45-54 ( after 3 years)
    Tony Bennett ... 53-41 ( after 3 years ) his last year with Washington St he was 17-16

And just for the hell of it who I think is top 4 coach today Jay Wright ... 52-46 after 3 years at Villanova.

CBH is 44-39..

Hope this shows how ****ing ridiculous some of you are . Maybe Howland gets it done here, maybe he doesn’t .
    But it hasn’t even been 3 ****ing years yet... and he was handed the keys to a piece of shit program, worse than any of these coaches when they took over.

vCash
    Stick with golf as your sport.

vCash
    You?ll all start to realize why Howland was forced out at UCLA and hopefully we?ll soon be in the market for someone who actually wants to coach. He plays the most non entertaining style of basketball ever. No fire, no leadership and to top it off, not winning. He?s the anti Vic.

Enters Bill Walton who wanted to call the shots on the UCLA basketball program, but he couldn't when Howland was coach. So Walton publicly campaigned against Howland, and even used ESPN and other sources to do so.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-24-2018 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Shaka Smart... 42-40 ( in his third year)
    Bruce Pearl ... 44-54 ( after 3 years)
    Frank Martin ... 45-54 ( after 3 years)
    Tony Bennett ... 53-41 ( after 3 years ) his last year with Washington St he was 17-16

And just for the hell of it who I think is top 4 coach today Jay Wright ... 52-46 after 3 years at Villanova.

CBH is 44-39..

Hope this shows how ****ing ridiculous some of you are . Maybe Howland gets it done here, maybe he doesn’t .
    But it hasn’t even been 3 ****ing years yet... and he was handed the keys to a piece of shit program, worse than any of these coaches when they took over.
    Now don't go throwing facts into this...

vCash
    Bump.. I made a little mental note of this gem..
    stick to golf...