Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: By this time next year

vCash

By this time next year

You?ll all start to realize why Howland was forced out at UCLA and hopefully we?ll soon be in the market for someone who actually wants to coach. He plays the most non entertaining style of basketball ever. No fire, no leadership and to top it off, not winning. He?s the anti Vic.

vCash
    If you would have told me 4 years ago we would fire howland because he sucked I would have called you crazy. I agree with you now though

vCash
    Next year? Hell a lot of us here have already realized it.

vCash
    I?m afraid this is accurate. That sucks because I want Howland and this team to succeed. Oh well, we?ll see I guess.

vCash
    He must tell most of our players that they are a young Russell Westbrook, just keep shooting 3's.

vCash
    Y?all are going to look foolish this time next year. It?s starting to click.

vCash
    I?m gonna let the year play out first but it just doesn?t look like we are improving. Hard to watch. Maybe we?ll turn it around soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I?m gonna let the year play out first but it just doesn?t look like we are improving. Hard to watch. Maybe we?ll turn it around soon.
    I think we are getting better, but we are awful to watch.

vCash
    We are absolutely proving. The second half of the Bama game and first hall of ky was best 40 minutes in 5 years. If we shoot jusy 30% from three, which is still not good, we win tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Click for who? Are Ado and Holman suddenly going to lose their dusty muffins down low? Are we bringing in anyone that likes to battle down low? Are we bringing in a game changing shooter that can take over a game or get you a must have bucket when you need it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think we are getting better, but we are awful to watch.
    Our last 60 minutes have been great to watch. We are running sets, getting open looks. If we can manage to even be half way decent shooters we are going to be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Click for who? Are Ado and Holman suddenly going to lose their dusty muffins down low? Are we bringing in anyone that likes to battle down low? Are we bringing in a game changing shooter that can take over a game or get you a must have bucket when you need it?
    Ado is the best freshman big we?ve had in a decade. He is a freshman. Think about that. Y?all are expecting him to be Lawrence Roberts. Ado and Holman will be one of the best post combos in the league next year.

vCash
    I honestly hope you?re right. The problem I see is we look great for awhile and then every game we go 5-10 minutes looking totally inept. We are such an enigma right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    So what were your expectations tonight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    He must tell most of our players that they are a young Russell Westbrook, just keep shooting 3's.
    To compare anyone on our team to the defending MVP and 2nd player in history to average a triple double is insulting.

Westbrook plays with 10x more intensity and passion than anyone on our team thinks about playing with. You trippin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgcap View Post
    So what were your expectations tonight?
    Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    To compare anyone on our team to the defending MVP and 2nd player in history to average a triple double is insulting.

Westbrook plays with 10x more intensity and passion than anyone on our team thinks about playing with. You trippin
    Sorry, I left off the **** at the end of the sentence. Was pure sarcasm, no offense toward a great player like Westbrook.

vCash
    I honestly hope you?re right. The problem I see is we look great for awhile and then every game we go 5-10 minutes looking totally inept. We are such an enigma right now.
    Yep. Like a young team without a true leader. Peters is your best bet. But he has to totally buy in on and off the court. Decision making in life will reflect decision making on the court. He?s close.

vCash
    Ado is the best freshman big we?ve had in a decade. He is a freshman. Think about that. Y?all are expecting him to be Lawrence Roberts. Ado and Holman will be one of the best post combos in the league next year.
    Ummm ...no! Ado will never be a force down low. He?s an average center and that?s about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not golf, but I expect us to stop shooting 3s at such a high clip when we obviously cannot shoot. I expect us to not put in the up 30/down 30 lineup with a lead at the 12 min mark.
    Right on!