Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We started Peters and it was the best half of basketball all season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    but let?s not act like they are some NIT team.
    Unfortunately, neither are we.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Unfortunately, neither are we.
    We will be if we beat Mizzou, Georgia, Bama, @Vandy, OM, and home to SC- that would get us to 20 wins and should get our RPI high enough to get us in. Especially if we could add a Tourney win
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I won’t be arguing with you this morning 34, I didn’t watch. It’s not fun anymore. I watched the Predators, they ARE good. They lost too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We will be if we beat Mizzou, Georgia, Bama, @Vandy, OM, and home to SC- that would get us to 20 wins and should get our RPI high enough to get us in. Especially if we could add a Tourney win
    I agree. With this team, we should be able to make at least 20 wins. Gotta come out Saturday like we did against Vanderbilt. If we share the ball and don’t turn it over which we have shown in games we can do, we will beat all those teams you named plus maybe one or two you didn’t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I won’t be arguing with you this morning 34, I didn’t watch. It’s not fun anymore. I watched the Predators, they ARE good. They lost too.
    We played pretty well for 34 minutes. What ended up being our downfall though was Holman and Stapleton fouling out. Hard to win on the road when either Ado or Holman foul out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    But but but.

Exactly as I said, excuses. Im just burnt out with the whole program. Torch the barn and kill the rats. Get a guy whos piss is hot and not a guy who is still in shellshock from getting ran off at UCLA
    We just got done doing this 3 years ago and you?re already ready to do it again. Amazing perspective.

vCash
    The reason we played well in the first half was because they ran a man defense and Q could not be stopped driving to the rack. Ky made the correct move by going zone and stopping Q from penetrating. Why anyone plays anything but a zone against Us is mind boggling. We have no clue against a zone. Jack a 3 --that is it. Our Bigs are not good on offense. ado has problems getting his shot off. He is 6'10" and is weak. Maybe a ball fake would help Him?

vCash
    After looking at some of the stats, we really had no chance and played them close most of the game. You really have to be the aggressor and drive to the basket against Kentucky. We shot 55% from 2 yet went away from it. It wasn’t their zone. It was the fact we stopped trying to get it inside or even stopped looking for soft spots in their zone and taking 10-15 foot shots which we made quite regularly. They shot 30 freethrows to our 10 and I know everyone says it’s because they drove to the basket and were the aggressors but I call bullshit on that. Half of the fouls called were questionable IMO and they weren’t called for similar situations on the other end of the court against Ado, Q, and Nick W on their drives to the basket. Point being, you aren’t beating UK at Rupp when they shoot 20 more freethrows then you do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    The reason we played well in the first half was because they ran a man defense and Q could not be stopped driving to the rack. Ky made the correct move by going zone and stopping Q from penetrating. Why anyone plays anything but a zone against Us is mind boggling. We have no clue against a zone. Jack a 3 --that is it. Our Bigs are not good on offense. ado has problems getting his shot off. He is 6'10" and is weak. Maybe a ball fake would help Him?
    They played zone the whole second half and we penetrated it fine. Foul trouble got us and we panicked down the stretch once they made that final run at the end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post

THIS --- Seems like our players freak out when they see a zone defense. Then it seems we start playing unorganized basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Our program is a joke. That?s all that matters.
    It's not right to say that. And it's not accurate. So wrong on at least two levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    THIS --- Seems like our players freak out when they see a zone defense. Then it seems we start playing unorganized basketball.
    It?s not freak out. It?s lack of patience and maturity. We take the first halfway open 24 footer with which we are presented. We?ve been better last 3 games at this, but still not there.

vCash
    Couple of things:

1) Shooting is an art, yes you can improve but you either can or can't and a lot does depend on mechanics. We are not a good shooting team because they just aren't good shooters. From time to time they will be "streaky hot". Being last in 3 point shooting backs this up.

2) It's never about how you start in any sport but how you finish. Yes we are a good or decent 20 to 25 minute team, there are factors involved on why we aren't good or decent for 40 minutes which I will let you guys discuss over and over again.

3) As much as I would like to say it isn't so, the Sec is not nor has been a basketball conference, you take Kentucky out it goes from bad to a suck ass conference. Yes teams can make runs and win a National Championship ever blue moon, but overall it's a football/baseball driven conference. Always will be!

4) Yes for half decade or so we were a championship program with Babe, but only Ky, Vandy, Tn really cared about basketball during that time and only Ky has maintained the domination and always will. Not sure we will ever get to a final four again must less win the Sec, would have to be luck involved big time.

5) Not sure Howland is the answer, but I haven't a clue who could make Msu a good basketball program and say maintain it for even a decade, ain't gonna happen, never has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    They played zone the whole second half and we penetrated it fine. Foul trouble got us and we panicked down the stretch once they made that final run at the end.
    Damn I missed the part where we penetrated the zone fine. i saw us just jacking 3s. and if we did penetrate we threw it away or whiffed. that is not fine.

vCash
    Is Peters out of the doghouse now? We seem to be a lot better team with him running the point. We seem to really miss IJ's leadership on the floor and I am not sure we have anyone that will replace that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    It's not right to say that. And it's not accurate. So wrong on at least two levels.
    It's fact. Sorry, just how it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    But but but.

Exactly as I said, excuses. Im just burnt out with the whole program. Torch the barn and kill the rats. Get a guy whos piss is hot and not a guy who is still in shellshock from getting ran off at UCLA
    Can't we at least wait until a year where the team doesn't noticeably improve before giving up on Howland?

I mean, I'm disappointed that we're not good, but as long as we get better each year he's here (which we have so far), I think we can afford to give him a fourth and even fifth year, no?