Thread: Feldman Spewing Nonsense

vCash

Feldman Spewing Nonsense

According to this article, Bruce Feldman says that Ohio State OC Ryan Day ?turned down the head coaching job at Mississippi State.?
    I call bullshit. What say you?
    https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...sissippi-state

vCash
    I call bull! Coach Joe was a way better candidate. If the truth was know he probably contact Cohen and Cohen passed on him.

vCash
    Maybe he got us confused with Mississippi Valley State or something. Seems the norm for national media bags. Espn does it on a regular basis

vCash
    I call BS - nobody turns down a HC job at a good SEC school or an NFL OC job to be a NCAA OC........at least 99% of people wouldn't unless Meyer is secretly planning on retiring again and has named him the heir

vCash
    It's BS they just pumping up OSU. The media spends the majority of their time pumping the "blue bloods". It's them saying "hey look at this, OSU is such a great school, this guy turned down the NFL and a HC job in the SEC, OSU is awesome".

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Unless Feldman reports on Meat Markets or ole miss, I wouldn't pay attention.

vCash
    Reading those quotes, everyone uses the word "potentially". As in he turned down an opportunity to "potentially" be a HC in the SEC. Reads to me like he might have turned down an interview. Even if so, big deal.

vCash
    I imagine we reached out to him, but I doubt we offered him the job and he declined. So we probably reached out to him to see if he was interested and he said no. And I'm sure we did reach out to him. It's basically the same style offense we had so I wouldn't be surprised if we reached out to him to see if he was interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I imagine we reached out to him, but I doubt we offered him the job and he declined. So we probably reached out to him to see if he was interested and he said no. And I'm sure we did reach out to him. It's basically the same style offense we had so I wouldn't be surprised if we reached out to him to see if he was interested.
    This is probably the correct answer. You can't get the job if you decline to even interview. Unless Cohen is even sneakier than the Ninja, no one even mentioned this guy's name as a candidate whereas Coach JoeMo was all over the rumor mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    This is probably the correct answer. You can't get the job if you decline to even interview. Unless Cohen is even sneakier than the Ninja, no one even mentioned this guy's name as a candidate whereas Coach JoeMo was all over the rumor mill.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Feldman is OM friendly. He does this stuff a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Feldman is OM friendly. He does this stuff a lot.
    Yep, and he'll be the first pos to start putting Joe's name out there as looking around too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Yep, and he'll be the first pos to start putting Joe's name out there as looking around too.
    Might as well get ready because if Joe does as well as we expect then his name will be everywhere they can pimp him for it. I just hope he squashes the rumors unlike our last guy.

vCash
    And even if it was true, so what? Who cares?

vCash
    Coaches and their agents hold all the cards in these situations. They can can exaggerate the truth about being offered jobs to raise their stock and turn it into raises. They can also just say they turned down a job when they weren't picked to save face. Schools aren't going to bother calling anyone out because it's only going to make them look petty.

vCash
    I say BS.. Isn't one of Feldman's sources, footballscoop?