Thread: For you youngsters who never saw the Dick ?Shafter? Pace...

vCash

For you youngsters who never saw the Dick ?Shafter? Pace...

interference call, here it is. This call was one of THE reasons the college interference rule was changed. I was sitting about 10 rows up right above the play. What you see here was the closest the two players got to each other.

https://youtu.be/DocxZM1lQEg

vCash
    Worst call I've ever seen in 48 years of football fandom.....The NFL needs to change their rule too. PI is way too much of a judgement call for it to be a spot foul...

vCash
    Still hate Fourcade

vCash
    Game should have NEVER been that close. That loss plus the wind blown kick loss are both on Coach B. Stopping unmolested drives to kick fg’s as opposed to going for the TD. Short kicks, prevent defenses, going conservative on offense (Hmmmmmm). In short putting the game in the hands of weather or refs not cool...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Still hate Fourcade
    Kinda wish RF would just threw his shoulder into him after the play.

vCash
    saw it live, don't want to relive it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    saw it live, don't want to relive it.
    I was there also. Seeing it live was bad enough. Also seeing Artie Cosby's field goal attempt blown back that stormy day was surreal. One of the best things that ever happened to MSU football was moving the games back to campus instead of going to Jackson Memorial Stadium! I even attended double headers with State in one game and UNM in another game the same day. My favorite teams were State and whoever was playing UNM. Still my favorite two today!

vCash
    I was there as well. Just pathetic by that, turd, dick pace. Oughta be an asterisk by that game.

vCash
    Most blatant example of cheating I've ever seen
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    How many refs do you remember by name 30 years later, or whatever it is? Dick Pace. That was the most blatant worst call I have ever seen. The student section was down in that corner back then. Happened right in front of us. I can still feel it today - it was THAT bad. Made worse by the fact it was a game-clinching interception, then double worse by having to watch Fourcade prance into the end zone. Surprised Pace made it out alive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by K9 Avenger View Post
    Worst call I've ever seen in 48 years of football fandom.....The NFL needs to change their rule too. PI is way too much of a judgement call for it to be a spot foul...
    Was there. The next insult from the douchebags was when their cheerleaders re-enacted Fourcade’s TD on our court at first UNM-MSU b-ball game. That and the near fights I had after that game taught me to despise those ****ers.