Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mason decommits and commits to UPig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    This thread is going around the world... reminds me of losing Paul gainer thread
    See my post about our insufferable asshole OL coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I concur and I?m not drunk lol
    so, what you are suggesting is that when I'm at ~0.235 BAC, we are in congruence?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Anybody who thinks of roster has the talent our roster has does not understand football. Don?t take my word for it, look at nfl projections the next two years. Yet, according to recruiting rankings, they have signed more talent than us the last 5 years.

Also, tusk chart above proves my point. We have the same amount of sec wins and more overall wins despite much lower rankings. The truth is, they have not outrecruited us like so many people on here claim.
    It's not that we "don't have talent". It's that we aren't MAXIMIZING what we could bring in. Just because we aren't devoid of talent doesn't mean that we can't or should do better. That's the thing that people miss in the big picture because we've never consistently won 6-8 games a year. If we simply bring in a few offensive linemen that actually qualify we actually probably jump up past Ole Miss in recruiting. And without cheating.

But like I said it's not about Ole Miss outrecruiting us although yeah they've gotten a few recruits that could have helped us and put us over the top. (And all Dan really had to do was send AJ Brown's Dad to some booster who could help him instead of telling him essentially "we don't do that go **** yourself" and then keep things a secret in Starkville- and if we can't keep things on the downlow in Starkville I don't where we could) It's about LSU coming in and Saahdiq Charles who started some as a true freshman for LSU. It's about Alabama coming in and getting Scott Lashley. It's about totally misevaluting Jaylen Smith and letting him go to Louisville where he is now a guy that just declared for the NFL draft and would have been our number one this year.

Do we have talent? Yes. But we only have enough to reach the arbitrary ceiling that a lot of our fans decided was OK for us because Tech and 10 sucked and they thought to themselves that they would kill to just go to a bowl every year. When the reality is we've not only reached that ceiling- we've gotten to a place where we can realisitically break through that traditional ceiling and go beyond it and the floor is becoming the old 8 win ceiling for us and going to NY6 bowls is a very realistic goal for us. Those of us that see the big picture- and there are many of us- understand that and just want MSU to take that "final step" to become the MSU football program that we only dreamed of because we're pretty close and it's now realistic. MSU really just needs the rest of the fanbase to understand that as well so that we can all push forward together rather than have a lot of our fans shoot down those that call out things that are actually holding the program back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    so, what you are suggesting is that when I'm at ~0.235 BAC, we are in congruence?
    Maybe it expands your mind to my level lol

vCash
    Maybe it expands your mind to my level lol
    Eh Kay,,,, ya had to go there, didn'tcha....?

I'm gonna mix another drink.... rat bastard.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    If that?s what you read you have a comprehension problem. Carry on.
    Ah I see you have forgotten about your Junction melt from last year. Good job. It is healthier to forget the melts and move on.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Here?s something else to think about.. Based on tusks chart we have almost identical records in sec and overall as AM who on paper supposedly has way more talent.
    Here?s the thing. We have done an above average job developing 3-4 star signees into 4-5 star players in the field. I don?t think anyone is arguing that we currently do not have talent. The argument is given our track record of developing our signees up a star or two on the actual field, the more and more 4-5 star heavy classes we sign, imagine our possibilities.

Other teams have recruiting right with Bama the last decade but they do not have the same end results. Because Saban has shown that he takes top talent and coaches them up even more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Here?s the thing. We have done an above average job developing 3-4 star signees into 4-5 star players in the field. I don?t think anyone is arguing that we currently do not have talent. The argument is given our track record of developing our signees up a star or two on the actual field, the more and more 4-5 star heavy classes we sign, imagine our possibilities.

Other teams have recruiting right with Bama the last decade but they do not have the same end results. Because Saban has shown that he takes top talent and coaches them up even more.
    100% agree we have done a great job developing players. To reach the next level though we need more sec ready players that can be developed to an even higher level.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-24-2018 at 09:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I doubt he plays RB. The #3 JUCO RB just committed to Arkansas and there are 4 RBs on the roster already. Need safeties a lot more.
    So what you are saying is Arkansas is lying to him.