Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason decommits and commits to UPig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Correct, it's really not a big deal in itself.

My bigger concern is that our new staff is losing recruiting battles to a below average program with a new staff
    He was going to Arky even if Mullen remained. I don't blame our coaches. You can't force kids to attend a school.

vCash
    I hope Bama offers him now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I want to be melting for no reason. Tell me some of our remaining targets we close with. Seems we are on the outside looking in on most, if not all
    This recruiting class is a win already. The all conference and nfl guys signed in December.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    This recruiting class is a win already. The all conference and nfl guys signed in December.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And to everybody else, this:

vCash
    Someone should tell smart and urban that their work was already done at the early signing period. They have not let up once ounce. I know we are not programs on their level, and we never will be if we are satisfied with what we have

vCash
    Mother **** people
    Guidry , Whop, Heath
    That’s the 3 we HAD to have and we got them

I don’t give a **** what Mullen does . It’s ****ing Fla . He should get 4star players

vCash
    Some of y’all need to grow a pair, just saying.

vCash
    I'm not saying this kid is or isn't gonna be a great player but he's projected as a safety and we have as many safety's on our roster as TE's. Coaching staff may have decided we didn't need another safety and he may have, after his visit decided he didn't fit in our plans. Just a thought.

vCash
    I hope Bama offers him now
    He was waiting on an Auburn, LSU, or Bama offer the entire year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Some of y’all need to grow a pair, just saying.
    Whatever. If it was OM that flipped mason, there would be total melt. Just bc it was ark, no concern.... we play ark every year too though. When is the last time ark flipped 2 of our guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    He was waiting on an Auburn, LSU, or Bama offer the entire year.
    From the time I saw this kid's commitment video, I felt something was off. Always felt like he loved the hype more than reality

vCash
    Someone should tell smart and urban that their work was already done at the early signing period. They have not let up once ounce. I know we are not programs on their level, and we never will be if we are satisfied with what we have
    So you?re wanting to close with a couple five stars like uga and Bama? With a new coaching staff?

We?re not closing with highly ranked guys. All of our highly ranked guys have signed. If y?all had expectations of some huge close with secret commits, that?s on y?all.

We?ll close with 3-4 3 star guys. I really don?t care if mason is one of them or not. Good luck to the kid.

vCash
    Pretty pathetic to be losing players to Arkansas.

That program & ours are not comparable currently.

Apparently you don't know the reason he chose ARK? Maybe you need to do a little research on that?

vCash
    So you?re wanting to close with a couple five stars like uga and Bama? With a new coaching staff?

We?re not closing with highly ranked guys. All of our highly ranked guys have signed. If y?all had expectations of some huge close with secret commits, that?s on y?all.

We?ll close with 3-4 3 star guys. I really don?t care if mason is one of them or not. Good luck to the kid.
    I wanted to close with winkel, Smith, Mason, Lovett, and McDowell.

Our class is down to 28th and dropping

vCash
    LOL........First the sky was falling on our coaching search, then on our 2018 class, then on the assistant coaching staff, and now back to the 2018 class. What is next? Some of y'all seem to love to complain.

vCash
    Whatever. If it was OM that flipped mason, there would be total melt. Just bc it was ark, no concern.... we play ark every year too though. When is the last time ark flipped 2 of our guys?

Apparently you don't know the reason he chose ARK, either?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    LOL........First the sky was falling on our coaching search, then on our 2018 class, then on the assistant coaching staff, and now back to the 2018 class. What is next? Some of y'all seem to love to complain.
    It's just the nature of this fan base. Missing one or two guys to a lower tier division rival is no concern on mine. The vast majority of those guys never pan out and never do anything against us.

If we finish 28th or 30th, I'm ok with that for this cycle. We got studs on offense at the skill positions ,the QB position, and a couple on the OL. If we can finish with a CB or 2, get another OL, then fill with the best available, we will finish Top 30. But what people don't realize in that is that we signed one of the most dangerous offensive groups in the conference. So we are going to be ok.

vCash
    Screw that kid and his coach. He put on a big production for his commit to us too. What a damn fool!
    I'm not worried about our recruiting right now. We've done all we can with this year and we're all over the guys for next year already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It's just the nature of this fan base. Missing one or two guys to a lower tier division rival is no concern on mine. The vast majority of those guys never pan out and never do anything against us.

If we finish 28th or 30th, I'm ok with that for this cycle. We got studs on offense at the skill positions ,the QB position, and a couple on the OL. If we can finish with a CB or 2, get another OL, then fill with the best available, we will finish Top 30. But what people don't realize in that is that we signed one of the most dangerous offensive groups in the conference. So we are going to be ok.
    THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

This is the right perspective. We filled absolutely essential needs in this class. As you said another OL or 2 and CB or 2 and its gravy.