Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason decommits and commits to UPig

Banned
    vCash
    We should never lose out in a recruit to Arky east of the Mississippi. I will say though that this new Arky staff is a better recruiting staff than Burt had but still.

vCash
    I get that we've been better than Arky lately but to act like we are just vastly superior in every way is a little far fetched. Morris is a good coach and the SEC West is going to be the best coached division in CFB outside of the Ogre. Moorhead is unproven but from all accounts and the team he has he should do very well. Arky has the same SEC money we do, good facilities and a passionate fanbase. They arent pond scum.

It does suck to lose the kid but I wish him well at Arkansas or wherever he goes. We will be ok, as its been said we can still close with an OL and a CB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgclub99 View Post
    We should never lose out in a recruit to Arky east of the Mississippi. I will say though that this new Arky staff is a better recruiting staff than Burt had but still.
    Why? To a 17 year old kid, who probably wanted his whole life to go to Alabama or Auburn, there isn’t one iota difference between State and Arkansas. It’s not like we lost him to UAB.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 01-22-2018 at 04:34 PM.

vCash
    The kid committed to play for Ron Cooper as his position coach. Let that sink in

Banned
    vCash
    The question now is does our staff have the ability to go pick off another schools commit that didn't sign early. We could use some counter punch right about now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Lets not act like Bielema drastically underachieved. I know you do not want to hear this but Arkansas is a very difficult job in the modern day landscape of college football. You have money, but not a lot of readily available talent. An SEC school that is comparable to this is Tennessee, but they have much more allure than Arkansas, and are located near many high talent areas.
    Players drafted in the last 10 years:

LSU 62
    Alabama 58
    Florida 56
    Georgia 52
    Arkansas 37

We don't have Alabama talent but he sure had a lot of talent to work with in 2014 and squandered it, he had one of the worst winning percentages in school history for a reason. We have the most players in the Super Bowl of any SEC team. Bielema was much worse than Nutt was. I guess I just don't see how having the most conference blowouts of any coach in Arkansas history in year 5 is close to getting it done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Players drafted in the last 10 years:

LSU 62
    Alabama 58
    Florida 56
    Georgia 52
    Arkansas 37

We don't have Alabama talent but he sure had a lot of talent to work with in 2014 and squandered it, he had one of the worst winning percentages in school history for a reason. We have the most players in the Super Bowl of any SEC team. Bielema was much worse than Nutt was. I guess I just don't see how having the most conference blowouts of any coach in Arkansas history in year 5 is close to getting it done.
    Those draft picks are heavily weighted towards 5+ years ago before the TCU went to the Big 12, & A&M & Mizzou went the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    The kid committed to play for Ron Cooper as his position coach. Let that sink in
    Probably 90% of the posters on this board don't remember Cooper when he coached for Sherrill as DC. Total disaster.

vCash
    It's amazing to me that no matter how much we win or lose our recruiting profile does not change.

College football is an odd animal

vCash
    Y'all think this is bad... just wait until Joe's name is mentioned in a coaching search by some lazy reporter who hasn't even done any research. That thread will be 10 pages long and the front page of the board will be about that.

vCash
    I just hope Cohen thought this "recruiting thing" through before making the hire & didn't out smart himself.

If Pruitt is sitting there with a top 10 roster in 3 years, I'm gonna throw up

Time will tell

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    We will continue to lose guys until we learn how to play the game better. Period. End of story.

Don?t expect us to crack the top 15-20 classes in the next few years until we learn the tricks of the trade. Six figure Jobs for parents is a good start and the method On and Bama use. Hard to prove anything with those tactics. Bottom line is we don?t have the alumnus wealth as other programs and we will fall further behind now that the ncaa has opened the flood gates. Maybe we will step up but I?ll wait to comment until after it starts to happen efficiently and in untraceable manners.

vCash
    My God... I’m just sorry I helped keep this stupid thread going. It’s like talking to an ignorant brick wall. Well I hope Cohen sees that Joe held onto Guidry, Heath, Whop & Murphy. What a bleak life you must lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    My God... I’m just sorry I helped keep this stupid thread going. It’s like talking to an ignorant brick wall. Well I hope Cohen sees that Joe held onto Guidry, Heath, Whop & Murphy. What a bleak life you must lead.
    Skittles and rainbows post

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I just hope Cohen thought this "recruiting thing" through before making the hire & didn't out smart himself.

If Pruitt is sitting there with a top 10 roster in 3 years, I'm gonna throw up

Time will tell
    Careful not to show your hand too early Shotgun. Pruitt gonna have a shitty offense every year with shitty QBs while Moorhead is top 20 every year.

vCash
    Maybe we should give this staff more than 2 months on the job and wait til after signing day before saying they can?t recruit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Careful not to show your hand too early Shotgun. Pruitt gonna have a shitty offense every year with shitty QBs while Moorhead is top 20 every year.
    Agree and that’s my hope. However, it’s hard to win anything of significance with 15-25 type talent.

I just hope that Pruitt stinks as bad as we think he will as a head coach.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Agree and that’s my hope. However, it’s hard to win anything of significance with 15-25 type talent.

I just hope that Pruitt stinks as bad as we think he will as a head coach.
    We play Tennessee once every 7 years. Who gives a shit about Pruitt. We need a great offensive coach here not a Saban wannabe minus the brilliant Saban mind. Pruitt is gonna have a meltdown. It's obvious that dude has a serious temper. Let Moorhead have a full year before you cast him to the permanent 15-25 mark in recruiting (which btw those rankings are total bullshit anyways with intent #1 on selling more subscriptions to the largest fanbases). I suggest you pick up another hobby besides college football during the off-season. There's literally unlimited options in this world.

vCash
    NM
    Last edited by msbulldog; 01-22-2018 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Looks like ark is getting both brule and foucha at safety also.