Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mason decommits and commits to UPig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I can tell you what kids I've been involved with basically say about State. They all like State, but it's the "boring" option. The parents like it because it's a "laid back" school and not a lot of trouble.
    The athletes and their parents mention the atmosphere at OM (fun and passionate). They mention how many wealthy people are at OM (right or wrong, folks consider that as far as opportunities in the future because of connections etc.). They also mention how so many people move back to OM later because it's a great place.
    Now, I've seen a million times how we all talk about "we recruit a certain kind of kid" and "if you're looking for fun, we don't need you" type stuff. That's the lack of passion. Hell, the only time I hear from the alumni assoc. or anyone with MSU is when they want me to buy more tickets. We're too damn passive. We don't want to make things better or make things happen. We want to sit back and then complain and dismiss kids for not wanting to come here. Go do something about it. Stop complaining because we aren't this or that and definitely stop having pride in being some type of "different" school when that's not what the kids want.
    Hell, our out of state recruiting of students is worse than our recruiting of athletes out of state. OM goes and gets those kids and gets their name out there.
    I don?t think the word ?passion? means what you think it means. You are not describing a lack of passion in your posts. So I can fully understand, please lists the reasons you believe OM fans, or any fans, are more passionate than State fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Great post.

Ole Miss is more committed than us and more cut throat. It’s as simple as that. MSU people are more realistic and rational but that’s not always a great thing. Particularly in recruiting.
    You?re conflating commitment with passion.

Also, if what OM and the network does in recruiting is your definition of ?commitment,? you can have that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I can tell you what kids I've been involved with basically say about State. They all like State, but it's the "boring" option. The parents like it because it's a "laid back" school and not a lot of trouble.
    The athletes and their parents mention the atmosphere at OM (fun and passionate). They mention how many wealthy people are at OM (right or wrong, folks consider that as far as opportunities in the future because of connections etc.). They also mention how so many people move back to OM later because it's a great place.
    Now, I've seen a million times how we all talk about "we recruit a certain kind of kid" and "if you're looking for fun, we don't need you" type stuff. That's the lack of passion. Hell, the only time I hear from the alumni assoc. or anyone with MSU is when they want me to buy more tickets. We're too damn passive. We don't want to make things better or make things happen. We want to sit back and then complain and dismiss kids for not wanting to come here. Go do something about it. Stop complaining because we aren't this or that and definitely stop having pride in being some type of "different" school when that's not what the kids want.
    Hell, our out of state recruiting of students is worse than our recruiting of athletes out of state. OM goes and gets those kids and gets their name out there.
    COME ON.... Don't confuse passion with morals. That is plain dumb. Also-- considering you have completely lost reality on the situation-- there is no way in hell I'm gonna let you dictate what pride I have in MSU. If you want to sit there and compare us to OM with every single waking breath that's your prerogative and loss honestly, but to help you out they aint filling up their stadium either and the passion they have is crazy and aint got shit to show for it except bow ties and cold chicken fingers.

I wonder why so many people retire in Oxford??? hmmm maybe because its a suburb of memphis? ya know.. A city with a population of 670K and the nearest cities to starkville that even compare are Jackson (2.5 hours and pop of 160k) and Birmingham (2.5 hours and 210k pop) This really isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Starkville is in the middle of Nowhere and what we've accomplished despite that speaks volume about our fanbase and ability to be a "different" yet still great. It's actually more impressive than OM if you have a brain. This doesnt mean that I am content with the status quo either which is how you will probably perceive it. Confucious pretty much nailed it btw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Sounds to me that our staff did not care if he moved on or not. Plus his chance of seeing the field at RB is better at ARkY right now.
    I doubt he plays RB. The #3 JUCO RB just committed to Arkansas and there are 4 RBs on the roster already. Need safeties a lot more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You?re conflating commitment with passion.

Also, if what OM and the network does in recruiting is your definition of ?commitment,? you can have that.
    I’m not saying we should do what they do, but they will likely always recruit better than us because they are willing to win at all cost.

I’m not making a judgement on what we should or shouldn’t do. Just stating the reality normally the most aggressive companies & people get the bacon.

vCash
    I’m not saying we should do what they do, but they will likely always recruit better than us because they are willing to win at all cost.

I’m not making a judgement on what we should or shouldn’t do. Just stating the reality normally the most aggressive companies & people get the bacon.
    Why do you think they have recruited better than us? Bc 247 tells you so on signing day.

We have a crap ton more talent on our roster than they do, no? And look at the nfl. We have one of the top 2-3 corners in the nfl, the best defensive tackle, a top 2-3 offensive guard, a top 10 qb, two stand out lb (although KJ is aging), etc... I?ll take our current roster and last 10 recruiting classes over theirs every day of the week and so would you. Yet we?ve ?outrecuited? then maybe twice in that time period.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Everybody should be blackout drunk in the Junction at 2am after a football game or you're a shitty fan!!!****
    If that?s what you read you have a comprehension problem. Carry on.

vCash

But that's it, they're not getting "the bacon" We have a better record than them and have consistently finished higher than them in the SEC over the last 9 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    But that's it, they're not getting "the bacon" We have a better record than them and have consistently finished higher than them in the SEC over the last 9 years.
    Not to mention signed better players, 247 ratings notwithstanding.

vCash
    Yep, exactly! Would anyone want to trade rosters with the bears? Hell no!

vCash
    PLEASE NO FACTS!!! It will ruin their perception and the narrative they choose to believe.

vCash
    Where are all these people moving back to oxford because it's such a great place? It's certainly not reflected in the numbers. Populations: Oxford=23,290, Starkville=25,570. Lafayette County=53,154, Oktibbeha County=49,800.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    I wonder why so many people retire in Oxford??? hmmm maybe because its a suburb of memphis? ya know.. A city with a population of 670K and the nearest cities to starkville that even compare are Jackson (2.5 hours and pop of 160k) and Birmingham (2.5 hours and 210k pop) This really isn't a hard concept to grasp.
    Oxford is 85 miles from Memphis, and while that maybe the closest large metro to Oxford, it's not a suburb.

vCash
    i live 20 mins from Oxford.... there is a lot of debt there and a lot of inventory in the housing market.....

vCash
    I think C34 put it most eloquently, oxford is grenada without the lake.

vCash
    Why do you think they have recruited better than us? Bc 247 tells you so on signing day.

We have a crap ton more talent on our roster than they do, no? And look at the nfl. We have one of the top 2-3 corners in the nfl, the best defensive tackle, a top 2-3 offensive guard, a top 10 qb, two stand out lb (although KJ is aging), etc... I?ll take our current roster and last 10 recruiting classes over theirs every day of the week and so would you. Yet we?ve ?outrecuited? then maybe twice in that time period.
    Who has won the Egg Bowl three out of the past four years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Who has won the Egg Bowl three out of the past four years?
    The talent disparity (between OM/MSU) over the last 3 years is pretty small... MSU does seem to do a little more with a little less, however...

(premature... still crunching...)
    Last edited by TUSK; 01-23-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Those 3 losses to unm were more a product of crappy coaching than them having more talent, imo. (That and a qb with a half turn off leg thanks to a cheap shot).

vCash
    Those 3 losses to unm were more a product of crappy coaching than them having more talent, imo. (That and a qb with a half turn off leg thanks to a cheap shot).
    Meh... they were more talented in 2014 and 2015 imo. Both teams had talent though for sure.

We were more talented this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    The talent disparity (between OM/MSU) over the last 3 years is pretty small... MSU does seem to do a little more with a little less, however...

(premature... still crunching...)
    MSU has been more talented on defense & in the running game & Ole Miss has been more explosive on offense.

Depending on the type of strengths needed to beat opponents, we both tended to have have success against different teams while accumulating similar records.