Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mason decommits and commits to UPig

vCash

Mason decommits and commits to UPig

That blows

vCash
    Pretty pathetic to be losing players to Arkansas.

That program & ours are not comparable currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Pretty pathetic to be losing players to Arkansas.

That program & ours are not comparable currently.
    Our staff does not appear to be doing well at all right now. Looks like another crash and burn at the end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our staff does not appear to be doing well at all right now. Looks like another crash and burn at the end
    Agree. I don't want to judge them based on how little of time they've been here, but he early results are sub-par.

FWIW, Arkansas' staff hasn't been there any longer & they are decimating our DB class

vCash
    Different staff, same story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Yup.

vCash
    Agree. I don't want to judge them based on how little of time they've been here, but he early results are sub-par.

FWIW, Arkansas' staff hasn't been there any longer & they are decimating our DB class
    Not to mention our dline. OM took one, and is poised to take another. Tenn could be taking winkel to add to carvin on oline. This class is taking a hit. Tenn could potentially take 2 more dB targets in Williams and smith

vCash
    Missing out on Mason is crashing and burning to the end? We have very little in the way of knowledgeable understanding of what crashing and burning is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Mullen has even added 2 4*. We have added no one losing others

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Missing out on Mason is crashing and burning to the end? We have very little in the way of knowledgeable understanding of what crashing and burning is.
    Who do we close with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It's not time to argue or degrades the kid's talent. Our coaches really wanted him & we had infinitely more to sell than Arkansas.

To lose this player may never win or lose us a game, but it is concerning when considering what the future recruiting ability of this staff may be.

vCash
    No need to freak out yet. Give them a full class before judging. Wait til Charles Huff gets a full year to develop relationships. And I might add that if Moorhead is having a tough time adjusting to recruiting in the south, he did a fine job with early signing day considering. And he'll get it right by next class.

vCash
    Does other programs besides UM do more hepping than us? We always seem to have players bought out from under us at the last minute. With the slight wrist slap that UM received open the flood gates for other programs like Ark? Before it seemed like UM, AU, and maybe UT were the main players in giving out the backpacks but now is it the wild wild west? Not saying we don't participate at all but ours seems very much confined to MSU towns. I doubt we ever get a big time player from Batesville or Oxford.

vCash
    Thank God for the early signing period because our recruiting has sucked after Christmas for over a decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    No need to freak out yet. Give them a full class before judging. Wait til Charles Huff gets a full year to develop relationships. And I might add that if Moorhead is having a tough time adjusting to recruiting in the south, he did a fine job with early signing day considering. And he'll get it right by next class.
    Arkansas has a new staff as well.

It's a completely comparable situation.

vCash
    Lol... you guys are flipping out for np reason. I told you two weeks ago he was going to Arky and his coaching connection there. I also told you losing him isn't a big deal. He played RB the majority of his career. It wouldn't shock me if he ends up playing running back in college.

vCash
    Good Night at the estrogen level in this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Lol... you guys are flipping out for np reason. I told you two weeks ago he was going to Arky and his coaching connection there. I also told you losing him isn't a big deal. He played RB the majority of his career. It wouldn't shock me if he ends up playing running back in college.
    Correct, it's really not a big deal in itself.

My bigger concern is that our new staff is losing recruiting battles to a below average program with a new staff

vCash
    It's not time to argue or degrades the kid's talent. Our coaches really wanted him & we had infinitely more to sell than Arkansas.

To lose this player may never win or lose us a game, but it is concerning when considering what the future recruiting ability of this staff may be.
    I'm not degrading his talent. But to freak out over one player right now is nuts. His has a prior relationship with Arkansas through one of his high school coaches. We want MSU guys in HS HC positions to help steer kids to MSU, but then we freak out when a kid from a different state has the same thing happen for another school? We lost Mason for the same reason. It happens.

I'm just saying we need a little perspective on the current situation. Not degrading Mason, just saying we need some perspective on the true severity of this, which at the current moment is extremely minimal. If we lose 3-4 other commits, then I would be worried. Right now I'm not.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-22-2018 at 02:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Good Night at the estrogen level in this thread.
    I want to be melting for no reason. Tell me some of our remaining targets we close with. Seems we are on the outside looking in on most, if not all