Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
We aren’t going to sign an entire class that will likely go pro. We will sign a few that will “likely” go pro and hope for the best. After that, we will sign a bunch that would likely be drafted later but go to school and make good sec players.

You guys that get upset about signing top players need to get a prescription for some Xanax or something. I know they will likely go pro, but I am still happy to get them. If nothing else, other top players notice these guys signing with us and that carries weight.
People forget that the first 10 rounds of the draft is roughly 300-325 picks long. Probably at least half of those picks if not more are college players. I'd guess another 30-40 or so are JUCO players. So, we're talking about roughly 110-150 picks that are high school players I'm guessing. That probably translates our to 2-3 recruits in one of our typical classes. Then rounds 11-15 have become the above slot rounds where guys that are typically tough to sign get drafted. That probably would be about 1-2 more of our recruits if I had to guess typically. So, we're probably looking at 3-5 recruits being major draft risks in a typical year- I think that could improve with Cann's scouting ties or at least we will be better prepared to know who the 3-5 are and can adequately replace them. I think recruiting fewer high end JUCO's will help us keep from getting classes decimated by the draft as well since a lot of those players are more likely to go pro than the high school players.