Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic really has done a great job at development

vCash

Vic really has done a great job at development

1. McCowan- she had no semblance of an offensive move when she was a freshman. She was just big. Now she is a solid post player who uses her size well and is hell to deal with. Excellent job of development and taking SC's leftovers to make a dominant post player

2. VV- For 3 years she was a volume shooter as a 3 and just launching everything she could. She has become a much more disciplined player as a Senior and realizes that good shots matter. Shooting a higher percentage due to getting better shots as a 4- but also showing a mature discipline this year. She is attacking the basket and not settling for outside shots. Not only that- but she is showing a toughness defensively and rebounding the basketball. Night and day from the last 3 years.

3. Little Vic- Blair looked like she got a scholly because of who her Dad was her Freshman year. Through hard work and toughness for 3 years- she has turned into a glue player that makes open 3 pointers. She hustles her ass off every second she is on the court because she has to so she can get minutes. Great to see her doing well her Sr year.

There is solid development throughout the rest of the team with Johnson and others plus he probably should let Holmes play more- but those 3 really stand out this year in their development.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Good post. Pretty spot on

vCash
    Yes..
    and I actually had a talk with a couple of basketball guys that know more than anyone on this board does about basketball and that is one of the concerns about our men’s staff..
    not sure who or if we have a guy on the staff that can get work with the players to get them fundamentally better and teach them certain things That are needed .

vCash
    #12 Florida State just beat # 2 Louisville @ Louisville, We should be moving up to #2 this week.

vCash
    If you truly believe the first sentence of Point 3, you weren’t watching. That, or you didn’t know what you were seeing. Blair has been the toughest, hardest working player on the roster since she got here.

Everything else is spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TXDawg View Post
    If you truly believe the first sentence of Point 3, you weren’t watching. That, or you didn’t know what you were seeing. Blair has been the toughest, hardest working player on the roster since she got here.

Everything else is spot on.
    nobody said she hasnt always been tough- its the lack of talent part. Hell, she still lacks it and gets beat more than she should- but her freshman year she didnt look like she would ever play much

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yes..
    and I actually had a talk with a couple of basketball guys that know more than anyone on this board does about basketball and that is one of the concerns about our men’s staff..
    not sure who or if we have a guy on the staff that can get work with the players to get them fundamentally better and teach them certain things That are needed .
    I will not complain one bit if Howland hires an entire new staff next year including an actual S&C coach. Not sure Tyson Carter has lifted anything heavier than a vegan taco in his entire life.

vCash
    She had very little coaching at Starkville during high school ball. The first time I saw her play was in the Columbus Christmas tournament. Starkville was playing Olive Branch who had great talent. She played hard but there wasn't much team chemistry. She fouled out and went to the bench crying. Her dad and family were sitting about 4 chairs down from me. She has worked her tail off since being signed at MSU.

Banned
    vCash

The pressure of being "The Coach's Daughter" is immense.....

...if the Coach coddles her, or plays her ahead of other players and they lose, he could lose the team. If he's harder on her than the other players, it could scar their relationship for life.

Blair Schaefer has emerged as our Kurt Rambis...while Magic, Worthy, et. al. were doing Showtime, Rambis was diving for balls, taking charges, baiting opponents. Blair has developed into this and much more...she can hit an open three from anywhere on the floor. While she can't create her own shot like Vivians, she can hit the open shot when everybody else is concentrating on our other players.

vCash
    Vic Schaefer is at worst the 2nd best coach in the country. What he's done in this short a time period is absolutely unbelievable. As the recruiting continues to get a little better and a little better. The fact that this team is THIS good in women's basketball despite not having the hordes of elite All-Americans several other programs can stockpile is insane.

vCash
    Coach VS will tell one and all that he has a fantastic staff that works with these players every day to develop them....C34, don't think you were saying he is the sole cause of development, at least I hope not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    Coach VS will tell one and all that he has a fantastic staff that works with these players every day to develop them....C34, don't think you were saying he is the sole cause of development, at least I hope not.
    Vic hired them and set them to the task.

And no, that’s not what C34 was saying. I’m not sure why you felt the need to inject this into the conversation
    LFC YNWA

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    He is also VERY good at exploiting opponents weaknesses.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjoedawg View Post
    of course not. Every good coach has a good staff to help him accomplish what he wants done.

vCash
    I can't say a negative thing about our Women's BBall staff. They recruit hard, coach hard and they still somehow make our players play like underdogs every single game. I hate when we start losing parts of this staff to bigger and better jobs (head coaching or WNBA)

vCash

Blair's Toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    ...if the Coach coddles her, or plays her ahead of other players and they lose, he could lose the team. If he's harder on her than the other players, it could scar their relationship for life.

Blair Schaefer has emerged as our Kurt Rambis...while Magic, Worthy, et. al. were doing Showtime, Rambis was diving for balls, taking charges, baiting opponents. Blair has developed into this and much more...she can hit an open three from anywhere on the floor. While she can't create her own shot like Vivians, she can hit the open shot when everybody else is concentrating on our other players.
    Here is how dad treats Blair. When she got knocked down yesterday trying to take a charge (which she does more often than our ENTIRE men's team), they showed VS on the sidelines. He said, "She's alright." His daughter is out there holding the back of her head, the ref is asking her if she is OK, she is grimacing, and Dad simply says, "She's alright," almost like he's pissed anyone is questioning if she is OK. He has raised her and knows how tough she is. Trust me, their relationship is solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg93 View Post
    Here is how dad treats Blair. When she got knocked down yesterday trying to take a charge (which she does more often than our ENTIRE men's team), they showed VS on the sidelines. He said, "She's alright." His daughter is out there holding the back of her head, the ref is asking her if she is OK, she is grimacing, and Dad simply says, "She's alright," almost like he's pissed anyone is questioning if she is OK. He has raised her and knows how tough she is. Trust me, their relationship is solid.
    I saw that. That was a big girl that fell on her along with banging her head on the floor. She is as tough as they come!
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Vic hired them and set them to the task.

And no, that?s not what C34 was saying. I?m not sure why you felt the need to inject this into the conversation
    Just to confuse and rile you up I guess....this is a board where folks can express opinions whether you agree or not....not sure why you felt a need to respond to my perfectly reasonable point unless you just need to see your name in 'print'....LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    She is as tough as they come!
    Nobody disputes that

vCash

SC's leftovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    1. McCowan- she had no semblance of an offensive move when she was a freshman. She was just big. Now she is a solid post player who uses her size well and is hell to deal with. Excellent job of development and taking SC's leftovers to make a dominant post player.
    Why the reference to "SC's leftovers"?