Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuses

vCash

Excuses

I've never seen this board as a whole come out and give so many excuses and 2nd 3rd and 50th chances to a team like we have this mens basketball program.

We wouldve wanted the Fball and baseball coach gone years ago if we were this bad and looked this lost in those sports.

vCash
    Bullshit. Rick Ray was the all time worst hire in men’s sports in SEC history. He’s going to be fired at SEMO. We gave Croom five years and in his fourth year he made a Liberty Bowl. It’s hard to rebuild a basketball program after a self imposed three year death penalty. I’m giving Howland four years and I think all of our fans should get behind him and this team and give him four years as well.

vCash
    Fair points. I just think after its been 6 or 7 years and you're still bad, you're probably just bad

vCash
    I guess you would have fired Bruce pearl last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I guess you would have fired Bruce pearl last season.
    I dont think Auburn gives a shit anyway so no. Difference is state folks care about mens basketball, or we used to anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I've never seen this board as a whole come out and give so many excuses and 2nd 3rd and 50th chances to a team like we have this mens basketball program.

We wouldve wanted the Fball and baseball coach gone years ago if we were this bad and looked this lost in those sports.
    It’s ****ing year 3 .
    We are ****ing 14-5
    With loses to 4 tourney teams. ( 3 of those on the road)

And my statement that some of our fans have no concept of reality when it comes to our basketball program.. well here you go.

vCash
    I dont think Auburn gives a shit anyway so no. Difference is state folks care about mens basketball, or we used to anyway.
    Auburn fans didn’t care about hoops last 3 years.???
    They only sold that place out basically every game..

vCash
    I'd love to be wrong but I dont see it. 14-5 against the schedule we played is not that impressive IMO

vCash
    We are 14-5 with an RPI of 69 and that will go up after we play Kentucky. We have a shot at the NIT and 20 wins- which according to the Stands Lovers is a good season. So all is well.

Especially considering we have no Seniors
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Bullshit. Rick Ray was the all time worst hire in men’s sports in SEC history. He’s going to be fired at SEMO. We gave Croom five years and in his fourth year he made a Liberty Bowl. It’s hard to rebuild a basketball program after a self imposed three year death penalty. I’m giving Howland four years and I think all of our fans should get behind him and this team and give him four years as well.
    You make WAY too much sense..

vCash
    I'd love to be wrong but I dont see it. 14-5 against the schedule we played is not that impressive IMO
    It’s the same type of schedule RS had for many of his years... why do you think we didn’t make the dance when we had 20+ wins those years...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Auburn fans didn’t care about hoops last 3 years.???
    They only sold that place out basically every game..
    It's funny that our fans say we care about basketball more than other SEC programs when we probably haven't had more than 3000 people at a game in the last 7 or so years. Bama had a good crowd yesterday and they're 12-6 and have been to the NCAA tourney 2 times in the last 13 years. Just like us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    It's funny that our fans say we care about basketball more than other SEC programs when we probably haven't had more than 3000 people at a game in the last 7 or so years. Bama had a good crowd yesterday and they're 12-6 and have been to the NCAA tourney 2 times in the last 13 years. Just like us.
    Bama hasnt been awful for 6 to 7 years either. At least they were competitive. Ray never came close to competitive and we were .500 last year. Dont blame anyone for not going

vCash
    And I said it in the game thread..
    losing Malik , Kegler , and missing out on the talent of Herarrd is a huge deal .
    We don’t have and pro ready guys on this roster right now. And still seems like lots of chemistry issues.
    Yes that is on Howland to figure out. And once again it’s year ****ing 3.

You people have to understand basketball isn’t like it was 10 years ago. Give CBH time to adjust .. we have very good young pieces in Nick and Ado..

vCash
    Bama hasnt been awful for 6 to 7 years either. At least they were competitive. Ray never came close to competitive and we were .500 last year. Dont blame anyone for not going
    Ray isn’t the ****ing coach now.. this makes no sense .. your using the shovel to dig your own grave now..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    This^ We've started from scratch and I see MAJOR progress so I've been quiet and supportive but I also know with, "starting from scratch" Howland had a blank canvas so next year is on him with four years to build...we better be playing for the SEC title...

vCash
    Bama only has 7 more conference wins over the last 3 years than the awful teams we've had.

Auburn has 3 less conference wins over the last 3 seasons.

People show up to their games. And they don't even care about basketball like we do**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    It?s the same type of schedule RS had for many of his years... why do you think we didn?t make the dance when we had 20+ wins those years...
    I SMFH at this too. Some folks just have some kind of idyllic, romanticized version of Stans' last 5 to 6 years or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are 14-5 with an RPI of 69 and that will go up after we play Kentucky. We have a shot at the NIT and 20 wins- which according to the Stands Lovers is a good season. So all is well.

Especially considering we have no Seniors
    If we get to 20 wins and an NIT berth I will be tip toeing through the tulips.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    Ha... great point. If attendance is the measure of caring about basketball, does anyone care less than us in the SEC?