Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New places in Starkville

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lol no kidding. It?s a ****ing bagel place that serves Italian sometimes. It?s not an Italian restaurant. It may be awesome. That?s not the point.
    I don’t even understand what argument y’all are trying to make. It’s literally called City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. A Bistro is a small restaurant. Are y’all saying you enjoyed average to below average Italian at Old Venice because it was a bigger place that was decorated better? The best Cuban food I’ve ever had was on the corner of Duval in Key West from a stand connected to a corner Grocery. Is that experience discounted because it wasn’t a real Cuban restaurant? Ever eaten at the original Doe’s? How about Gibbes Grocery in Learnid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I don’t even understand what argument y’all are trying to make. It’s literally called City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. A Bistro is a small restaurant. Are y’all saying you enjoyed average to below average Italian at Old Venice because it was a bigger place that was decorated better? The best Cuban food I’ve ever had was on the corner of Duval in Key West from a stand connected to a corner Grocery. Is that experience discounted because it wasn’t a real Cuban restaurant? Ever eaten at the original Doe’s? How about Gibbes Grocery in Learnid?
    If they don't have red and white checkered table cloths made out of that plasticy/vinyl, it ain't f*** I-talian!!!

vCash
    The people who own Harvey's and the grill opened a southern style food restaurant in Tupelo called South and it didn't make it. Had it made it I expected one like it in Starkville. Anthonys Market in West Point has the best steak in the golden triangle and it's not even close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Sonic where Denny’s use to be. But there are 4 or 5 new restaurants coming soon. New Mugshots is coming along nicely also.
    Damn there are a lot of restaurants in Starkville.

vCash
    The food scene in Starkville is growing. For steak and upscale southern food you have Tyler, Veranda, Commodore Bobs. If Char is coming that would be a great addition. There?s also a butcher shop in the works with some very capable guys. It would be nice to see them attach a restaurant. For tacos Two brothers has some unique tacos and they are looking to expand. Humble tacos will be another great addition with fresh, from scratch, tacos and Latin American food with a southern twist. There is one Italian restaurant coming and another in the works. The one in the works would be opened by a classically trained chef that actually studied in Italy. Thames and his group buying city bagel was a great move to keep that staple going. Other restaurants are looking to expand and other concepts looking for locations. Plenty of burger, Mexican and bbq to go around

Eta I haven?t eaten there in a while but I thought more people were big on Stromboli?s as well.
    Last edited by SmokeyDawg; 01-21-2018 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Hey for you steak lovers in the GTR, y?all need to go check out Yamato Steakhouse in West Point. Place looks like the shit. Passed it earlier on my way home from Hunting. I?m Only halfway joking. It could be a good place.

Slight hijack. Assuming everyone rides around without radio on or has Sirius in the GTR It?s either too pop hits, new BA pop country or the new techno/auto tune/mumbling like you have a mouth full of grapes rap. Maybe this explains why Bounds still has a job. 0.0000 competition in large swaths of the state.
    I?ve eaten at the one in Greenwood. It?s ok. Poor man?s Umi?s.

vCash
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station. That place made a damn gutbuster of a burrito back in the day.
    Yes- that Behr

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station. That place made a damn gutbuster of a burrito back in the day.
    Hell yea. Lived directly across the street for two years and ate 5 tines my fair share of those monsters. Would get a fountain drink to wash it down.

vCash
    I travel a bit and I've recently discovered Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe in B'ham and Chattanooga. It's prob been around for a while, but they have great gyros and killer Salmon. That'd go over in S'Vegas.

vCash
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station.
    It is open: https://twitter.com/BiteMyBurrito

vCash

The Fat Kid Surprise

The fat kid surprise

vCash
    Another Broken Egg would be perfect for breakfast.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Another Broken Egg would be perfect for breakfast.
    That is some good in Memphis !!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Starkville needs a Cracker Barrel (Serves down home food that the locals love), A Pappasito's or Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, and/or a Cajun/Seafood place. I will say this, the morning after an evening football game it is difficult to find breakfast in Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Starkville needs a Cracker Barrel (Serves down home food that the locals love), A Pappasito's or Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, and/or a Cajun/Seafood place. I will say this, the morning after an evening football game it is difficult to find breakfast in Starkville.
    This post is so Mississippi State message board circa 1999.

Although it could come in handy if we continue to play the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.**

vCash
    I?ll probably get laughed at, but I miss Barnhills...especially their breakfast buffet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I?ll probably get laughed at, but I miss Barnhills...especially their breakfast buffet.
    Haha. Fat boy joke

vCash
    I'm saying I'd like a restaurant because it's what they do and it's available every time the doors are open instead of a sometimes thing. Most people don't even know City Bagel does Italian anyway. I don't see how it's so difficult to see the difference between a bagel place that does some Italian sometimes and an actual Italian restaurant...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    I'm saying I'd like a restaurant because it's what they do and it's available every time the doors are open instead of a sometimes thing. Most people don't even know City Bagel does Italian anyway. I don't see how it's so difficult to see the difference between a bagel place that does some Italian sometimes and an actual Italian restaurant...
    http://thecitybagel.com

Every single night they are open they are an Italian Bistro, not sometimes. The name of the damn place is City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. The home page of their FB literally spells it out and the menu they show is Italian. Haha I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. What else do they have to do? A Chianti fountain and throw tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella at people walking down University?

Last edited by BeastMan; 01-21-2018 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    http://thecitybagel.com

Every single night they are open they are an Italian Bistro, not sometimes. The name of the damn place is City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. The home page of their FB literally spells it out and the menu they show is Italian. Haha I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. What else do they have to do? A Chianti fountain and throw tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella at people walking down University?

Chianti fountain and thrown buffalo mozzarella - that's Hilarious!

I'm picturing the scene from one of those dating shows where the girl from small town USA asked the guy, who's last name was something like Rockefeller/Vanderbilt, a culinary question. The girl says she LOVES Italian and The Olive Garden is her favorite. She then asks her date, who says he also likes Italian, "Have you ever eaten at The Olive Garden? Isn't it the Best Italian you've ever had?