Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New places in Starkville

Banned
    vCash
    Starkville needs a great sushi and hibachi style restaurant imo that serves sake and asian beers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Starkville needs a great sushi and hibachi style restaurant imo that serves sake and asian beers.
    Isn't that already there with Umi? I thought it was very good on my couple of meals there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Isn't that already there with Umi? I thought it was very good on my couple of meals there.
    I preferred Umi when it was just the hole in the wall joint on Stark Rd.

Now it's just like every other Hibachi place you see in every other town.

vCash
    What we need is a Glory Bound like the one in Hattiesburg. American greek restaurant owned by the same people who own Mugshots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station.
    It is open: https://twitter.com/BiteMyBurrito

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I preferred Umi when it was just the hole in the wall joint on Stark Rd.

Now it's just like every other Hibachi place you see in every other town.
    Isn?t that true for every hole in the wall place that goes ?big time?. Part of their apeal is the status as a boarder line dive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    If you want new restaurants, you should all be rooting for increased enrollment and more companies to come and locate at GTR Aeroplex.
    I can help with that and I am about to retire from education. Should I call you for the job?
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Another Broken Egg would be perfect for breakfast.
    That is some good in Memphis !!
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Hey for you steak lovers in the GTR, y?all need to go check out Yamato Steakhouse in West Point. Place looks like the shit. Passed it earlier on my way home from Hunting. I?m Only halfway joking. It could be a good place.

Slight hijack. Assuming everyone rides around without radio on or has Sirius in the GTR It?s either too pop hits, new BA pop country or the new techno/auto tune/mumbling like you have a mouth full of grapes rap. Maybe this explains why Bounds still has a job. 0.0000 competition in large swaths of the state.
    gtr does not even have a sports station anymore. I mean WTH.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash

The Fat Kid Surprise

The fat kid surprise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    What we need is a Glory Bound like the one in Hattiesburg. American greek restaurant owned by the same people who own Mugshots.
    Na, TD67 had it right. If a greek place opens in Starkville it should be Taziki's. Been eating at the original for 20 years now and it's the most consistent restaurant I've ever patroned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    Na, TD67 had it right. If a greek place opens in Starkville it should be Taziki's. Been eating at the original for 20 years now and it's the most consistent restaurant I've ever patroned.
    20 years?!? I just discovered it like 2 yrs ago! LOLZ!!!

vCash
    I mean is there even a Waffle House in Starkville? I mean how is that possible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    I mean is there even a Waffle House in Starkville? I mean how is that possible
    Yes there is. You should come here some.. seeing as you are a fan and all
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    If you don't think mediterranean would work you clearly have never spent time at The Darkhorse Tavern people eat the F out of the Gyro because it is delicious. A taco shop or even a taco truck would work. Taco places are not the same as the "mexican" restaurants. I think a quick serve burrito place kinda like Swanky's in Memphis or Moe's if done right could make some bank. At some point things will start competing. The best blue plate in town is Kroger because it is cheap and tastes just as good as anyplace else. The only people that want to spend 12 bucks a meal on blue plate restaurants or live in oxford and think Ajax is the best thing ever. no its not go buy some stuff from the grocery store put it in a pot with bacon grease a dash of salt and pepper and you have food better than Ajax and 99% of all shitty blueplates in the country. Maybe i'm spoiled though and grew up gardening and still do