Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New places in Starkville

vCash

New places in Starkville

Anybody know what?s going on beside Hardee?s and where Denny?s use to be?

vCash
    Burger King by Hardee’s. Buyers for Penns and abnerslocations to be announced soon. Car wash across by shipleys

vCash
    That’s unfortunate... I was hoping for something different. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SandlotDawg View Post
    Anybody know what?s going on beside Hardee?s and where Denny?s use to be?
    Sonic where Denny’s use to be. But there are 4 or 5 new restaurants coming soon. New Mugshots is coming along nicely also.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Slim Chickens coming in February. I'm not sure where in Vegas.
    "I ring cowbells at ballgames."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    Sonic where Denny’s use to be. But there are 4 or 5 new restaurants coming soon. New Mugshots is coming along nicely also.
    No. It's a car wash where Denny's use to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No. It's a car wash where Denny's use to be.
    You?re both right. It?s a car wash named Sonic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogshiek View Post
    Slim Chickens coming in February. I'm not sure where in Vegas.
    Slim chickens is solid. Another chicken place I know, but kids eat free on Sundays.

vCash
    Starkville needs a really good steakhouse in my opinion. I think that’s about the only thing we’re missing food wise that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    You?re both right. It?s a car wash named Sonic.
    Real talk I’d pay big money to eat a burger while someone washed my car.

vCash
    Starkville needs a really good steakhouse in my opinion. I think that’s about the only thing we’re missing food wise that is.
    Starkville needs a Taco Shop like are all over Texas. Needs a place like Torchys that sells $2.50 tacos, craft beer, and craft soft drinks.

That would serve the population of Starkville far better than a high end steakhouse would

vCash
    Is the Golden Horn not good anymore? Or is that not considered local?

vCash
    Humble Taco’s is coming this spring on hwy182. It’s going on the corner of 182 and jackson st. The same group that owns restaurant Tyler, the guest room, city bagel, and bin 612 are doing it .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I ate there a couple times probably 5 years ago and wasn?t impressed. May have changed since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I ate there a couple times probably 5 years ago and wasn?t impressed. May have changed since then.
    It was very good when I was in school. But back then, it was probably the most high-brow restaurant within 50 miles. Most students couldn't afford it though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Starkville needs a Taco Shop like are all over Texas. Needs a place like Torchys that sells $2.50 tacos, craft beer, and craft soft drinks.

That would serve the population of Starkville far better than a high end steakhouse would
    This would work. Torchys is the shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I ate there a couple of times back around 2009 and it was great! I ate there twice around 2013 and the food quality was at best 75% of what it was before. The second and last time I ate there in 2013 the food wasn't good, took over an hour to receive and 2 of our 4 orders were wrong. Haven't been back since.

vCash
    Cappe’s and Veranda are your steakhouses and both are good. MSU needs a killer southern restaurant. Blue plates at lunch and a few more ambitious (culinarily speaking) southern rooted entrees at dinner. Have a bar with craft beer, southern inspired cocktail menu, solid wine list, and zero drink specials so it will be food focused and not a college bar crowd and more family friendly. I’d actually prefer the bar/lounge kind of private. Southern art decor with blues music. Nice clean casual but not fine dining. That’s off the top of my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Cappe’s and Veranda are your steakhouses and both are good. MSU needs a killer southern restaurant. Blue plates at lunch and a few more ambitious (culinarily speaking) southern rooted entrees at dinner. Have a bar with craft beer, southern inspired cocktail menu, solid wine list, and zero drink specials so it will be food focused and not a college bar crowd and more family friendly. I’d actually prefer the bar/lounge kind of private. Southern art decor with blues music. Nice clean casual but not fine dining. That’s off the top of my head.
    I'm surprised they don't already have more than one of those in town.

There are several locally owned places that fit that description here and I really have trouble eating that sort of thing. It's not actually old-style home cooking, or what I think of it being anyway.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    So did Abner?s go out of business? I stopped eating there many years ago after learning who owned them.