Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New places in Starkville

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    Then he should open up an Italian restaurant and not a bagel shop. And who is dumping on his place? I'm sure he makes some fine food, but I'd still like an actual Italian restaurant.
    Lol no kidding. It?s a ****ing bagel place that serves Italian sometimes. It?s not an Italian restaurant. It may be awesome. That?s not the point.

vCash
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station. That place made a damn gutbuster of a burrito back in the day.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Another Broken Egg would be perfect for breakfast.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Starkville needs a Cracker Barrel (Serves down home food that the locals love), A Pappasito's or Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, and/or a Cajun/Seafood place. I will say this, the morning after an evening football game it is difficult to find breakfast in Starkville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lol no kidding. It?s a ****ing bagel place that serves Italian sometimes. It?s not an Italian restaurant. It may be awesome. That?s not the point.
    I don’t even understand what argument y’all are trying to make. It’s literally called City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. A Bistro is a small restaurant. Are y’all saying you enjoyed average to below average Italian at Old Venice because it was a bigger place that was decorated better? The best Cuban food I’ve ever had was on the corner of Duval in Key West from a stand connected to a corner Grocery. Is that experience discounted because it wasn’t a real Cuban restaurant? Ever eaten at the original Doe’s? How about Gibbes Grocery in Learnid?

vCash
    I?ll probably get laughed at, but I miss Barnhills...especially their breakfast buffet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I don’t even understand what argument y’all are trying to make. It’s literally called City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. A Bistro is a small restaurant. Are y’all saying you enjoyed average to below average Italian at Old Venice because it was a bigger place that was decorated better? The best Cuban food I’ve ever had was on the corner of Duval in Key West from a stand connected to a corner Grocery. Is that experience discounted because it wasn’t a real Cuban restaurant? Ever eaten at the original Doe’s? How about Gibbes Grocery in Learnid?
    I'm saying I'd like a restaurant because it's what they do and it's available every time the doors are open instead of a sometimes thing. Most people don't even know City Bagel does Italian anyway. I don't see how it's so difficult to see the difference between a bagel place that does some Italian sometimes and an actual Italian restaurant...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    I?ll probably get laughed at, but I miss Barnhills...especially their breakfast buffet.
    Haha. Fat boy joke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Starkville needs a Cracker Barrel (Serves down home food that the locals love), A Pappasito's or Chuy's Mexican Restaurant, and/or a Cajun/Seafood place. I will say this, the morning after an evening football game it is difficult to find breakfast in Starkville.
    This post is so Mississippi State message board circa 1999.

Although it could come in handy if we continue to play the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving.**

vCash
    Killer southern with more ambitious dinner is along the lines of Lou?s Full Serve, Manship House, Drago?s, Crechales?s, Ga Blue, etc.... You serve blue plates at lunch to make money and pay the bills. If you think southern cuisine is played out, you have absolutely no idea what you?re talking about. Name me a few top restaurants in Oxford & Hattiesburg (other college towns so we?re apples to apples) and tell me what they serve. Starkville has Tyler and Veranda is that realm. They both have their own distinct niche and flavor and there is room for another.

Another Japanese and Mediterranean to Starkville.... LMAO.
    I agree with this.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    They should just reopen the burrito joint in coconuts gas station. That place made a damn gutbuster of a burrito back in the day.
    Hell yea. Lived directly across the street for two years and ate 5 tines my fair share of those monsters. Would get a fountain drink to wash it down.

vCash
    I travel a bit and I've recently discovered Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe in B'ham and Chattanooga. It's prob been around for a while, but they have great gyros and killer Salmon. That'd go over in S'Vegas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdawg View Post
    I'm saying I'd like a restaurant because it's what they do and it's available every time the doors are open instead of a sometimes thing. Most people don't even know City Bagel does Italian anyway. I don't see how it's so difficult to see the difference between a bagel place that does some Italian sometimes and an actual Italian restaurant...
    http://thecitybagel.com

Every single night they are open they are an Italian Bistro, not sometimes. The name of the damn place is City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. The home page of their FB literally spells it out and the menu they show is Italian. Haha I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. What else do they have to do? A Chianti fountain and throw tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella at people walking down University?

Last edited by BeastMan; 01-21-2018 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    http://thecitybagel.com

Every single night they are open they are an Italian Bistro, not sometimes. The name of the damn place is City Bagel Cafe & Italian Bistro. The home page of their FB literally spells it out and the menu they show is Italian. Haha I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. What else do they have to do? A Chianti fountain and throw tomatoes & buffalo mozzarella at people walking down University?

Chianti fountain and thrown buffalo mozzarella - that's Hilarious!

I'm picturing the scene from one of those dating shows where the girl from small town USA asked the guy, who's last name was something like Rockefeller/Vanderbilt, a culinary question. The girl says she LOVES Italian and The Olive Garden is her favorite. She then asks her date, who says he also likes Italian, "Have you ever eaten at The Olive Garden? Isn't it the Best Italian you've ever had?

vCash
    Nothing makes southern people fight more than food. Maybe football but definitely food.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Who is going to eat at these Resturants May 15 Through September 1st and December through February 13th?

vCash
    It's amazing that people would complain that the authentic Italian place in Starkville isn't Italian enough for them. It's Starkville for crying out loud - not Nashville or Atlanta or even Jackson. It's actually pretty cool that a town as small as Starkville has authentic Italian food from classically trained chefs, and the fact that it comes from a Bagel cafe gives it and the town a bit more character and charm.

vCash
    If they don't have red and white checkered table cloths made out of that plasticy/vinyl, it ain't f*** I-talian!!!

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Who is going to eat at these Resturants May 15 Through September 1st and December through February 13th?
    This is the only reason for Starkville?s lack of growth.

Maybe Starkville?s chamber of commerce should learn from another community and start paying magazines and newspapers to start naming it a top destination and one of the pretties cities/campuses in the galaxy. It?s brainwashed a certain gullible group into believing it. So this may work on a portion of our fab base.
    Last edited by RougeDawg; 01-22-2018 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty Dispatch View Post
    It's amazing that people would complain that the authentic Italian place in Starkville isn't Italian enough for them. It's Starkville for crying out loud - not Nashville or Atlanta or even Jackson. It's actually pretty cool that a town as small as Starkville has authentic Italian food from classically trained chefs, and the fact that it comes from a Bagel cafe gives it and the town a bit more character and charm.
    Back in the day I ate at Sarges, could not afford much else today is different