Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
That genre is overplayed in Mississippi IMO.

You already have Cappes, Veranda, Starkville Cafe, etc that all serve blue plates.

It's time for Mississippi towns to start branching out & seeing the bigger picture of what works in college towns in other parts of the country.

That why I said a taco bar like Torchys is very much needed. Or a place like Tokyo Joes japanese restuarant or Zoes Kitchen Mediterranean place.

Point is that for some reason Mississippi people only think in terms of blue plate, chicken tenders, or sandwiches & the genre is WAY over saturated.
Killer southern with more ambitious dinner is along the lines of Lou’s Full Serve, Manship House, Drago’s, Crechales’s, Ga Blue, etc.... You serve blue plates at lunch to make money and pay the bills. If you think southern cuisine is played out, you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. Name me a few top restaurants in Oxford & Hattiesburg (other college towns so we’re apples to apples) and tell me what they serve. Starkville has Tyler and Veranda is that realm. They both have their own distinct niche and flavor and there is room for another.

Another Japanese and Mediterranean to Starkville.... LMAO.