Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The #1 reason why it's taking longer than we want in basketball...

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Come On we know why Hansboro left, it wasn't anything to do with basketball. he also said we didn't have a practice facility, right. Stans went out raised money for a fine practice facility, our AD wasn't much help.
    Tammi Handjobsbrough**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Tammi Handjobsbrough**
    Trying to remember -players or coaches?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Trying to remember -players or coaches?
    She was equal opportunity

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    Your team has to be mentally tough as hell to win close games at the end. That's not the same as playing all out, which everybody does. It's more than that, a higher level of competitiveness. We've been close this season, so reason for hope. Need to be tougher upstairs. And that goes for the HC, all the assistant coaches, and every player on the bench and the floor. The fact that three of our losses could have been W's proves that we're close. But that doesn't guarantee we get there. We're good enough to win. We need to be tough enough to win, and we aren't yet.
    Counter argument is that a few of our W's could have easily been losses to really bad teams except Q saved us a couple of time and X got hot late against USM. If we had lost all 3 of those game even the optimistic people I think would be singing a different song.

Truth is we're a mediocre team that is young so there is reason for hope, however I don't personally see any of the current young guys making the big jump to turn us into something beyond decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Counter argument is that a few of our W's could have easily been losses to really bad teams except Q saved us a couple of time and X got hot late against USM. If we had lost all 3 of those game even the optimistic people I think would be singing a different song.

Truth is we're a mediocre team that is young so there is reason for hope, however I don't personally see any of the current young guys making the big jump to turn us into something beyond decent.
    You could also use those 3 games to make the argument that good teams find a way to win close games...

vCash
    A mediocre team would have a RPI in the 150-200 range...truth is, we're a decent team and very close to being a good team as soon as we figure out how to play two halves in the same game.

vCash

Really? Please stop posting on basketball. You are up there with the idiot predicting we will win 3 total SEC games. His name escapes me atm.

Banned
    vCash
    The team is inconsistent because all the players are inconsistent besides maybe Holman. Carter can score 35 and 0 in back to back games. Q always plays only half a game. Peters gets hot for 10 minutes and disappears for 10 months etc...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Carter can score 35 and 0 in back to back games.
    Not against an SEC team
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    You could also use those 3 games to make the argument that good teams find a way to win close games...
    You could, but given the level of competition I'm not sure it applies as much. Granted, very thankful we won but I don't remember anybody in the game threads being pleased with how we played in those games and I was at the USM game so saw that one first hand.

vCash
    Irondawg is actually a solid basketball poster and has proven that over the years
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    A mediocre team would have a RPI in the 150-200 range...truth is, we're a decent team and very close to being a good team as soon as we figure out how to play two halves in the same game.
    I use mediocre and decent in the same context. We're not bad, but we're not really good either overall. We are 2-4 in the conference, and 2-5 against Top 100 RPI teams to this point. Yeah we'd be good if we weren't so inconsistent, but lots of other teams can say the same thing. Can we solve that riddle this year?