Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The #1 reason why it's taking longer than we want in basketball...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Kegler gave us 10/5 a night last year as a true freshman. His loss is huge and instead of him on the floor we are putting Datcher, Feazell, and Wright out there
    are we not starting Holman at the 4 and Q at the 3--. I don't think Kegler is a big loss. He hung around the 3 point line and jacked up 3s. Maybe He would have been a lot better this year. I think the major reason we are struggling is Peter's is in a huge funk-if he comes out of it we will be a good team. Baby Horatio would have been sorta ok at the 2 but you get zero defense and He can't finish at the rim--glad His ass has moved on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    are we not starting Holman at the 4 and Q at the 3--. I don't think Kegler is a big loss. He hung around the 3 point line and jacked up 3s. Maybe He would have been a lot better this year. I think the major reason we are struggling is Peter's is in a huge funk-if he comes out of it we will be a good team. Baby Horatio would have been sorta ok at the 2 but you get zero defense and He can't finish at the rim--glad His ass has moved on.
    It’s more about depth than who starts.
    When Ado comes out instead of having X ( who is not reliable ) we have kegler at the 4 Holman at the 5
    When Holman gets a blow kegler 4
    And as a freshman with 10/ 5 a game is soild Numbers .
    I understand he didn’t want to fit into CBH scheme and system and wouldn’t buy in. But not having him hurts greatly .

Hell Herard is a huge loss. What does Datcher bring ? Basically nothing . Once again depth huge issue . And Herarrd was just a soph. Players do improve..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    It’s more about depth than who starts.
    When Ado comes out instead of having X ( who is not reliable ) we have kegler at the 4 Holman at the 5
    When Holman gets a blow kegler 4
    And as a freshman with 10/ 5 a game is soild Numbers .
    I understand he didn’t want to fit into CBH scheme and system and wouldn’t buy in. But not having him hurts greatly .

Hell Herard is a huge loss. What does Datcher bring ? Basically nothing . Once again depth huge issue . And Herarrd was just a soph. Players do improve..
    agreed--Maybe Datcher will improve--he has a nice shot and is a killer at the free throw line. I saw Kegler be very inconsistent--he had talent no doubt. I just don't have the love for Him you do. i think in the long run Feezel might be better than Kegler.

vCash
    agreed--Maybe Datcher will improve--he has a nice shot and is a killer at the free throw line. I saw Kegler be very inconsistent--he had talent no doubt. I just don't have the love for Him you do. i think in the long run Feezel might be better than Kegler.
    I’m not saying Kegler is a pro.. but he was more read as a freshman than Feazell . Also meant we had to play Feazell and not red shirt him.
    We can count on one hand how many pros we have put in the league the last 30 years.
    For anyone to think Kegler isn’t a huge loss is 100% wrong.

vCash
    Kegler, just like Newman, was convinced that he was a different position than where he was being played. It's hard to argue that 10 and 5 wouldn't have helped this year, but at the same time, guys with that kind of selfishness and lack of awareness can cost you in key moments or in less immediately obvious ways (locker room, etc.). Given the choice, I think I'd rather wait until year 4 and have a core of fully bought-in guys than have a few more games in the win column in year 2-3 but an unstable foundation due to having to excessively cater to divas.

vCash
    . I saw Kegler be very inconsistent--he had talent no doubt. I just don't have the love for Him you do.
    He was a true freshman- of course he was inconsistent. I bet he makes All-Conference at Baylor
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    He was a true freshman- of course he was inconsistent. I bet he makes All-Conference at Baylor
    OH BOY. Screen shot this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    OH BOY. Screen shot this.
    done

We can have more fun like I did with Gary Ervin and also the guy that went to Oklahoma. Everybody sux according to our fans when they transfer

vCash
    done

We can have more fun like I did with Gary Ervin and also the guy that went to Oklahoma. Everybody sux according to our fans when they transfer
    When Gary Ervin played within himself he wasn't that bad ... not a world beater tho.

And if he passes the ball to Winsome Frazier on the break against Duke in tourney, instead of trying to go to hole himself, we probably win that game. He was in his Jamont Gordon mode, prior to Jamont Gordon.

vCash
    done

I dont think he sucks at all, but I also dont think he'll be a top 15 player in the big 12. Those ideas dont have to be mutually exclusive.

vCash
    I don't see it--but I won't pull for Him not to. I hope He goes to the NBA. I've watched the Dog since Joe Dan Gold and I have seen lot's of Players better than Kegler and some did not make the NBA.

vCash
    Kegler is an undersized four who thinks he’s a three. A true tweener so to say. But I rather sacrifice this year and get Reggie Perry next year. Perry will do more and quicker then Kegler will at both the college and NBA level. Perry will be a starter in the NBA where Kegler will be an overseas player. Kegler will be a decent college player though.

vCash
    Your team has to be mentally tough as hell to win close games at the end. That's not the same as playing all out, which everybody does. It's more than that, a higher level of competitiveness. We've been close this season, so reason for hope. Need to be tougher upstairs. And that goes for the HC, all the assistant coaches, and every player on the bench and the floor. The fact that three of our losses could have been W's proves that we're close. But that doesn't guarantee we get there. We're good enough to win. We need to be tough enough to win, and we aren't yet.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm disappointed, I was expecting the number one reason to be that Howland doesn't yell enough at his players

Banned
    vCash
    done

Stansbury was such a moron. He refused to play Osby who became All-Big12, he let Hansbrough transfer who was Big East POY, he kicked Phil Turner off the team who was All-Delta League or whatever it's called. We'd win 5 more games this year alone with Phil Turner starting for us. That dude had balls the size of grapefruits. Oh yea and he kicked a guy off the team that got drafted from ULL and Walter Sharpe got drafted first round by the Pistons but I don't blame Stansbury on that one. Sharpe was a huge POS.

vCash
    I don't see it--but I won't pull for Him not to. I hope He goes to the NBA. I've watched the Dog since Joe Dan Gold and I have seen lot's of Players better than Kegler and some did not make the NBA.
    Im not saying Kegler will be an NBA star- I’m saying he will be a very good college basketball player.

vCash
    What's gonna be funny is if Kegler has to play the 4 at Baylor...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsMGs View Post
    What's gonna be funny is if Kegler has to play the 4 at Baylor...
    The same way Malik is playing the 2 at Kansas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The same way Malik is playing the 2 at Kansas
    Yep! With the common denominator(OC) in play it would only be fitting...Self already making Howland look smart, that would be over the top!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Stansbury was such a moron. He refused to play Osby who became All-Big12, he let Hansbrough transfer who was Big East POY, he kicked Phil Turner off the team who was All-Delta League or whatever it's called. We'd win 5 more games this year alone with Phil Turner starting for us. That dude had balls the size of grapefruits. Oh yea and he kicked a guy off the team that got drafted from ULL and Walter Sharpe got drafted first round by the Pistons but I don't blame Stansbury on that one. Sharpe was a huge POS.
    Come On we know why Hansboro left, it wasn't anything to do with basketball. he also said we didn't have a practice facility, right. Stans went out raised money for a fine practice facility, our AD wasn't much help.