Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's announcers really summed up our basketball program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    We need 10 SEC wins to get in the tourney - our 144 SOS has pretty much caused that.

What will be interesting to see how the board reacts if Stans gets WKU in the tourney in year 2. Currently they have an RPI of 46. They probably need to win their tourney, but they have a top 25 SOS and will most likely be a bubble team down the stretch.
    I am not sure they have to win the conference. That Purdue win could get them in assuming they are around the top of their conference

vCash
    We need 10 SEC wins to get in the tourney - our 144 SOS has pretty much caused that.

What will be interesting to see how the board reacts if Stans gets WKU in the tourney in year 2. Currently they have an RPI of 46. They probably need to win their tourney, but they have a top 25 SOS and will most likely be a bubble team down the stretch.
    We are hoping NIT- NCAA is not really feasible. Hell, it took Stands 4 years and he had recruited his team when he got the job. Nobody cares what Stands does at a Mid-Major. It's easier to win in little school basketball.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I am not sure they have to win the conference. That Purdue win could get them in assuming they are around the top of their conference
    I didn't look at their schedule, can't believe they beat Purdue.

I was not in the fire Stans crowd, so it would be interesting to see how the board would react to Stans making the tourney in year 2 at WKU while we are in year 6 of a rebuild. I'm sure most people would be happy for Stans............................................. .................................................. ..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We are hoping NIT- NCAA is not really feasible. Hell, it took Stands 4 years and he had recruited his team when he got the job. Nobody cares what Stands does at a Mid-Major. It's easier to win in little school basketball.
    It's easier to make the NCAA tourney in whatever shit conference that WKU is in as opposed to the SEC? Really? So if Stans makes the NCAA it will be because he took the easy road to the NCAA by taking WKU to the tourney possibly? I guess I can understand that logic if he just wins the tourney, but if he gets an at large bid, then that argument goes out the window.

vCash
    I didn't look at their schedule, can't believe they beat Purdue.

I was not in the fire Stans crowd, so it would be interesting to see how the board would react to Stans making the tourney in year 2 at WKU while we are in year 6 of a rebuild. I'm sure most people would be happy for Stans............................................. .................................................. ..........
    Western Kentucky has made the NCAA Tourney 4 times the last 10 years and has more appearances in their history than State does. Making it there would surprise nobody. You get fired when you dont

vCash

Who gives a shit.. just like I don?t hive a shit if RR wins 1 game or 30 games with SEMO
    I swear I think Stands is the Freeze to some of our fan base..

vCash
    It's easier to make the NCAA tourney in whatever shit conference that WKU is in as opposed to the SEC? Really?.
    7 appearances since 2001 says yes it is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I swear I think Stands is the Freeze to some of our fan base..
    There's no doubt about that.

vCash
    7 appearances since 2001 says yes it is
    Since joining CUSA they haven't been - and they used to run rough shod over the Sun Belt, but they haven't been at large worthy since Darrin Horn's kids were there in 2009.

If Stans get them an at large bid, it will be an accomplishment.

vCash
    Since joining CUSA they haven't been - and they used to run rough shod over the Sun Belt, but they haven't been at large worthy since Darrin Horn's kids were there in 2009.

It's still little boy basketball

vCash

Good info. I had no idea they have missed the tourney so much lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Good info. I had no idea they have missed the tourney so much lately
    made it back to back in 2012 and 2013. This is only their 4th year in Conf USA- 15-17 last year under Stands

They were 21-11 in 2014 and didnt make it
    They were 20-12 in 2015 and didnt make it

vCash
    made it back to back in 2012 and 2013. This is only their 4th year in Conf USA- 15-17 last year under Stands

They were 21-11 in 2014 and didnt make it
    They were 20-12 in 2015 and didnt make it
    Ahhh... I missed the at large part. Thought he said they have missed the tourney since 2009

vCash

At large worthy is a narrow, narrow window in a mid-major conference. They have had 3 appearances since Horn left in ?09. That?s 3 more than we?ve had. It?s not like Stands inherited a rebuild either, although they were short handed due to 3 players being kicked out of school (which resulted in Ray Harper resigning). Harper took Jax St to the NCAAs in his first year last year, turning around a team that went 8-23 the year before. Should win the OVC this year sitting at 15-6.

vCash
    To also be fair- Stands never faced an 18 game SEC schedule against the whole SEC and not protected by playing 2 games each against a weak West. He was the only SEC coach to vote against that. We know why too
    Stans had a winning record against every team in the Sec Except KY and FL. Keep on with your hate Stans bullshit. You got what you wanted and boy have we sucked since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Stans had a winning record against every team in the Sec Except KY and FL. Keep on with your hate Stans bullshit. You got what you wanted and boy have we sucked since then.
    Thats a lie- Stands was 6-9 vs Tennessee

He was propped up playing a weakass SEC West schedule every season. We were never as good as the top the 3 teams in the East year after year.

vCash
    In the last 13 basketball seasons- we have made the NCAA Tourney TWICE. 2 times- in the 13 years.
    And, the LAST winning team was when? And, WHO led the unending campaign against said coach?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Thats a lie- Stands was 6-9 vs Tennessee

He was propped up playing a weakass SEC West schedule every season. We were never as good as the top the 3 teams in the East year after year.
    never--shit I thought We won the SEC and didn't lose a road game--Plus He won the Tourney. Excuse me on Tn. he just played who was on His Schedule . Our Football team and baseball team only play some teams every so often. Our football team plays Ga-Fla-Tn once in a blue moon. So why are you picking on basketball? Oh I know,it is what you do. It looks like we were as good as TN at least 6 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    And, the LAST winning team was when? And, WHO led the unending campaign against said coach?
    All I know is that you can pick any consecutive five year term during Stans' tenure and you are going to find two trips to the NCAA tourney in those five years. He was a good coach. I wish we still had his level of success here, I don't want him back, but I would love to have his results back.

vCash
    Stansbury won more SEC Championships in his last 10 years than any other SEC program except Kentucky 12. Mississippi State 8. (Florida 6) Western Conference Champion: 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010. SEC Tournament Champion: 2002, 2009. Overall SEC Champion: 2004. Under the leadership of Stansbury, MSU's teams were always a threat in the SEC Tournament, reaching the finals of the tournament four times, winning twice. His SEC Tournament record is 16-12. 6

Kind of speaks for itself.