Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tonight's announcers really summed up our basketball program

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Stans had a winning record against every team in the Sec Except KY and FL. Keep on with your hate Stans bullshit. You got what you wanted and boy have we sucked since then.
    ouch.

vCash
    So you’re saying a coach is responsible and not the school. We actually have a great foundation for winning basketball. We have proven we get the best player in Mississippi every year if we have at least a competent coach. We have done that for over 20 years and it isn’t all because of Stansbury. If we had hired the combination of Kermit Davis and Butch Pierre as his top assistant when we let Stansbury go we wouldn’t even be having this discussion because I’d be willing to bet we would have made the tournament most every year and had a couple of Sweet 16s under our belt. But once again, it comes back to who Stricklin hired to replace Stansbury and the self imposed death penalty he enacted on our program and why it’s taking Howland 4 years to get us to the dance.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Stansbury won more SEC Championships in his last 10 years than any other SEC program except Kentucky 12. Mississippi State 8. (Florida 6) Western Conference Champion: 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010. SEC Tournament Champion: 2002, 2009. Overall SEC Champion: 2004. Under the leadership of Stansbury, MSU's teams were always a threat in the SEC Tournament, reaching the finals of the tournament four times, winning twice. His SEC Tournament record is 16-12. 6

Kind of speaks for itself.
    ouch.

vCash
    I see Coach3/4 is at it again.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thats a lie- Stands was 6-9 vs Tennessee

He was propped up playing a weakass SEC West schedule every season. We were never as good as the top the 3 teams in the East year after year.
    plagiarism alert: Coach 34, show us on the doll where Stans touched you.

LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    So you’re saying a coach is responsible and not the school. We actually have a great foundation for winning basketball. We have proven we get the best player in Mississippi every year if we have at least a competent coach. We have done that for over 20 years and it isn’t all because of Stansbury. If we had hired the combination of Kermit Davis and Butch Pierre as his top assistant when we let Stansbury go we wouldn’t even be having this discussion because I’d be willing to bet we would have made the tournament most every year and had a couple of Sweet 16s under our belt. But once again, it comes back to who Stricklin hired to replace Stansbury and the self imposed death penalty he enacted on our program and why it’s taking Howland 4 years to get us to the dance.
    Agree. Scott going rouge was a huge factor.
    CBH should basically get a pass firs 2 years. Look at the roster when he got here.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-22-2018 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Agree. Scott going rouge was a huge factor.
    CBH should basically get a pass firs 2 years. Look at the roster when he got here.
    Didn’t he practically go against everyone including Keenum when he made the Rick Ray hire? I seem to remember that being discussed on here. If that’s the case and since it didn’t work out, he should have been fired on the spot.

vCash
    Davis-Pierre was a no-brainer--you are spot on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I see Coach3/4 is at it again.
    i see what you did--funny

vCash
    Didn’t he practically go against everyone including Keenum when he made the Rick Ray hire? I seem to remember that being discussed on here. If that’s the case and since it didn’t work out, he should have been fired on the spot.
    I will put it this way , Rick Ray was shocked he got the job. And that was told to me by a coach that was on the Clemson staff with RR..

vCash
    Well go watch him coach Western ky..
    I think he's a Mississippi State fan. I never heard of following a coach to another school.

vCash
    I will put it this way , Rick Ray was shocked he got the job. And that was told to me by a coach that was on the Clemson staff with RR..
    I would have been shocked too. I don’t blame Ray for taking the job. It would have literally been like you or I got the job. We were just as qualified. We paid him $1 million a year for three years. He got $3 million from us for doing just as good of a job as an unqualified fan. The thing that also pisses me off the most as well is we shouldn’t be paying our men’s basketball coach $1 million a year. There are some baseball coaches that make more then that. If you are paying your college basketball coach $1 million a year you made the wrong hire to begin with.

vCash
    I would have been shocked too. I don’t blame Ray for taking the job. It would have literally been like you or I got the job. We were just as qualified. We paid him $1 million a year for three years. He got $3 million from us for doing just as good of a job as an unqualified fan. The thing that also pisses me off the most as well is we shouldn’t be paying our men’s basketball coach $1 million a year. There are some baseball coaches that make more then that. If you are paying your college basketball coach $1 million a year you made the wrong hire to begin with.
    He was interviewing at the time for a mid major job when he got the call from Scott
    So yeah to say he was shocked we offered was an understatement .

vCash
    He was interviewing at the time for a mid major job when he got the call from Scott
    you could have stuck a 220 AC up my ass and flipped the switch and I would not have been as shocked. The MSU fan base were dumbfounded.

vCash
    The guy who made that decision is now on the playoff committee. Wonder how long before North Dakota state is the 4-seed in the FBS playoffs

vCash
    Stricklin didnt like the way the program was viewed under Stands. He was looking to change the image and thought we could "do it the right way". It just showed how naive he was/is about college athletics. Terrible decision and we are slowly getting past it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The guy who made that decision is now on the playoff committee. Wonder how long before North Dakota state is the 4-seed in the FBS playoffs
    That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. The CFB Playoff to me is the biggest joke I have seen now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Stricklin didnt like the way the program was viewed under Stands. He was looking to change the image and thought we could "do it the right way". It just showed how naive he was/is about college athletics. Terrible decision and we are slowly getting past it.
    He’s a baffoon and never should have been our athletic director. Glad UF hired him away but truth be told you get fired for those kinds of decisions everywhere else in life. His reward? The UF AD job.

vCash
    I always heard that Scott thought we had Steve Prohm(?) all sewn up and when he backed out and a couple others said no, he panicked and hired Ray. Not that it makes it any better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I always heard that Scott thought we had Steve Prohm(?) all sewn up and when he backed out and a couple others said no, he panicked and hired Ray. Not that it makes it any better.
    He offered Prohm $1.2 million! That’s insulting. If he had offered him $2 million, Steve Prohm would have been our coach.