Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: At Bama: Game Thread

vCash
    And good teams find a way to win, Preds 4 Panthers 3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Down 19 on the road , fight back to have a chance to win.
    Bad teams lose that game by 30 .
    Totally agree Ari. +1

Banned
    vCash
    Well at least Peters found his game again.

vCash
    Tough not to complete the comeback but hopefully peters has some confidence back and Ado has got to find a way to stay on the court. Good fight in the second half but why do we have a first half like that? Hopefully we carry our second half effort with us the rest of the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Could be a turning point for us. Excellent 2nd half. Peters played like we all hoped he would play all year. Might need to cut X loose.
    I don't know man...we've consistantly played one horrible half and one good half all season.

vCash
    Why can we not play two good halves in a game?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    We don?t have a go to guy with a killer instinct.
    I agree. We just don?t have someone we can turn to in those situations. Gotta find a dog!

vCash
    Bad teams lose, period. This team sucks. I?ve watched a lot of SEC basketball at close range over a number of years.! This team sucks, period .

vCash
    Love the fight and effort in the second half. Gotta find a way to play 2 halves.

vCash
    Another stupid post.
    We came back with both of their tales on the bench... then they take 4-5 last shots..also Q didn't block out Key for Bama's go ahead put back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Peters got us back in the game, and got I think 1 more shot. Q completely tried to take over the game and really should have passed more
    I thought peters this year would be that guy but he’s just had a terrible start this year. Hope this is the turn around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    We did and we won by 18. Howland should burn the first half film and forget about it. No need to look at that. To have been able to tie it up with a lot of time left in the game was remarkable. We just couldn’t get over the Hump and get a lead. I felt like if we had just gotten a lead we would have won. We didn’t so we lost. I thought Peters should have taken over the game and he gave it to Q and Q missed the three pointer. Peters needs to shoot that. I thought he had it in rhythm but he passed it to Q. I take it back what I said earlier. We absolutely need Peters and we need to start him. We need to bench Carter and start Peters. It’s time for the Peters/Q/Nick W 1-3 starting five to be united again. Please stop starting Carter. We need Peters to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Well at least Peters found his game again.
    Agree.
    If he plays like he is suppose to and gets rid of all the off the court non sense we are going to beat some teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    you get that with young teams. it's been a struggle this year, but if Peters can get going it's a game changer. Howland just need to let Lamar be Lamar. You have to take the occasional bad with the good, but our best chance with this group is to turn him loose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    We came back with both of their tales on the bench... then they take 4-5 last shots..also Q didn't block out Key for Bama's go ahead put back...
    Point proven about fans basketball IQ..
    you want someone to blame for this loss.
    Blame Xavier Stapleton.. he contributed nothing..

vCash
    Exactly, most teams get beat on the road by 30. Our play in the second gives me hope that we are turning the corner. Man we have some negative fans. How can you blame the Spoons. Q got fouled on the three and his layup. I think we will continue to get better.

vCash
    Point proven about fans basketball IQ..
    you want someone to blame for this loss.
    Blame Xavier Stapleton.. he contributed nothing..
    X has now been suspended twice this season and he transferred from his first school. Problem is without him and with Ado in foul trouble, we were forced to play Feazell and Datcher a combined 38 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Peters got us back in the game, and got I think 1 more shot. Q completely tried to take over the game and really should have passed more
    Pardon Me, but wasn't it Q that hit 2 free throws to tie the game. I want Q taking over the game. Hasn't he already won 2 games with clutch shots at the end, I guess he should have passed. The last possession , Q didn't touch the ball, I wish he had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    X has now been suspended twice this season and he transferred from his first school. Problem is without him and with Ado in foul trouble, we were forced to play Feazell and Datcher a combined 38 minutes.
    When I think of X, I think of unnecessary fouls, taking NBA range shots, and pouting when he is taken out vs. his energy off the bench. He could be a good role player if he would accept his role and quit being suspended. Is he now on strike 2 of 3 and gone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Pardon Me, but wasn't it Q that hit 2 free throws to tie the game. I want Q taking over the game. Hasn't he already won 2 games with clutch shots at the end, I guess he should have passed. The last possession , Q didn't touch the ball, I wish he had.
    Q did some good things for sure, but his 5 TOs were huge. He has to quit turning the ball over so much... over 2.5 per game as a guard