Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
I think I would have kept a 370 hitter from an actual season even with a bad Fall. This kid is hitter for sure.

I bet with OF training he catches the fly ball that Humphries dropped to cost us the Arizona series. Hump never hit pitchers with decent ability but Reynolds seemed to hit anybody - low power though
Reid actually hit even better than Collins did at .310 and hit .280 in SEC play. All 5 home runs he hit were in SEC play too.

It's interesting to me how our fans have forgotten how good some of our players were just a couple of years ago and yet make Luke Reynolds out to be a lot better than he was.

I mean we could have used one of the guys that beat out Luke Reynolds like Cody Brown. And I would have been outraged had Cohen made Brown sit out.

I don't mean to dog Luke Reynolds but he's essentially a guy that got hot late in the season on a bad team. He was hitting below the Mendoza line for most of that year and even as bad as that team was defensively he only played in the field three times. I highly highly doubt that Reynolds would have made that play defensively that Reid missed. Cody Brown probably makes it. Mike Smith probably makes it too.