Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke Reynolds

vCash
    Hope he does well. Was done pretty dirty by Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    How? He was told to improve his defense in the offseason and he didn't do it. And then he struggled at the plate in the fall. Who should Cohen have left off of the 35 man roster instead? No question he would have "made the team" if there are no roster limits. Each player is responsible for their development and progress to a degree. That's part of the reason why we send them off to Massachusetts or Alaska for the summer. Luke is why he isn't on the team anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    I think I would have kept a 370 hitter from an actual season even with a bad Fall. This kid is hitter for sure.

I bet with OF training he catches the fly ball that Humphries dropped to cost us the Arizona series. Hump never hit pitchers with decent ability but Reynolds seemed to hit anybody - low power though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I think I would have kept a 370 hitter from an actual season even with a bad Fall. This kid is hitter for sure.

I bet with OF training he catches the fly ball that Humphries dropped to cost us the Arizona series. Hump never hit pitchers with decent ability but Reynolds seemed to hit anybody - low power though
    Reid actually hit even better than Collins did at .310 and hit .280 in SEC play. All 5 home runs he hit were in SEC play too.

It's interesting to me how our fans have forgotten how good some of our players were just a couple of years ago and yet make Luke Reynolds out to be a lot better than he was.

I mean we could have used one of the guys that beat out Luke Reynolds like Cody Brown. And I would have been outraged had Cohen made Brown sit out.

I don't mean to dog Luke Reynolds but he's essentially a guy that got hot late in the season on a bad team. He was hitting below the Mendoza line for most of that year and even as bad as that team was defensively he only played in the field three times. I highly highly doubt that Reynolds would have made that play defensively that Reid missed. Cody Brown probably makes it. Mike Smith probably makes it too.

Banned
    vCash
    isn't there an old baseball saying " If you can drive in more than you let through, you make the team" ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Reid actually hit even better than Collins did at .310 and hit .280 in SEC play. All 5 home runs he hit were in SEC play too.

It's interesting to me how our fans have forgotten how good some of our players were just a couple of years ago and yet make Luke Reynolds out to be a lot better than he was.

I mean we could have used one of the guys that beat out Luke Reynolds like Cody Brown. And I would have been outraged had Cohen made Brown sit out.

I don't mean to dog Luke Reynolds but he's essentially a guy that got hot late in the season on a bad team. He was hitting below the Mendoza line for most of that year and even as bad as that team was defensively he only played in the field three times. I highly highly doubt that Reynolds would have made that play defensively that Reid missed. Cody Brown probably makes it. Mike Smith probably makes it too.
    People also seem to have forgotten what a shitshow that 2015 team was, and how Cohen cleaned house. It was pretty obvious to anyone that if Cohen gave you a directive after '15 on what you needed to do to be there in '16, you better do it. 8-22 wasn't going to happen again. Reynolds apparently didn't do it.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    People also seem to have forgotten what a shitshow that 2015 team was, and how Cohen cleaned house. It was pretty obvious to anyone that if Cohen gave you a directive after '15 on what you needed to do to be there in '16, you better do it. 8-22 wasn't going to happen again. Reynolds apparently didn't do it.
    Cohen had actually begun to sell his soul and lose control by that time, in all honesty. And it was really unnecessary, we lost a ton of close games in 2015 (remember the 8th inning meltdowns) and anybody who paid attention knew that the sophomore class was going to rise. They simply took longer to develop than we thought, Dakota Hudson did not break out until the end of the year, I mean that dude should have been the Friday night guy

Cannizaro came in at the perfect time, same with Moorhead, as far as all that sort of thing goes

vCash
    Unless he is a team cancer- you dont cut someone that hit .370.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Hump should have been strictly a pitcher. Huge hole in swing and I remember C34 correctly pounding the point that he was atrocious against righties.

Rooker was a better hitter and of in 2016 than hump and should have been in left. I would take Reynolds as a lh DH over hump as a DH. Or at least platoon vs righty/lefty.

And to answer the question of who should have been left off, how about Michael smith and his .214 avg and strikeouts in half his at bats. Would much rather have had Reynolds pinch hit than smith against Arizona in the game that ended our season.
    Last edited by confucius say; 01-22-2018 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Hump should have been strictly a pitcher. Huge hole in swing and I remember C34 correctly pounding the point that he was atrocious against righties.

Rooker was a better and of in 2016 than hump and should have been in left. I would take Reynolds as a lh DH over hump as a DH. Or at least platoon vs righty/lefty.

And to answer the question of who should have been left off, how about Michael smith and his .214 avg and strikeouts in half his at bats. Would much rather have had Reynolds pinch hit than smith against Arizona in the game that ended our season.
    exactly. Hump was so awful vs RHP's we didnt even start him in the last game of the Super. But he absolutely hammered LHP's that year. A platoon DH with Hump pitching more would have helped that team alot more
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    exactly. Hump was so awful vs RHP's we didnt even start him in the last game of the Super. But he absolutely hammered LHP's that year. A platoon DH with Hump pitching more would have helped that team alot more
    How you cut a lh Reynolds who hit .370 against sec pitching the year before and keep Michael smith who hit .208 the year before and .176 the year before against sec pitching is an all time wtf by Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

Rooker was a better hitter and of in 2016 than hump and should have been in left. I would take Reynolds as a lh DH over hump as a DH. Or at least platoon vs righty/lefty.

2016 was a great season but I will be haunted by Arizona until we finally win a title

We had those bastards on the ropes early in game-1 and we let them off the hook. Then we blew a great Sexton start in game-2

With one win we could have pitched our hottest pitcher and the Arizona arm killers had nothing left for game-3
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 01-22-2018 at 09:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    2016 was a great season but I will be haunted by Arizona until we finally win a title

We had those bastards on the ropes early in game-1 and we let them off the hook. Then we blew a great Sexton start in game-2

With one win we could have pitched our hottest pitcher and the Arizona arm killers had nothing left for game-3
    No doubt Houston would have shoved it in game 3.