Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
Saban knew exactly what he was doing and it?s obvious.

Losing to auburn, barely beating Georgia, and needing 3 defensive breakdowns to leave strarkville with a W have Saban realizing his once large gap, has essentially been eliminated.

I think it?s because of the 25 signee rule. Since that has been implemented the Gap has closed. Can?t remember when but I posted about this during the season. The gist of the post was about how many of those 26-30 signees would?ve started and benefitted teams like State. Instead they signed with Bama, never cracked the 3 deep and were processed. In contrast, look how much better we have recruited with this new rule in place. People only look at Bama but multiply that 5 additional signees by every team that recruits above us and that ends up being a ton of talented players available now that previously wouldn?t have signed with us.

This is how the Vaught?s and Bryant?s were so successful. This and Allowing booster money for scholarships. OM and Bama has the poster money to sign the best 8-10 players at every position and just keep those players away from other programs. They cannot do that now and the 25 limit really prevents the hoarding.
I think it's coaches telling recruits that Saban won't be there much longer.