Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saban pulling all the tricks possible

vCash

Saban pulling all the tricks possible

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-alabama-coach

I find it ironic the dad telling Saban being hired wouldn't guarantee his son coming. Of course after that he didn't get the job.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 01-20-2018 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Isn?t there an ncaa rule on this now? Or does that just apply to recruits hs coach and not his family?

Oh, and saban use to be thought as of as a disciplinarian and above all the fray. He?s just like the rest of them though.

vCash
    Me thinks urban and smart starting to scare saban that his recruiting dynasty starting to crumble. Georgia has the lead, and that gap looks to widen. Ohio state leads the country in avg recruiting ranking for the 2nd straight year... over 94 again. 94 is very impressive... no one has got that mark in a while (if ever); 2nd straight year for urban. I quit looking at 2009

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Isn?t there an ncaa rule on this now? Or does that just apply to recruits hs coach and not his family?

Oh, and saban use to be thought as of as a disciplinarian and above all the fray. He?s just like the rest of them though.
    They discuss the ncaa rule in the article and how it has no impact for on-field coach hires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post

nothing matters at bama except winning,get caught with drugs guns whatever,just win the game.Frick bama

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Saban knew exactly what he was doing and it?s obvious.

Losing to auburn, barely beating Georgia, and needing 3 defensive breakdowns to leave strarkville with a W have Saban realizing his once large gap, has essentially been eliminated.

I think it?s because of the 25 signee rule. Since that has been implemented the Gap has closed. Can?t remember when but I posted about this during the season. The gist of the post was about how many of those 26-30 signees would?ve started and benefitted teams like State. Instead they signed with Bama, never cracked the 3 deep and were processed. In contrast, look how much better we have recruited with this new rule in place. People only look at Bama but multiply that 5 additional signees by every team that recruits above us and that ends up being a ton of talented players available now that previously wouldn?t have signed with us.

This is how the Vaught?s and Bryant?s were so successful. This and Allowing booster money for scholarships. OM and Bama has the poster money to sign the best 8-10 players at every position and just keep those players away from other programs. They cannot do that now and the 25 limit really prevents the hoarding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

Losing to auburn, barely beating Georgia, and needing 3 defensive breakdowns to leave strarkville with a W have Saban realizing his once large gap, has essentially been eliminated.

I think it?s because of the 25 signee rule. Since that has been implemented the Gap has closed. Can?t remember when but I posted about this during the season. The gist of the post was about how many of those 26-30 signees would?ve started and benefitted teams like State. Instead they signed with Bama, never cracked the 3 deep and were processed. In contrast, look how much better we have recruited with this new rule in place. People only look at Bama but multiply that 5 additional signees by every team that recruits above us and that ends up being a ton of talented players available now that previously wouldn?t have signed with us.

This is how the Vaught?s and Bryant?s were so successful. This and Allowing booster money for scholarships. OM and Bama has the poster money to sign the best 8-10 players at every position and just keep those players away from other programs. They cannot do that now and the 25 limit really prevents the hoarding.
    To me this was the most undeserved championship Saban has ever won. Without an SEC official apparently purposely allowing a Bama WR to voluntarily run 2 out of bounds to catch a TD pass Bama doesn't make it out of Starkville with a win to even make the playoffs. And then all the blown calls that went their way against Georgia in the championship game made the whole thing a farce in my view. AL would have never even made it to overtime in that game without a LOT of officiating help.

vCash

I think it's coaches telling recruits that Saban won't be there much longer.

vCash
    Wow. Where to begin....?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Wow. Where to begin....?
    A good place to start is the MSU game! The one that Bama should have lost no questions asked, EXCEPT for an obvious and blatant bad call. If the call is made correctly MSU wins that game and Bama never makes it to the National Title.

vCash
    Wow. Where to begin....?
    I would take an undeserved NC any day. A not give two damns.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Wow. Where to begin....?
    1941 for starters

vCash
    Now we know what Saban and Freeze talked about during their meeting. Who knew Saban would ask Freeze about any idea he could use to get the kid to commit.

vCash
    For my 2nd post in this thread: I (prematurely) nominate it for a “best of”/sticky....

A lot of potential, here...

No.

vCash

You forgot also needing the refs to allow Ridley to run his routes out of bounds.

vCash
    Wow. Where to begin....?
    How about here

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nship-facemask

I haven't seen that many obvious black and white blown calls go MSU's way in my lifetime much less in one game of one season for a championship. But I will say for Bama that, just like in the MSU game earlier this year, if the refs keep them in the game long enough they know how to make the plays in the end to win because they've been there enough to absolutely know how to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    How about here

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nship-facemask

I haven't seen that many obvious black and white blown calls go MSU's way in my lifetime much less in one game of one season for a championship. But I will say for Bama that, just like in the MSU game earlier this year, if the refs keep them in the game long enough they know how to make the plays in the end to win because they've been there enough to absolutely know how to do that.
    Come on guys, whining is for losers

If anything this was bama?s most deserved NC because of all of the injuries and adversary they over came. Bad calls are apart of the game - The coaches on the coaches version of the NC game said that in championship games the refs usually swallow their whistle and had no problem with how the game was called. And Saban isn?t scared of anyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bamadog View Post
    Come on guys, whining is for losers

If anything this was bama?s most deserved NC because of all of the injuries and adversary they over came. Bad calls are apart of the game - The coaches on the coaches version of the NC game said that in championship games the refs usually swallow their whistle and had no problem with how the game was called. And Saban isn?t scared of anyone.
    And of course this is the typical type response expected anytime officiating is brought up as an issue even though, when obvious calls are missed, it can have a bigger impact on a competitive game than just about anything else happening on the field. You can call it whining, I say its calling a spade a spade. And I've seen so much of it go against MSU over the years when playing the so called SEC 'power' programs that no, when its obvious, I am no longer just going to let it go and not say anything about it. When an official drops his hat because a WR voluntarily runs 2 yards out of bounds, but then after the result of the play is that same WR catching a 70 yard TD pass he decides to just let it go, that is biased officiating, not just incompetent officiating. Would have been a much better look if he could have just said "I didn't see it". Bama just happened to be the recipient of a lot of blown obvious calls this year that allowed them to win multiple close games, that's not whining, that's just fact.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 01-21-2018 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    I'm confused as to what "trick" was in play here... is the inference that Saban wanted to hire the father of a stud DB in order to gain the commitment of said stud DB?

No.

Banned
    vCash
    I'm confused as to what "trick" was in play here... is the inference that Saban wanted to hire the father of a stud DB in order to gain the commitment of said stud DB?
    I like where this is going. I'm just gonna sit back and listen.