Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball RPI

vCash

Men's Basketball RPI

Our RPI is currently sitting at 77 right now. I don't know how many of you have paid really close attention to the RPI of our opponents recently, but our non conference opponents are absolutely hammering our RPI. As of right now we have this on our RPI:

Alabama State - 340 in RPI
    Florida A&M - 345 in RPI
    Green Bay - 341 in RPI
    UT Martin - 339 in RPI

To put that in perspective, there's 351 teams in D1 basketball, so 4 of our non conference opponents are currently in the bottom 12 of RPI in all of college basketball. That should be unacceptable for our program at any point in time.

Add to that 4 other opponents with an RPI in the 200's and you make for one trashy non conference schedule. I know we are addressing this some next year, but damn this has killed us and I believe has left us unprepared for the grind of a much better overall SEC. I think most of us believe that playing good teams helps prepare you. I think conversely, playing bad teams leaves you unprepared to play really good teams. Considering that our 1st 3 opponents are in the 340's in RPI, I think we really limited our potential by not having a bit more of a challenging schedule.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 01-19-2018 at 08:38 AM.

vCash
    Why do we even care this team is gonna get plunked by Bama and most likely win only 3 more games this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    win only 3 more games this season.
    I will take the over. Name the stakes

vCash
    Why do we even care this team is gonna get plunked by Bama and most likely win only 3 more games this season.
    Damn I sure hope we don’t get plunked too bad. Getting plunked this weekend would suck.

Yeah it sucks so bad to have a team that is on the bubble watch.

vCash
    We are still one of the youngest teams in the country this year. Contrary to twitter, we don't have a lottery pick on our team and our player leadership seems to be lacking. Hopefully they continue to develop and maybe sneak into the NIT or possibly the NCAAs. This team just desperately needs to find an identity on offense because every game it seems like nothing is consistent.

vCash
    Sloppy ball handling, horrible shot selection, and below average on ball defense typically doesn’t add up to a bunch of road victories plus Bama is pretty good, we are not. Bama by a bunch.

vCash
    We beat Bama on the road.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    We beat Bama on the road.
    WTF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    WTF?
    FIFY
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I think we win this weekend
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I think we win this weekend
    IF we can go in and control their players with ...the BIG hair....we have a shot.
    Lets give them a hair cut Saturday!

vCash
    We can't win this weekend. Not sure what the board would do if we had a win against a good team on our resume.

vCash
    This looks like a thread that was created before Tuesday’s game. I do think we win this weekend because at the very least Sexton will be slowed by injury or may not be able to play. Hall has a broken wrist and will be slowed as well. I doubt Petty is going to go off for another 27 like he had to do to beat Auburn. Y’alls ability to focus on the absolute negative is amazing. You don’t even make any good points.

vCash
    I think we win a minimum of half of our remaining games. We'll be over .500 in conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Sloppy ball handling, horrible shot selection, and below average on ball defense typically doesn’t add up to a bunch of road victories plus Bama is pretty good, we are not. Bama by a bunch.
    Below average on ball defense hasn’t described us at all this year. It’s almost like you have combined our defense from last year and combined our offensive struggles from the second half of games this year into this imaginary team you want to bitch about. Bama is 12-6 and possibly will be missing their best player with one of their other better post players being limited. Alabama may win the game but it won’t be “by a bunch” as you say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I will take the over. Name the stakes
    I wouldn’t put any faith in what 99jc has to say. Pretty much 180 degrees out of phase.

I have a cousin who works for the NCAA infractions committee. I askedo him several weeks ago about tsun and what his thoughts were...( he was not part of the TSUN investigation) and while he would not comment directly on them he smiled and said I know your a Mississippi State Alum and I feel strongly you will not be disappointed.

GTHOM. That's all I have to say about that.

This booster is a well know female, a 7 figure donor, a 3rd generation alumni booster and according to her was family friends with the Vaults.

She stated 3 things that really got my attention.
    1) She stated that most prominent boosters do not blame Miss State or any of our players for their problems. It was that Hugh Freeze and Alabama that was responsible.
    2) They (the boosters) did not have a problem with the ca$h or other material things provided the players but the providing of prostitution for players was unacceptable.
    3) They were informed that the NCAA had indeed put the death penalty on the table if the evidence came to light on the prostitution. She went on about The prostitution stuff for a while.

I asked her what they felt was going to happen. She said the president and Ross B. Have eluded that multi year bowl bans, severe scholarship reductions, forfeiture of games, loss of bowl revenue received, among other things should be expected. She then said the program was at the bottom of the barrel and would soon be under the barrel. She then said if the prostitution charges were proved many prominent boosters would immediately stop their contributions.

Nothing really new here but it's the 1st time someone with real insight on the university ( not what some dumbass poster on nafoom thinks) has been this truthful. It just reaffirms what we all felt and know is going to happen.

Click an Add Shitbirds.

vCash
    We lose when we play good teams. It’s why our schedule is so bad. The End.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We lose when we play good teams. It’s why our schedule is so bad. The End.
    Ark #26 rpi.

vCash
    I remember Stans taking a top 20 team into Tuscaloosa and getting beat by about fifty... So it happens.

vCash
    Damn facts.

Some pitiful fans on this board (not you msstate7). If one can take away anything, is our team is improving just not at the rate we all want to see.
    If, big IF, we beat bama, all the downers here will be changing their tunes. If we lose, more of the same.

Support the team, amazing what positive vibes can do for all.