Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men's Basketball RPI

vCash
    Need more Holman at the 5 today if we want to win.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Meh, rather ado, but when ado out, sure

vCash
    I think for either or both of them to be effective, Lamar and Nick are gonna have to penetrate and break down the defense so we can get the inside/out game going. We simply can't get lazy on the perimeter, run down the shot clock and take bad shots. If we ever needed Lamar to play with swagger AND control his emotions, today is the day. Holman plays the 5 when we go "small" and we were very effective against Vandy offensively like that. Unfortunately, that's also when we gave up a number of easy layups from poor defensive rotations...we won't get away with that on the road at Bama.

BTW, anyone going to the game? I see where it's a sellout...gonna be a hostile environment!

vCash
    We really need nick get it going again. He has not played very well since the ark game.

ETA ? until I hear for sure Sexton is not playing, I assume he will. If nick can slow him down, I do not care if nick even scores. Someone will have to slow Sexton down
    Last edited by msstate7; 01-20-2018 at 09:46 AM.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ??? Holman is well on his way to playing himself onto a NBA roster. His outside shot keeps improving and his length makes him a huge mismatch.

We can win this game. We cannot be sloppy. And most importantly we cannot allow one single player to heat up like we seem to do most games. The reason Bama beat Auburn was Side show Bob heating up and sinking all those threes the other night. If we disrupt and don?t allow someone to get hot we can win by going down low to Holman and Ado.

vCash
    Holman is twice the post player Ado is on the offensive end. We are the best we can be with Holman at the 5. Play Ado there for 20 mins and Holman there for 20 mins

vCash
    Holman is twice the post player Ado is on the offensive end. We are the best we can be with Holman at the 5. Play Ado there for 20 mins and Holman there for 20 mins
    I like having both of them on the court. No way I want either/or

vCash
    On my way to Tuscaloosa...someone start a game thread later. I hope whatever Bama fans that will be sitting around me have a sense of humor!

vCash
    I like having both of them on the court. No way I want either/or
    we simply get better play that way. Also helps having X-Man at the 4- even Q for a few mins depending on how Datcher is
    how Datcher is playing. We are wasting Holman out there as he just stands around at the 4

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Who remembers the miracle comeback in Coleman when Timmy Bowers put the team on his back and willed us to a W. Want to say we were down 15-20 points with just 2-3 minutes left. Damn that game was special and one MSU game I?ll bever ever forget.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Do you not like them playing together?

I like having Them play together. Seems like a competitive advantage have 2 big athletic big men. Especially when we aren?t shooting well anyway.

Who would you play at the 4?

vCash
    Nvm, I see your reasoning. Didn?t read it all before.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Do you not like them playing together?

I like having Them play together. Seems like a competitive advantage have 2 big athletic big men. Especially when we aren?t shooting well anyway.

Who would you play at the 4?
    When they both play together the other teams struggle to score. We should always have at least one of them on the court at all times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    When they both play together the other teams struggle to score. We should always have at least one of them on the court at all times.
    I agree. I?d play them together but I?d run EVERYTHING offensively through Holman. He is good offensively he passes well, he?s our best player.

I?d also run( push the pace) at all costs.

vCash
    Vandy close to beating LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    If, big IF, we beat bama, all the downers here will be changing their tunes.
    No, if we beat Alabama, the usual suspects will recast Alabama as a bad team. See Arkansas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Below average on ball defense hasn?t described us at all this year. It?s almost like you have combined our defense from last year and combined our offensive struggles from the second half of games this year into this imaginary team you want to bitch about. Bama is 12-6 and possibly will be missing their best player with one of their other better post players being limited. Alabama may win the game but it won?t be ?by a bunch? as you say.

We are 0-3 on the road this year, average defeat right at 13 points.
    2 of the 3 were over at the half.
    Yep, We got Bama right where we want them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    We play them together- and then when they get in foul trouble or need to rest- we have Datcher and the X-Man at the 4 and 5. We become really shitty when that happens,

Start them together for the 1st 4 mins- then at the 16:00 time-out start rotating them at the 5. It's whats best for this team.

vCash
    I can't believe we're only a 5.5 pt dog. Bama has manhandled us for the last 5 years. Bama 68-46.
    Last edited by klong-dog; 01-20-2018 at 09:06 PM.