Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball thread...

Banned
    vCash

Baseball thread...

anyone wanna take a swing at our starting lineup and rotation? I have no clue just kinda itching to hear some baseball talk on a cold thursday in January.

vCash
    SEC Rotation:

Friday- Pilk
    Saturday- Small
    Sunday- France

Midweek- I'd throw Denver because he has so much potential- no idea what kind of progress he has made though
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SEC Rotation:

Friday- Pilk
    Saturday- Small
    Sunday- France

Midweek- I'd throw Denver because he has so much potential- no idea what kind of progress he has made though
    Hopefully cut down on the walks.

vCash
    SEC Rotation:

Friday- Pilk
    Saturday- Small
    Sunday- France

That's pretty 17'ing salty provided Small is as good as the whispers and France can be the Tiger Slayer while wearing maroon. Billingsley and Gordon are pretty solid as well. We look to have the pitching depth needed to do well in the tourneys.

vCash
    SEC Rotation:

Friday- Pilk
    Saturday- Small
    Sunday- France

Any chance that Denver plays in the field? Doesn't he supposedly hit with some power?

vCash
    SEC Rotation:

Friday- Pilk
    Saturday- Small
    Sunday- France

Denver has some nasty stuff! Hope he can harness it cause he can be a shutdown type guy if it all comes together!

vCash
    Bats??? What newcomers, transfers, redshirts, etc are we expecting to help us score runs this year?

Power hitters & RBI guys??

vCash
    If Stovall has to play catcher like some have said, that worries me a tad. Hope we have some quality depth at INF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If Stovall has to play catcher like some have said, that worries me a tad. Hope we have some quality depth at INF
    That's the rub, Stovall is a dang good catcher, but he's also our best option at 2B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That's the rub, Stovall is a dang good catcher, but he's also our best option at 2B.
    I guess it is one of the choices that you make on which backup would you rather have in the game, backup catcher or backup 2nd? If Stovall gives you a premium bat while giving you good defense at catcher then it is probably easier to get a 2nd baseman ready to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I guess it is one of the choices that you make on which backup would you rather have in the game, backup catcher or backup 2nd? If Stovall gives you a premium bat while giving you good defense at catcher then it is probably easier to get a 2nd baseman ready to play.
    You're a smart man. Exactly how I would approach it as well.

vCash
    Fri- Pilkington
    Sat- Small
    Sun- France
    Closer- Self
    Midweek- Billingsley

C- Gilbert/Skelton

1B- MacNamee
    2B- Stovall
    3B- Jordan Westburg/Justin Foscue
    SS- LA

LF- Tanner Allen
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Vansau
    DH- Jordan Anderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Fri- Pilkington
    Sat- Small
    Sun- France
    Closer- Self
    Midweek- Billingsley

C- Gilbert/Skelton

1B- MacNamee
    2B- Stovall
    SS- LA

LF- Tanner Allen
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Vansau
    DH- Jordan Anderson
    This is prob the closest to my guess

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneDawg View Post
    This is prob the closest to my guess
    I'm not 100% sure on who is at third or DH. Or midweek. I just like Cole Gordon coming out of the bullpen better than I do starting and I like Billingsley better starting than I do coming out of the bullpen based on what I have seen of those two.

Foscue has performed well in scrimmages but Westburg has the higher ceiling. Tanner Poole will play a lot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Fri- Pilkington
    Sat- Small
    Sun- France
    Closer- Self
    Midweek- Billingsley

C- Gilbert/Skelton

1B- MacNamee
    2B- Stovall
    SS- LA

LF- Tanner Allen
    CF- Mangum
    RF- Vansau
    DH- Jordan Anderson
    Denver has better stuff overall than Billingsley. But Denver has a 5 cent head too, so Billingsley may be the safer choice. I pray to the baseball gods we dont have to catch Stovall. I'm a huge believer in being as strong as you can be up the middle- its what great teams do. Magnum in Center, Belmont and Stovall at SS and 2B plus a solid catcher makes us sooooo good defensively. With our pitching- that should be at a premium. Be as good as we can be up the middle.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Denver has better stuff overall than Billingsley. But Denver has a 5 cent head too, so Billingsley may be the safer choice. I pray to the baseball gods we dont have to catch Stovall. I'm a huge believer in being as strong as you can be up the middle- its what great teams do. Magnum in Center, Belmont and Stovall at SS and 2B plus a solid catcher makes us sooooo good defensively. With our pitching- that should be at a premium. Be as good as we can be up the middle.
    Gilbert is the catcher as of this past week per Cann

vCash
    Just reading this gave me flashbacks and a reminder of your obsession with Alexander (aka Belmont)...

Kind of gets me excited for the start baseball season. The only thing I'm missing is MState7 posting and melting after every hit/out/strike/ball/inning/game (you get the point)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    The only thing I'm missing is MState7 posting and melting after every hit/out/strike/ball/inning/game (you get the point)...
    In the words of C34, it?s coming

vCash
    Denver does have better stuff than Billingsley but he has to show that he can command his pitches and throw strikes more consistently. Billingsley is your typical fifth year college senior baseball player. He has decent stuff and has pitched in some big games for us and had success- he was the MVP of the Governor's Cup in 2016 and he was clutch against USM in a start in an elimination game on the road for us last year.

Stovall catching just depends on how quickly Gilbert adjusts to the SEC and how much Skelton has progressed.

I agree that most good teams are solid up the middle.

Banned
    vCash
    every last one of you knows Tanner Poole gonna start