Safeties

Mclaurin...
    79 tackles 3.5 tfl 1.5 sacks 6 int 1 forced fumble

Abram...
    71 tackles. 5.0 tfl 2.0 sacks 2 forced fumbles

Bryant...
    32 tackles 0.5 tfl 1 int

Will landrews and Cole be at safety?

I really think this group could shine next season with shoop coaching them.

vCash
    Pretty stark difference in production between Abram and Bryant, and not in the direction you'd expect with Bryant being the "starter." He improved significantly over last year, but it appears he has a lot of room to continue. Hopefully Shoop can help him take the next step.

vCash
    Cole's going to get a hard look at CB this Spring I believe
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Bryant played very little during the bowl game. I'd move him to corner. I don't know if he's fluid enough. He's stiff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Bryant played very little during the bowl game. I'd move him to corner. I don't know if he's fluid enough. He's stiff
    yep but he does have the speed. Worth a look for a couple of days

vCash
    We have to have more than 2. 3 will be on the field a lot of times and you know....they might get tired.....so a couple of more wouldn’t hurt.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Cole's going to get a hard look at CB this Spring I believe
    Correct .. unless Shoop has different plans than English and Grantham

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    We have to have more than 2. 3 will be on the field a lot of times and you know....they might get tired.....so a couple of more wouldn’t hurt.
    That depends on the DC. He may use corners instead of safeties for the 3rd Db. Grantham used safeties. I would prefer a corner for better coverage.

vCash
    That depends on the DC. He may use corners instead of safeties for the 3rd Db. Grantham used safeties. I would prefer a corner for better coverage.
    Especially against Spread teams. A 3rd Safety is fine vs an Auburn, Georgia, or Bama because of their physicality. But when you play A&M, OM, and others- really need that 3rd CB

vCash
    Bryant aint catching up to Tyler Williams at CB. Hed be better off to move to LB or stay at S.

Dont think he has the instincts and toughness to play LB. Hes in a tough spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Bryant aint catching up to Tyler Williams at CB. Hed be better off to move to LB or stay at S.

Dont think he has the instincts and toughness to play LB. Hes in a tough spot
    With Bryant's speed, he is a prototype for free safety. Hopefully he takes another big step up and plays to his potential.

vCash
    You can misinterpret safeties getting tackles. I am assuming it is good but it could be that the ball carrier is down field.

vCash
    Bryant has digressed every year.... he will be a combine star until they start watching tape during evals.....

vCash
    Especially against Spread teams. A 3rd Safety is fine vs an Auburn, Georgia, or Bama because of their physicality. But when you play A&M, OM, and others- really need that 3rd CB
    Absolutely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Bryant has digressed every year.... he will be a combine star until they start watching tape during evals.....
    He was better this past season than 2016. He almost quit during 16

vCash
    I was really looking at it as the 5th best player of ALL the DB’s. Not splitting hairs, but I think this coaching staff is going to get the best football players on the field and they ain’t gonna care if you’re a senior or not.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    I was really looking at it as the 5th best player of ALL the DB’s. Not splitting hairs, but I think this coaching staff is going to get the best football players on the field and they ain’t gonna care if you’re a senior or not.
    The seniority thing is what I hope ends 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He was better this past season than 2016. He almost quit during 16
    Bryant was much better in 2017

i don’t know who Tyler Williams is- but he doesn’t have the experience or speed that Bryant has

vCash
    Bryant was much better in 2017

i don’t know who Tyler Williams is- but he doesn’t have the experience or speed that Bryant has
    Tyler Williams is the DB from Lafayette County who redshirted this year. I don't have inside info on his progress or upside, maybe someone else can help.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Tyler Williams is the DB from Lafayette County who redshirted this year. I don't have inside info on his progress or upside, maybe someone else can help.
    Hes good.